Sponsored

2023 Bronco & Rokblokz Mudflaps - Not Compatible?

Ash_Hol

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello!

The title pretty much speaks for itself, but i’m wondering if anyone else with a 2023 Bronco has tried to install the Rolblokz (original length) mud flaps.

I installed the rear flaps just fine, but when I went to install the front flaps, I needed to remove 2x 5/8 bolts that run through the anti-intrusion/crash bar (see video). I was having a difficult time removing them, and just happened to look underneath, and it looks like the bolt was welded to the bar (see photos).

It’s pretty late here to the pictures might not be the best, i’ll try again tomorrow in the sunlight. Would love to hear from anyone else with a ‘23 to see if your crash bar is welded on as well.

Link to flaps:
https://rokblokz.com/collections/ford-truck-mud-guards-mud-flaps/products/ford-bronco-2021-mud-flaps

Installation Video: (Skip to 5:50)

Thank you!

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You posted this in the buy sell area just FYI.

I do have some knock off rokblokz but assuming they mount in the same way. On the ones that I have the arm that supports the back of the mudflap will rest on top of the nuts that are welded into place and then you chase additional nuts over it to sandwich the piece of metal between the two sets of nuts.

Alternatively you can remove the crash bars very easily if they ship certain sets for specific configurations.

There are two bolts on the top side of the rear crash bars that you remove then the crash bar will slide out.

See below video 1:57 mark.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the front RB mudflaps and already removed them. On the 23' wildtrak it rubs. Have had RB on many vehicles in the past and with no issues.

Installed and noticed it was really close to the tire, backing out of the driveway it rubbed and pretty much anywhere while turning. No issues removing the factory crash bar bolts.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update, after a couple of trails and hearing all the rocks being kicked up, took apart the lower portion of the fender liner and removed the plastic piece just taking up space.

Reinstalled the rokblokz and no rubbing now.

OP
OP
Ash_Hol

Ash_Hol

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You posted this in the buy sell area just FYI.

I do have some knock off rokblokz but assuming they mount in the same way. On the ones that I have the arm that supports the back of the mudflap will rest on top of the nuts that are welded into place and then you chase additional nuts over it to sandwich the piece of metal between the two sets of nuts.

Alternatively you can remove the crash bars very easily if they ship certain sets for specific configurations.

There are two bolts on the top side of the rear crash bars that you remove then the crash bar will slide out.

See below video 1:57 mark.

Thanks for the heads-up about posting in the wrong spot, that's my bad. I'll reply to everyone here and give it 24hrs and delete my post so I don't confuse buyers/sellers haha!

It turns out that I needed just a little more elbow grease than I had (I didn't have an impact drill or a torque wrench). It just so happened that I was visiting my dad out of town the following week and he managed to get them off for me!

Side note: I did reach out to the Rokblokz team via email at the same time and their customer service was great! They replied quickly, took the time to understand the problem, and then replied with clear information on what to try next. Very happy with them so far!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ash_Hol

Ash_Hol

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update, after a couple of trails and hearing all the rocks being kicked up, took apart the lower portion of the fender liner and removed the plastic piece just taking up space.

Awesome, thanks for the updates/information!

On mine (2dr big bend) i've got the opposite issue. I noticed there was a pretty decent gap between the front flaps and the fender (like 1/4 - 1/2") but so far I haven't had any rattling or had any trouble with it thankfully!

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bolts can be removed, the nuts are welded to the bracket. You remove the bolts from the top by turning the bolts, the nuts stay in place.

Impact Wrench is the name you're looking for and never use a Torque Wrench to loosen anything.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mentioned that you purchased the Original size. Not the original long or XL's correct?
Do you have any pictures of how they look on your bronco?

OP
OP
Ash_Hol

Ash_Hol

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You mentioned that you purchased the Original size. Not the original long or XL's correct?
Here’s them on my 23’ Big Bend (Original length) if that helps! I also forgot to take this thread down, but will wait until things die down I guess.

IMG_8859.jpeg

IMG_8813.jpeg

kd.overland

Raptor
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kdover.land
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My second set, these fit and look more natural then factory with a better fitment and look then the standard 6g. They can take a crunch well and are a proven solution.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco & Rokblokz Mudflaps - Not Compatible? KJD06613

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually it was the XL, however I removed them shortly after as it didn't work with 37s even with the plastic pieces removed behind the fender liners.

Last edited:

Bronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford lariat F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s a picture of the XL set on my 23 Wildtrak. I haven't had any issues with rubbing or clearance. I installed them prior to leaving the dealer - day of purchase. Didn’t want to drive until I had them installed.
IMG_3538.png
Sponsored