Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question, where do you think Toyota will price/position the 4Runner? With the new Landcruiser dropping down a segment, will they have to drop the 4Runner down too? Like no more $60K limited or TRDPro models? So less lux and 4x4 tech. Or is there room for them to be similar to what they have been for 25 years?
You should not expect to actually buy one for under $60K as the FOMO crowd and the Toyota cultists duke it out to see who can pay the most like people liming up to buy iPhones when they add a "new" feature that Androids had five years ago.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OMG OMG OMG if you zoom in by the glare over the right taillight, you can tell the new paint finish has a smaller gauge reflective particle embedded in the paint. This is likely the PPG nano particle weā€™ve been hearing so much about since the APFNA conference in 2021.

And if you zoom back out, look at the contour of that glare. You can see a clear homage to the 1967 Bronco in the curvature.

I do, however think Ford made a catastrophic mistake in not squaring off the fenders like Broncos of yore. And the tires? Donā€™t even get me started.
You missed a few, from March 2020...

Ford Bronco 2025 4Runner (6th Gen) Official Teasers! [Updated with 2nd Teaser: Roll Down Rear Window] ezza67ts4jgkqiqktdsk

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You missed a few, from March 2020...

ezza67ts4jgkqiqktdsk.png
Missed? Give me about 72 more hours. Iā€™m writing an extensive breakdown of the big reveal that you can read on my Substack when Iā€™m done. Subscribers only. But the free portion still has some incredible Easter eggs Iā€™ve found ā€” you wonā€™t want to miss them.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying that people here are biased in favor of Broncos?!?
Actually I donā€™t think everyone is. I think itā€™s safe to say a lot are though.

I used to be super brand loyal years ago, but now have branched out to whatever I think is a good fit for me. Iā€™ve never owned a Ford, until I purchased my Bronco - And I love it!

I enjoy reading about the competition though, especially things that are really exciting for the off-road world. Iā€™d say this 4Runner fits that bill.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Actually I donā€™t think everyone is. I think itā€™s safe to say a lot are though.

I used to be super brand loyal years ago, but now have branched out to whatever I think is a good fit for me. Iā€™ve never owned a Ford, until I purchased my Bronco - And I love it!

I enjoy reading about the competition though, especially things that are really exciting for the off-road world. Iā€™d say this 4Runner fits that bill.
New Nissan Xterra Being ā€œVery Actively Consideredā€

Nissan Wants In On The Off-Road Game With A New Xterra

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Buddy,

I would love a new 4Runner if they do it right. It has a place and it's not a direct competitor with respect to the goals of functionality with the exception of hauling around a bunch of meatbags.

They both should be capable off-road and they both should allow modifications to be more capable.

The 4Runner is going to be quieter and likely have a higher SAE tow rating and roof rack capacity. That's for a number of reasons, but mostly because it's not a Bronco. It's roof is fixed and overall longer like a station wagon.

I would totally rock one if I had the extra space in a 20 car garage, but I don't. Between the two, I choose the Bronco all day everyday, because that's how I want to use a vehicle.

If the 4Runner comes with a 5.0 Coyote, though.... šŸ˜‚

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read somewhere that the Trailhunter trim will be coming to the new 4Runner, that would be some serious competition.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious where this will sit now that the Land Cruiser in the US is the Prado.
Iā€™m just hoping the three row seating isnā€™t limited to the non-TRD models. New LC can even have three row in other markets but the hybrid battery lives there in the US spec.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To save you the click it's a picture of a small section of the tailgate.

So if you are like me and was thinking it was a teaser video that at least showed the overall silhouette of the 4Runner... it's not.

Ford Bronco 2025 4Runner (6th Gen) Official Teasers! [Updated with 2nd Teaser: Roll Down Rear Window] 5fojiylz4nsu1cdcux4v4qm&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w
Sorry but thatā€™s one ugly vehicle.
Sponsored