Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve done a handful of lifts over the years, but I didn’t want to mess with the perch collar lift on the new bronco, mostly because I don’t have spring compress equipment (and don’t want to rent). The only shop I could find local, quoted 6-8hrs @$200/hr! Seems excessive to me, just want to check around on others experience. I’m in Northern California if anyone has some shop suggestions!
Sponsored

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a non professional mechanic, it took me 8 hours…. There were some friends who showed up to distract, I mean help and possibly some libations mixed in. I think that quote is steep. Try another shop, or do it yourself. The harbor freight spring compressor, buy two $35 kits and use three compressors on each spring. Recommended by another member, I did and it worked great.

D35498C5-339C-446F-B01C-2AE8C06436A5.jpeg

4lo Mar

Outer Banks
First Name
Remar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Long Travel Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where in Northern California? In Sacramento you can try stellarbuilt or califab.

but if you’ve done lifts before you could just buy a 60$ spring compressor and do it. save a ton of money.

i have this one and use it regularly to adjust my king shocks for my long travel Tacoma:
Shankly Spring Compressor Tool - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra-Rugged Coil Spring Compressor Tool or Strut Spring Compressor Strong and Durable ATV Spring Compressor Tool https://a.co/d/5H07weg

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in SoCal and have multiple bids to do similar work for under $900. Cheapest was $600, most expensive was $1100, and a couple around the $700-$900 range. The most expensive place was a "tire shop" that does strut/shock replacement work regularly, but not a dedicated 4x4 shop. I'm going with a high end dedicated 4x4 shop that's been in business for a long time with great customer reviews for around $700.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you just trying to lift the front end so it matches the rear on the stock set up?

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I exploring perch collar lifts before , $600-$900 in SoCal seemed to be the range. It’s about 5-6 hrs of work by a pro so it comes down to the shop rate.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a non professional mechanic, it took me 8 hours…. There were some friends who showed up to distract, I mean help and possibly some libations mixed in. I think that quote is steep. Try another shop, or do it yourself. The harbor freight spring compressor, buy two $35 kits and use three compressors on each spring. Recommended by another member, I did and it worked great.

Ford Bronco 23 Wildtrak RPG perch collar quoting 6-8hrs D35498C5-339C-446F-B01C-2AE8C06436A5
+1 on the DIY approach. HF is a good option. Or over the years I've borrowed various spring compressors for free. AutoZone use to loan out tools for free, maybe still do?.

The compressors were easy to use with reasonable care. I'm surprised to read in various threads, the alarmist postings about compressors. It wasn't a big deal using them.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in SoCal and have multiple bids to do similar work for under $900. Cheapest was $600, most expensive was $1100, and a couple around the $700-$900 range. The most expensive place was a "tire shop" that does strut/shock replacement work regularly, but not a dedicated 4x4 shop. I'm going with a high end dedicated 4x4 shop that's been in business for a long time with great customer reviews for around $700.
That's not a bad price. What shop is that?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

+1 on the DIY approach. HF is a good option. Or over the years I've borrowed various spring compressors for free. AutoZone use to loan out tools for free, maybe still do?.

The compressors were easy to use with reasonable care. I'm surprised to read in various threads, the alarmist postings about compressors. It wasn't a big deal using them.

It's a CYA thing. People can be quite dumb when it comes to using those. If it comes apart with you working on it, it can get ugly, fast. Like winching with a cable and not putting a damper (shirt, coat, blanket, etc) on the line. 9 times out of 10 nothing will happen but the one time it does, it could mean the end. 😁

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am an experienced shade tree mechanic, but I don't collect my paycheck from that kind of work. I've been doing this kind of work for years and I'm in my 50's. With all that being said, I would tell my best buddy I'd do the job for $50/corner AFTER they liquored me up. Anybody else and I ain't touching it for less than $125/corner.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-modified-rebuild-planned.59015/post-1709016

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya I’ll concur. Not in SoCal but I think this price is high. You should be around 5-6 hours labor. But that said I will also suggest the DIY route IF you’ve got experience with suspension work. The single best I advise I got on this forum that I wish had read first was YES you can totall go the HF compressor route BUT buy two kits (each comes with two compressors) and then you’ll use 3 compressors on each spring. I found the 2 compressor route a little too sketchy.

Good luck! Either route you’ll probably be happy with the results!

OP
OP

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya I’ll concur. Not in SoCal but I think this price is high. You should be around 5-6 hours labor. But that said I will also suggest the DIY route IF you’ve got experience with suspension work. The single best I advise I got on this forum that I wish had read first was YES you can totall go the HF compressor route BUT buy two kits (each comes with two compressors) and then you’ll use 3 compressors on each spring. I found the 2 compressor route a little too sketchy.

Good luck! Either route you’ll probably be happy with the results!
yeah, I could totally do it. I’m just at a position where I’d rather spend my time elsewhere and I can afford to throw money at this rig. That being said, I found a reputable shop somewhat close that offered a very fair rate/price. I’ll report the results next week!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yeah, I could totally do it. I’m just at a position where I’d rather spend my time elsewhere and I can afford to throw money at this rig. That being said, I found a reputable shop somewhat close that offered a very fair rate/price. I’ll report the results next week!
What size perch collars did you go with?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3 front, 2.25 rear.
Oh hell ya, planning 37s also? Make sure to show us the before and after shots, I'm looking at collars for my WT also, but want to see others results before jumping into it. 🍻
Sponsored