Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of these starting to pop up, I love seeing all the different solutions!

We still have teenagers in the house so I’m not willing to remove the seats, but as soon as they go to college the rear seats are history.

I’m still in the tinkering phase but this is what I’ve come up with so far. I wanted a simple platform that I could easily install or remove in minutes. Goal being enhanced organization and a carpeted platform for our aging dog.

I’ve got some folding / locking legs in the mail that may do the trick for support and an aluminum L bracket that I can cut up as an option. All will tie into the Builtright Molle panels.

So far I prefer option 2 with the Step22 boxes underneath.

Sponsored

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of cool options out there. Some use drawers, some access panels, some use the space to slide stuff under. Always fun to see what works. My solution is here: Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

I've got an unrelated question. Where did you get the rear molle panels? I don't wont to cover the windows but would like something to keep the interior scratch free.
Ya! I saw your platform, very well done. 👍

The molle panels are from Builtright. I bought them specifically with the idea to explore this kind of platform solution. Time will tell if it works out.
https://builtrightind.com/products/molle-compatible-cargo-panel-full-kit-ford-bronco-2dr-2021

I haven’t seen the Bronco versions but I added some “Canvasback” fabric seatback covers for my wife’s Telluride and their very well made. Could be worth a peek.
https://www.canvasback.com/ford-bronco-2-door-csp.html

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More tinkering this evening.

Folding feet arrived, they were too short. Specs listed them at 8” but we’re about 1/4 inch shy. So for now I’m going with my backup L-bracket plan.

Ford Bronco 2Door platform tinkering. CDACB64C-8DB5-40E8-ADFC-F9E387266BA6

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tinker shelf is shaping up. Ended up using three 4x4 supports, two in the back corners, one dead center between the folded seats. Used some aerosol adhesive (I can hear the colors now) to bond the carpet in place & a handful of staples. Height was spec’ed around my beloved Step22 Stingray boxes. Next step is adding a few tie down anchors for my cooler & jerry (water) cans. Also need to install my Goose Gear tailgate table that I’ve had in my garage for a year. 🤪 Access to the lower / underfloor cubby is good to go.
Ford Bronco 2Door platform tinkering. 47FB8077-0C3D-4DD7-8DED-3922DA413BE0
Ford Bronco 2Door platform tinkering. CDA88E80-0B2D-42AB-99F4-7577C707C4D9

Ford Bronco 2Door platform tinkering. FB385B3E-8012-4D6C-B9E9-4323FEBAE35A

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of curiosity,, when you have the rear seats up, how far do the builtright panels go past the seat cushion, if at all?

Is it enough that a passenger in the back (however rare that would be) would feel it when sitting back there?

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tinker shelf is shaping up. Ended up using three 4x4 supports, two in the back corners, one dead center between the folded seats. Used some aerosol adhesive (I can hear the colors now) to bond the carpet in place & a handful of staples. Height was spec’ed around my beloved Step22 Stingray boxes. Next step is adding a few tie down anchors for my cooler & jerry (water) cans. Also need to install my Goose Gear tailgate table that I’ve had in my garage for a year. 🤪 Access to the lower / underfloor cubby is good to go.
47FB8077-0C3D-4DD7-8DED-3922DA413BE0.jpeg
CDA88E80-0B2D-42AB-99F4-7577C707C4D9.jpeg

FB385B3E-8012-4D6C-B9E9-4323FEBAE35A.jpeg
This looks great and assume you can also just slide it out to use the back seats. Do you think there is enough height left for an 85 lb Golden Retriever to stand up on all fours on this platform?

czaynej

Badlands
First Name
Zayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks amazing, I was wanting to do something similar but still with the seats up just to give the back some covered storage. I love the build

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks great and assume you can also just slide it out to use the back seats. Do you think there is enough height left for an 85 lb Golden Retriever to stand up on all fours on this platform?
Thanks! It’s a work in progress. I’ll post up another vid soon.

Yes, the panel has four hex head bolts that run through the L-brackets. To remove just remove four little bolts and it all lifts out.

Yes, tons of head room for dogo, however it is a very tall jump to get into the back for our aging dog. I may have to work something out or just let her scramble over the front seat. Even then she doesn’t like to jump that high and she doesn’t like to be picked up. My 2Door Has a temporary 2” lift and 37’s so it’s tall.

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! It’s a work in progress. I’ll post up another vid soon.

Yes, the panel has four hex head bolts that run through the L-brackets. To remove just remove four little bolts and it all lifts out.

Yes, tons of head room for dogo, however it is a very tall jump to get into the back for our aging dog. I may have to work something out or just let her scramble over the front seat. Even then she doesn’t like to jump that high and she doesn’t like to be picked up. My 2Door Has a temporary 2” lift and 37’s so it’s tall.
Yeah too tall to jump especially with 37s.. was going to get some of those fold up stairs and just leave them in the back. smaller than a ramp and think that will work for my guy.

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Set up with cooler & water can tie downs. Still a WIP, but happy with it so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vid without gear, views of the support structure. Still need to alter it slightly as I failed to pull my measurements with carpet on the outside edge of the oak ply (couldn’t find Baltic birch). As a result the wood is a tiny bit squeaky against the aluminum, not bad but enough that I want to improve. Current plan is to sand down the edge slightly to create just enough room for some carpet or some kind of soft spacer between the platform and the Molle panels & L-bracket.