Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Corey Oates signature model For all you Australian Rugby footballers...

2 door only please

1658876657740.png
Sad emoji for any reference to League

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would it have a US VIN in that case?
Because it's built in a US factory and still has to meet regulations here in case it wasn't exclusively exported, and possibly even if it was.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Because it's built in a US factory and still has to meet regulations here in case it wasn't exclusively exported, and possibly even if it was.
So here’s my take: I think it would be great for the Aussies if they built a right hand version, if they built one for export to the UK and Australia, it would bot be two door only.

This same observation goes for the”maybe it’s electric or hybrid” thoughts. 4xE is four door only for a reason.

OATES is some special edition based off an existing two door platform meant for the largest market of two door buyers - the US.

Last edited:

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm very interested to find out what this OATES special edition is. Hopefully Ford will reveal the OATES and Heritage Edition this week on the broncos birthday. I don't expect it to be a hybrid.

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Maybe it's the return of the Warthog name. Not a raptor but a Warthog to differentiate itself from the 4 door. And I agree it will be a high performance version. Will it be a 3.0 or a Ford Performance tuned 2.3 or 2.7?

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my guess because I have done a lot of trademarks

its actually not the name of the vehicle

its probably an acronym with a variation of the following:

On Application Trademark Exam Status

Official Application Trademark Exam Status

There is no trademark currently for something called “Oates” for Ford Motor Company

there are two ways to get a trademark:

a name you are currently using in commerce

or

a name you will be using in commerce

However, Warthog has been approved for a principle register with the USPTO as long as Ford simply makes the name public in an ad or announcement. They have asked for 2 extensions for the “Statement of Use” and both have been approved. More than likely with the delays in Bronco manufacturing they have not been able to get to a place where they can release the name for this Bronco variation.. They have 6 months for their extension request which would make it expire sometime this August. i think they can do one more extension, after that they would lose the trademark.

I don’t think Ford would continue to request an extension on a name if they weren’t going to use it. Warthog doesn‘t really fit the Maverick or F150 or something plug in electric. A 2 door Bronco makes sense. And because this is for a 2023 which is fast approaching - - “OATES” as far getting a trademark would be more than a year out If the applied for it today!

Ford Bronco 2023 Ford Bronco VIN decoder. Reveals "Bronco Oates" mystery model 47DFABB3-396E-4919-A30D-96D44F442CBF

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is no trademark currently for something called “Oates” for Ford Motor Company

or

However, Warthog has been approved for a principle register with the USPTO as long as Ford simply makes the name public in an ad or announcement. They have asked for 2 extensions for the “Statement of Use” and both have been approved. More than likely with the delays in Bronco manufacturing they have not been able to get to a place where they can release the name for this Bronco variation.. They have 6 months for their extension request which would make it expire sometime this August. i think they can do one more extension, after that they would lose the trademark.

I don’t think Ford would continue to request an extension on a name if they weren’t going to use it. Warthog doesn‘t really fit the Maverick or F150 or something plug in electric. A 2 door Bronco makes sense. And because this is for a 2023 which is fast approaching - - “OATES” as far getting a trademark would be more than a year out If the applied for it today!

Ford Bronco 2023 Ford Bronco VIN decoder. Reveals "Bronco Oates" mystery model 47DFABB3-396E-4919-A30D-96D44F442CBF
Do they have a request they are extending for Yellowstone?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

or

I like the thought! Make it a plug in 2 door warthog? Im in!!!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At least we know there will be a new model of the awesome 2dr! Making the Braptor 4dr only was a stupid idea approved by Ford's anti -liability attys for folks with poor driving skills or weak knees.

I hope they call it the Warthog! Please Ford just do this.

The name sounds so much tougher (and American) than the soy-boy-toy names they put on most
automotive crap.

A tough, mean looking, bad-ass, powerful Bronco should have a name that reminds us of those qualities. Not some weak sounding non-offensive, generic, PG rated , emaciated, gender confused crap name.

Hopefully it's an E-85 flex fuel version that eats "Oats" instead of drinking dino juice.
Rollin Oats instead of rollin Coal.

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe….
Overland Advanced Trailer Enabled System

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this thread is the main discussion/speculation on the Oates Edition, I'll just leave this here for someone to decipher. Now that the Heritage Edition has been revealed, Paul Wraith has now turned his focus on teasing the Oates Edition. If you don't know who Paul Wraith is, then you need to brush up on your Bronco history. In one of his teaser posts, he posts a sign that I'm not sure what to decipher from it. Maybe someone can figure out the puzzle. Anyway, without further ado...
Sponsored