First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. no the quote is quite stunning. I'd be thrilled with $250...$500...$750...no, its a LOT of work apparently.
I was going to say it will be like 2500- 3K damage. Body work is so expensive. I had my 2023 VW GTI someone side swipe me. Got me just in the front fender and the wheel had to be refinished. The fender was like $150, not bad but with all of the painting, remove and install of the fender and refinishing the wheel was a whopping $2800.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ouch. Mistakes happen, at least it's fixable. My first thought was PDR. I know someone that does it, and the stuff he has fixed is impressive. Obv some paint is damaged but It wouldn't hurt to get their thoughts on the area.

When I was a kid my Mom had a AMC Spirit. While parking on the side of the road she opened her door with a car coming from behind her and blasted her door folding it completely forward. To this day she blames the driver that hit her door for driving to close too her because she only had her door cracked a little.
My husband was getting out of my car (my old Subaru Outback wagon) and opened the door, a biker flying down the side walk from behind us, crashed right into it.. They went flying into the bushes & their front wheel was completely bent to shit. Their friend was even yelling at them for riding on the skinny walking sidewalk and not the street. I was glad noone got hurt but but also fortunate the little body panel addon took the brunt of the damage, not the door itself. I was able to repair it then reinstall it without any signs of damage.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was backing out of a driveway while looking at the oncoming traffic...must not have closed the driver's side door all the way bc as i backed up
the door swung open and it got caught on an electric gate pulling the door in the wrong direction. Is this a "run to Ford" issue? I've just gone ahead and called my body shop bc I've just called my body shop.

the door is stuck - won't open bc the hinges seem to be damaged/bent?

Does anyone have any MacGyver ways of fixing it or getting to the door bolts etc somehow from outside the door? If i try and open the door it comes into contact w the front left fender .. Don't want that to get messed up, but i think in order to get the door 'unstuck'...we'll have to cause a little damage.

i was going to post in the 'what did you do w your bronco today" but was too mad at myself. so frustrated...

IMG_0133.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg
My recommendation would be to slip a thin piece of aluminum or steel in the space between the door and fender and then use it to guide the door behind the fender as you open the door. That should minimize any further damage and alllow you to open the door. You can get small pieces of sheet metal at your local hardware store.
Good luck. I wouldnā€™t beat yourself up too bad. Remember: shit happens. šŸ˜

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try a local paintless dent repair. They might be able to pull the dent out or enough so you can get tbe door open. If you cant do that than remove the fender since the fenders are modular and get at it that way.
thx! they tried to pull the dent out...no go. I tried to get the fender off, but the next step was to remove the doors to get at that internal bolt...couldn't get the fender off since i cant get the door open, let alone off.

do you know how i can get the fender off without removing the door?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recommendation would be to slip a thin piece of aluminum or steel in the space between the door and fender and then use it to guide the door behind the fender as you open the door. That should minimize any further damage and alllow you to open the door. You can get small pieces of sheet metal at your local hardware store.
Good luck. I wouldnā€™t beat yourself up too bad. Remember: shit happens. šŸ˜
that may work...i may cause more damage w a piece of steel haha but i will def look into it. Yeah, im not too bad...just annoyed lol. But shit does happen!

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey. Since you have to fix the door anyway. You could slightly hammer the edge of the door in, at the point where it contacts the fender, so it will clear the fender. Better to ad a little more damage to the door then the fender.
totally get this! def a good idea...i'd like the fender to have as little damage as possible since th door is already f@%*ed.

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was a kid my Mom had a AMC Spirit. While parking on the side of the road she opened her door with a car coming from behind her and blasted her door folding it completely forward. To this day she blames the driver that hit her door for driving to close too her because she only had her door cracked a little.
oh man. that's awful! pretty much the same thing that happened except im sure it scared her to death! ugh....i'll def be blaming myself and the electric gate...forever. haha

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hahaha 'fat guy in a littleee coat, fat guy in a little coat" love him!

Yes, this is exactly what happened i was reversing and the gate came at me...lol

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hahaha 'fat guy in a littleee coat, fat guy in a little coat" love him!

Yes, this is exactly what happened i was reversing and the gate came at me...lol
Richard! What did you do?!?!

Sponsored
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. Mistakes happen, at least it's fixable. My first thought was PDR. I know someone that does it, and the stuff he has fixed is impressive. Obv some paint is damaged but It wouldn't hurt to get their thoughts on the area.

My husband was getting out of my car (my old Subaru Outback wagon) and opened the door, a biker flying down the side walk from behind us, crashed right into it.. They went flying into the bushes & their front wheel was completely bent to shit. Their friend was even yelling at them for riding on the skinny walking sidewalk and not the street. I was glad noone got hurt but but also fortunate the little body panel addon took the brunt of the damage, not the door itself. I was able to repair it then reinstall it without any signs of damage.
man i wish it was only a little panel...the door is such a job. BUT all in all that's much more terrifying than my story! Thank god no one was hurt!

and yes, totally fixable (yet totally annoying! haha)

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For $2700 I would try to find a replacement at a yard. If I had to I would find a way to cut the damaged door open from the outside to get access and remove. Thereā€™s not much to them. Either way, good luck and sorry this happened.
ugh. that's not a bad idea. i agree...$2700 seems insane for what im looking at. I have tried to find a replacement - no go so far...

I even contemplated just ordering a new door myself w the part numbers...i think the outer shell is only $650 something like that. But they said if i purchased a new door i still have to have the door, fender, back door blended to match bc it will always stick out a bit. Also apparently our doors come in a MILLION parts....but if i only needed the shell. hmmm

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

yes! Thatā€™s the first thing I tried to do. But when youā€™re moving the fender, thereā€™s this one part where they tell you to remove the doors to get an inner bolt and it seems I couldnā€™t get past that part. Do you know differently? Is there a way to take the fender off without having the doors off because that would be great I couldnā€™t find any info

If I can get the fender off without removing the door, I can totally get that damn door off and just go doorless for a bit
Ugh, didn't realize that you needed to remove the door to remove the fender.
I would bend in the door skin so it doesn't interfere with the fender, since you are going to need to fix it replace it anyway. I had to do that with my wife's Subaru Ascent once when she was in a similar situation.

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, super annoying. For now I put those little strips that protect the door (haha funny) that come w the bronco toolkit. Itā€™s keeping any interference w the fender soft and minimal for now. Weā€™ll see what happens
Sponsored