Sponsored

⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof!

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is suppose to be a EV, not a hybrid.
An EV with a range extender is still an EV, the REX is just insurance. It's 100% a stopgap until BEVs get even more range in challenging conditions, but if I'm taking an EV into the woods in 2022 it's the way I would do it.
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

And you STILL lose the mirrors when you take the doors off

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof! 1662755520309

$35 mirrors that mount on the door hinges seems like an easy fix to me. I don't own a jeep, but I've seen these around town, now that I'm looking for them.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No thanks on the plug-in electric gimmick.

hydrogen starting to take off and don’t have to worry about the grid going down like it is in California now.

https://www.engadget.com/bmw-toyota-hydrogen-fuel-cell-car-release-date-192536514.html
What are you talking about the grid going down in California? I live here and we haven't had one blackout over this 8 plus days of 100 degree heat, or anywhere near where I live. We all did what the electric company asked of us as well as we could, and while we still used the most power in history a couple of days (record setting heat), we didn't lose power any where near me.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’s pretty neat.

My opinion though it doesn’t compete with Bronco but the Bronco Sport.

Doesn’t resemble a Bronco in anyway and though I think it’s neat, it definitely isn’t for me.

I’m sure it will be an absolute smash hit for Jeep and Stelantis (is the the parent company?)

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are you talking about the grid going down in California? I live here and we haven't had one blackout over this 8 plus days of 100 degree heat, or anywhere near where I live. We all did what the electric company asked of us as well as we could, and while we still used the most power in history a couple of days (record setting heat), we didn't lose power any where near me.
There were rolling blackouts. People had to avoid charging their EVs for a week. Major capacity issues in the year 2023 are possible but most likely in 2024.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There were rolling blackouts. People had to avoid charging their EVs for a week. Major capacity issues in the year 2023 are possible but most likely in 2024.
Your in Florida, I live in California in SoCal, no rolling black outs this summer at all where I live. My boss said the same today when I asked him; his family has two EVs. It's a big state and something may have happened somewhere and then was miss reported as the whole state. But nothing this summer and we just had record breaking heat, Newport Beach on the ocean hit an all time high of 97; no rolling black here though.

I seen a couple "film at eleven" news reports and then some sensationalism story about the threat of, but none happening here.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your in Florida, I live in California in SoCal, no rolling black outs this summer at all where I live. My boss said the same today when I asked him; his family has two EVs. It's a big state and something may have happened somewhere and then was miss reported as the whole state. But nothing this summer and we just had record breaking heat, Newport Beach on the ocean hit an all time high of 97; no rolling black here though.

I seen a couple "film at eleven" news reports and then some sensationalism story about the threat of, but none happening here.
+1. I moved to the Colorado front range in part to get away from the miserable Chicago weather. (Or as I call the upper mid-west, the "weather armpit" of the country, lol.)

But regardless of the reality, my friends/relatives back in Chicago were convinced Colorado had to be colder with more snow. Probably because they associated Colorado with skiing and our one big snow a year making national news in terms of sensationalism.

Nothing I could say in terms of the reality would dissuade them. I'd be outside in February on a sunny 50F day, with my relatives freezing their *sses off back in Chicago, and it did not register with them. From that I learned people living in other states, can get hooked on weird ideas about states they've never lived in.
Sponsored