Sponsored

2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 EV Dune Buggy Reboot - Topless Alternative - Who's In?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those of you who fondly remember the Meyers Manx dune buggy and even entertained the idea of building your own kit car once upon a time, the Meyers Manx company, now under new ownership, is introducing the 2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 Electric model. The public debut and opening for reservations will be on Aug 19th.

Meyers Manx 2.0 Electric Brings Iconic Dune Buggy into Modern Age

2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 Electric: The Original Dune Buggy, Remastered

Meyers Manx 2.0 Electric Is Spiritual and Physical Successor to Original 'Dune Buggy'

Meyers Manx is Back as a Cool as Heck EV

Iconic Meyers Manx rebooted as electric dune buggy

Meyers Manx company website
Meyers Manx still sells parts for its original VW-based vehicles and is working on a new fiberglass body kit to build new ones with.
Ford Bronco 2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 EV Dune Buggy Reboot - Topless Alternative - Who's In? lectric-102-1660058497.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.752xh;0,0

Ford Bronco 2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 EV Dune Buggy Reboot - Topless Alternative - Who's In? meyers-manx-20-electric-101-1660058508

Ford Bronco 2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 EV Dune Buggy Reboot - Topless Alternative - Who's In? meyers-manx-20-electric-106-1660058506

For those to young to remember, here is the original in action.

Sponsored

Last edited:

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks rad but EV is dumb, sorry. Designed to be off grid yet dependent on the grid. Throw in an OG air cooled 4-cylinder or something small and lightweight, NOW were talking.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like finding out that chick ya noticed used to be a guy

hell to the no! They need to atop reviving good companies and ruining them by turning them into rolling crematorium’s
In the articles I posted you will see they continue to run the Meyers Manx company following Bruce's death. They have plans to come out with a new fiberglass kit as well so you can still build your own ICE model if you prefer. When I was looking at building my own VW based model in 2010 I spoke with Winnie Meyers about parts and kits, great people.
Sarofim acquired Meyers Manx from Bruce and Winnie Meyers shortly before Bruce Meyers died at age 94 in 2021, and now the duo, according to Freeman, want to "carry his legacy into the future."
Meyers Manx still sells parts for its original VW-based vehicles and is working on a new fiberglass body kit to build new ones with.

Last edited:

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw this yesterday and while I’m not a fan of EV’s for what it is, it’s pretty cool. The Manx has always been quirky and then there’s the unmistakable sound of VW engine with a stinger but what a fun ride this would be around town especially since the stock VW had around 60hp-75hp and the EV version has over 200hp. With weight being about the same, hold on tight.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hard to believe from the pictures shown that it will meet DOT and NHTSA requirements and be road legal. If it can get 300 miles out of a 40KWh battery with those off road tires I'll eat my hat.

But it does look cool even if it ends up being a UTV instead of an automobile. Sort of like the Mahindra Roxor.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the articles I posted you will see they continue to run the Meyers Manx company following Bruce's death. They have plans to come out with a new fiberglass kit as well so you can still build your own ICE model if you prefer. When I was looking at building my own VW based model in 2010 I spoke with Winnie Meyers about parts and kits, great people.
They still got real engine options huh? Perfect

again, who’d wanna ev?
Ford Bronco 2024 Meyers Manx 2.0 EV Dune Buggy Reboot - Topless Alternative - Who's In? A6947D30-384D-4651-99D8-A7345C5A2761
I

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“and in ten years when the battery pack is spent, and they no longer MAKE that battery pack (or if you can get one it will cost you 10k) , you can turn it into birdbath for your yard”

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

“and in ten years when the battery pack is spent, and they no longer MAKE that battery pack (or if you can get one it will cost you 10k) , you can turn it into birdbath for your yard”
Meyers Manx dune buggies have not been a growth industry since the 1970's. I get that EV may not be for you, but if you owned the Meyers Manx company what would you have done at Bruce's death, let the company die or reboot it into the 2020's?

When I called them in 2010 they no longer even made the fiberglass bodies and referred me to a couple of guys who made the one at a time for paid orders only.

If you still want to build your own, find an old VW as the normal starter, get out the cutting torch and start ordering parts from one of many companies that still sell them. Or skip the old VW and just buy all reproduction parts from the frame up.

VW dune buggy kits parts

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't get your attitude on it. Should we also go back to mechanical ignition, carburetors, and leaded gas?
No, but the only reason “The Future is Electric “ is because of Govt

From the Link: Go back just three or so years and almost no one was building electric cars in numbers except Tesla. Now practically every major car company is building them – and thus there is a much increased demand for that which is in limited supply. But – unlike oil – the supply of the materials that are necessary to make electric car batteries cannot be easily increased because there’s not nearly enough of the needed materials available to keep up with demand.
-
Electric cars – and electric batteries – have been given every artificial advantage that government action can confer. There are massive subsides artificially – and temporarily– decreasing the actual cost of electric cars, which are expensive cars almost entirely because of their expensive batteries.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, but the only reason “The Future is Electric “ is because of Govt

From the Link: Go back just three or so years and almost no one was building electric cars in numbers except Tesla. Now practically every major car company is building them – and thus there is a much increased demand for that which is in limited supply. But – unlike oil – the supply of the materials that are necessary to make electric car batteries cannot be easily increased because there’s not nearly enough of the needed materials available to keep up with demand.
-
Electric cars – and electric batteries – have been given every artificial advantage that government action can confer. There are massive subsides artificially – and temporarily– decreasing the actual cost of electric cars, which are expensive cars almost entirely because of their expensive batteries.
Great, that is one point, what about my question from an above post?
Meyers Manx dune buggies have not been a growth industry since the 1970's. I get that EV may not be for you, but if you owned the Meyers Manx company what would you have done at Bruce's death, let the company die or reboot it into the 2020's?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, that is one point, what about my question from an above post?
I think the government needs to get outta the way and let the free market dictate where things go, period

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the government needs to get outta the way and let the free market dictate where things go, period
And that is exactly what Meyers Manx is doing with their reboot, thank you, you made the case.

The market already spoke on new build ICE dune buggies, how many have you seen in the last year or last decade?

I get your distaste, I still remember my 32 Ford and 38 Chevy restomods, including their mechanical ignition, carburetors, and leaded gas, never the less, times move on, not many of those around anymore either. If you think it is better for companies to die instead of evolving, that does not make such a great business plan.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you who fondly remember the Meyers Manx dune buggy and even entertained the idea of building your own kit car once upon a time ...
Built one in highschool with my grandpa. It was fun, but didn't get used a lot. Another one of those vehicles I had once upon a time and wish never got sold.
Sponsored