First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad Bronco got Jeep back on their toes.

If I were a car manufacturer, I’d keep an eye on the aftermarket and integrate those improvements/add ons as packages from factory. Why did it take Bronco to inspire Jeep? Laziness. Just like Jeep added a tire/wheels/suspension/gearing package available to low wrangler trims.
Sponsored

Last edited:

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the Bronco making Jeep better through competition. Awesome.
Yes, yes, and yes.

I think I still go MGV over a leather option now if they could have just sealed the damn rear seat backs somehow I would have zero complaints.
I keep forgetting about the crap seat backs, I have had Mabett rubber covers since they came out. Don't know why they didn't at least make them in hard plastic.
Try these, there are hard and have velcro over the entire area, not just strips.

Amazon.com: CARESA Rear Back Seat Cover Backrest Protector for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 4 Door with Velcro Split Dog Seat Liner Back Seat Cover with Folding Lip : Automotive

I don't even notice the carpet, out of sight, out of mind.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad Bronco got Jeep back on their toes.

If I were a car manufacturer, I’d keep an eye on the aftermarket and integrate those improvements/add ons as packages from factory. Why did it take Bronco to inspire Jeep? Laziness. Just like Jeep added a tire/wheels/suspension/gearing package to low wrangler trims.
Why make your product cost more money to produce when you don't have to? Have you seen the latest sales figures? Bronco is really eating into the wrangler numbers.

Free market competition is awesome.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way back before the 'aughts when I bought my 'vette it was an $895 upcharge for the MANUAL . . . and they were in short supply! :rolleyes:
I'd have paid it too. Could you imagine an automatic Corvette? :sick:

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually,
Seats: $995
Flooring: $1695
Fine print: not available on 4xe, 392 or any 2-doors

The apples to apples value in the BL over the Rubicon just got significantly greater

But, but its branded as "Heavy-Duty"
Ford Product mgr’s are excited about this new development…now they can raise the price on the Bronco’s that compete with the jeeps (sport & rubicon 4 dr’s)

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Proof that competition is a good thing. Also, why the hell did it take this long?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, for a grand! Also seems like they manage to *still* have carpet present for some reason just like Ford does.
Actually,
Seats: $995
Flooring: $1695
Fine print: not available on 4xe, 392 or any 2-doors

The apples to apples value in the BL over the Rubicon just got significantly greater

But, but its branded as "Heavy-Duty"
A lot of obvious cons, but at least they're offering it ala carte, even if it's excluded on some of the best trims. And the cost isn't terrible. Aftermarket is $600+tax so you're essentially paying less than $400 to have it done right away (I'd personally still go aftermarket because I'm thrifty)

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why did it take Bronco to inspire Jeep? Laziness.
No, not laziness. It was because there was literally no competition for decades. Why spend more money when you already have the market cornered and sales are high?

Introducing the bronco into the market is excellent for Ford/bronco lovers and excellent for jeep lovers.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I still go MGV over a leather option now if they could have just sealed the damn rear seat backs somehow I would have zero complaints.
I love my MGV. Wait til you jump in this summer and go on a long drive in that GA heat and humidity. The MGV does not breathe AT ALL. I have to figure out something to put on them for those situations. Six hour drive to SC from VA was getting a little sweaty... everywhere.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my MGV. Wait til you jump in this summer and go on a long drive in that GA heat and humidity. The MGV does not breathe AT ALL. I have to figure out something to put on them for those situations. Six hour drive to SC from VA was getting a little sweaty... everywhere.
Oh I have painful memories of our boat as a child. I will probably be getting some of those lovely bead seat covers to provide some distance from my ass and fiery hell.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Charge more for something that costs less. I mean it's one way of doing business.
Works for Porsche where the "lightweight" option REMOVES like 20 things, changes out the seats and costs $6,000 more... without leather dash, A/C, radio or even door handles!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I live that neck of the woods when I was a kid. Vinyl seats and no AC in the car. People are way too soft these days.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Introducing the bronco into the market is excellent for Ford/bronco lovers and excellent for jeep lovers.
So far I haven't seen Jeep do anything that would make me want to go back.
The 392 was an obvious grasp for attention, but since it was only available in the 4dr, it was a meaningless gesture to me.
Nothing has fundamentally changed for Jeep beyond losing some of their market, but I'm hopeful that they'll do something significant sooner or later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.