Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a big fan of mud flaps but I live on a lake and crossing the damn slings water on the Bronco everyday see first pic for results.

So as far as mud flaps go I love the RokBlokz the braces let me run 38s BUT they are so big

I take them off when I go riding being they stick down so far. I took them off the other day and was like they aren't going back on the next day yep dirt all over the side of my Bronco. This is when I decided to modify.

End results I took off 5 1/4in (This hight also is close to level with the undercarriage of the Bronco so I think I will leave them on when riding and see if I have any problems) If I do I will post back

I used a straight bar to decide how much to take off (See pic)

Tools needed I have a few types of cutters these ended up working best. After cutting I used a grinding wheel to get perfect then used the wire wheel to smooth out.

After cutting I used the piece I cut to make my curved edges and angles.

Key thing to point out is this worked for me because my steps block after that point so keep that in mind.

Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4346
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4347
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4348
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4349
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4350
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4352
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4353
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4354
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4356
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification IMG_4357
Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like your idea. I think I'll follow your lead. I always thought mine looked a little funky when they're on but they do work! Especially on gravel roads.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not buy the cheaper mudflaps, that arnt $500, if your going to cut them up? There are some out there that look just like RB without the easy remove option. Cutting makes it pointless to remove so that option/feature becomes mute. Just a thought for those wanting to do this.

Have you tried it out on gravel or a mud/dirt road? Can you provide before and after pics please. Im questioning how effective this is. I have RB also and not too excited about the look but for me functionality over looks always. If this is effective…then dang I might be selling my RB for some cheapy mabbet flaps to cut up.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like your idea. I think I'll follow your lead. I always thought mine looked a little funky when they're on but they do work! Especially on gravel roads.
Keep in mind my steps poke out also so I only needed to fill the gap between the steps and finders.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not buy the cheaper mudflaps, that arnt $500, if your going to cut them up? There are some out there that look just like RB without the easy remove option. Cutting makes it pointless to remove so that option/feature becomes mute. Just a thought for those wanting to do this.

Have you tried it out on gravel or a mud/dirt road? Can you provide before and after pics please. Im questioning how effective this is. I have RB also and not too excited about the look but for me functionality over looks always. If this is effective…then dang I might be selling my RB for some cheapy mabbet flaps to cut up.
Ok, for getting cheeper ones keep in mind when I got my flaps we didn't have but like 3 options I bought these back in Feb of 2022. But as I also wrote I like and need the brackets they use to help me fit 38s. They work great in mud gravel and dirt but as I also wrote I have steps that stick out so I only need to fill a small gap. As for Pics look at the ones I posted The first pic shows how the water was slinging up on the side. No need for another pic as I said no more water getting on the side of my bronco. If you are talking about Pics of the flaps before and after all the rest of the pics show that.

Sponsored

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the extra-long for my Sasquatch and love them. I've taken them off for some offroading, but on my last off-road (Class 4 Vermont roads, abandoned and unmaintained dirt roads & trails but legal roads) I kept them on and asked people to closely observe just how much they bent. Quite a lot, as it turned out. They just bent on trailing rocks and logs and snapped back into place.
OTOH, I didn't back up over any obstacles. Probably safest to remove them for offroading.

As a one-time Class A trucker, I consider mudflaps not only necessary accessories, but articles of beauty.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep in mind my steps poke out also so I only needed to fill the gap between the steps and finders.
I saw that we have the same sliders/steps as well as flaps. Only diff is I'm of the 2DR version. I'm on 35's leveled and the takedown knob on the outer passenger side rubs on compression. I'll be putting on 37's this week with a 3.88in lift so the rubbing won't be a issue anymore.
I'm not as concerned what comes out the back as the front and I noticed how the rails add a extra measure of support for the front flaps. I'll be sure to post some before & after pics like yours. It will take me a couple of weeks as I have a lot of irons in the fire right now.
I've made some poly modifications on other things and have a habit now of torching the edges to smooth them out.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw that we have the same sliders/steps as well as flaps. Only diff is I'm of the 2DR version. I'm on 35's leveled and the takedown knob on the outer passenger side rubs on compression. I'll be putting on 37's this week with a 3.88in lift so the rubbing won't be a issue anymore.
I'm not as concerned what comes out the back as the front and I noticed how the rails add a extra measure of support for the front flaps. I'll be sure to post some before & after pics like yours. It will take me a couple of weeks as I have a lot of irons in the fire right now.
I've made some poly modifications on other things and have a habit now of torching the edges to smooth them out.
I have a ton of info in my 2 builds on making clearance. If you interested.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I've had the truck back from the shop a couple of weeks now and I just got around to putting the XL rock bloks on to see about how much I might want to trim.
To be honest, after the 4-in lift and 37s it doesn't look too bad. I'm thinking if I did trim it it wouldn't be much more than the space the logos take up which is what one to two inches?.
I'm going to ride around like this for a while, see how they perform and take a gander at them from a few different angles. How do they look to you?
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification PXL_20240223_231109481~2
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Modification PXL_20240223_231126246~2
Sponsored