First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yikes, may not look like much but probably will be major body work. Just to get a couple of minor door dings removed from my daily driver recently I paid $250.00.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised that no one else has suggested this, but the fenders are removable, so just unbolt the fender and you should be able to open the door.
yes! That’s the first thing I tried to do. But when you’re moving the fender, there’s this one part where they tell you to remove the doors to get an inner bolt and it seems I couldn’t get past that part. Do you know differently? Is there a way to take the fender off without having the doors off because that would be great I couldn’t find any info

If I can get the fender off without removing the door, I can totally get that damn door off and just go doorless for a bit

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks. Crazy thing is though I literally just had one of my techs with his dually pull out of a spot while my delivery driver was opening the door at the same time on one of our loaners. $3900 bucks. Better than I thought it would be but nothing cheap about that. Hope yours turns out for the best!

150 Door.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes, may not look like much but probably will be major body work. Just to get a couple of minor door dings removed from my daily driver recently I paid $250.00.
Yeah. no the quote is quite stunning. I'd be thrilled with $250...$500...$750...no, its a LOT of work apparently.

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look on the bright side… It could have been worse and white is the easiest color to paint match.

IMG_6175.gif

IMG_6176.gif
Haha! thanks! yeah, it's ok! wasn't worse so i'll totally take it!
I laugh to keep from crying. I almost had a guy in a parking lot take my door off a few weeks ago. I am hyper sensitive to my doors right now. #PTSD
RIGHT! i am too...haha. Def looking on that bright old side...it still sucks haha. Especially when i have to jump in and out! lol

OP
OP
sKewP77

sKewP77

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks. Crazy thing is though I literally just had one of my techs with his dually pull out of a spot while my delivery driver was opening the door at the same time on one of our loaners. $3900 bucks. Better than I thought it would be but nothing cheap about that. Hope yours turns out for the best!

Ford Bronco 21 Bronco - Driver's side door crunched by an electric fence! F*&!% IMG_6176

oh man! i'm so sorry! yeah looks totally familiar! lol it's about $2700 to fix it all...

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I was a kid my Mom had a AMC Spirit. While parking on the side of the road she opened her door with a car coming from behind her and blasted her door folding it completely forward. To this day she blames the driver that hit her door for driving to close too her because she only had her door cracked a little.

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For $2700 I would try to find a replacement at a yard. If I had to I would find a way to cut the damaged door open from the outside to get access and remove. There’s not much to them. Either way, good luck and sorry this happened.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

was backing out of a driveway while looking at the oncoming traffic...must not have closed the driver's side door all the way bc as i backed up
the door swung open and it got caught on an electric gate pulling the door in the wrong direction. Is this a "run to Ford" issue? I've just gone ahead and called my body shop bc I've just called my body shop.

the door is stuck - won't open bc the hinges seem to be damaged/bent?

Does anyone have any MacGyver ways of fixing it or getting to the door bolts etc somehow from outside the door? If i try and open the door it comes into contact w the front left fender .. Don't want that to get messed up, but i think in order to get the door 'unstuck'...we'll have to cause a little damage.

i was going to post in the 'what did you do w your bronco today" but was too mad at myself. so frustrated...

Ford Bronco 21 Bronco - Driver's side door crunched by an electric fence! F*&!% 1000017573

Ford Bronco 21 Bronco - Driver's side door crunched by an electric fence! F*&!% 1000017573

Hey. Since you have to fix the door anyway. You could slightly hammer the edge of the door in, at the point where it contacts the fender, so it will clear the fender. Better to ad a little more damage to the door then the fender.

Spiniker

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
was backing out of a driveway while looking at the oncoming traffic...must not have closed the driver's side door all the way bc as i backed up
the door swung open and it got caught on an electric gate pulling the door in the wrong direction. Is this a "run to Ford" issue? I've just gone ahead and called my body shop bc I've just called my body shop.

the door is stuck - won't open bc the hinges seem to be damaged/bent?

Does anyone have any MacGyver ways of fixing it or getting to the door bolts etc somehow from outside the door? If i try and open the door it comes into contact w the front left fender .. Don't want that to get messed up, but i think in order to get the door 'unstuck'...we'll have to cause a little damage.

i was going to post in the 'what did you do w your bronco today" but was too mad at myself. so frustrated...

Try a local paintless dent repair. They might be able to pull the dent out or enough so you can get tbe door open. If you cant do that than remove the fender since the fenders are modular and get at it that way.
Sponsored