Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drive a 2 Door because that's what I wanted and I didn't need nor want another station wagon, carry-all or crewcab in my life but YMMV so You do you while I do me

Maybe say a Prayer of Thanks to whatever higher power or diety that you subscribe that we are still blessed to live in a Country that offers us such a Freedom of Choice and Expression.

LLPOH
Sponsored

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have posted this before, having had a CJ5, an FJ40, a Rubicon 2door and multiple Broncos, you lads with 4 doors will never know the pleasure of helping a beautifully shaped female get into the back seat of your ride...you guys are missing out.

I am fairly confident that I fell in love with my wife helping her maneuver, now 35 years later, 2 kids and 5 grandkids later, i still love to help her step up...I sold my 71 to get a Suburban... no more kids in the house means Daddy's going back to fun wagon.

Purely selfish on my part, I bought it for me not for them.

Salt

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I've had 2 4door Broncos. I'm going back to a 2door Heritage. I bought a 6G because I loved the 1st gen. By the time I was old enough to buy a new Bronco, they were gone and I was left with a 4door Explorer. No more. Kids are grown now. To each their own though, I'm so glad Ford gave us a choice.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I may have posted this before, having had a CJ5, an FJ40, a Rubicon 2door and multiple Broncos, you lads with 4 doors will never know the pleasure of helping a beautifully shaped female get into the back seat of your ride...you guys are missing out.

I am fairly confident that I fell in love with my wife helping her maneuver, now 35 years later, 2 kids and 5 grandkids later, i still love to help her step up...I sold my 71 to get a Suburban... no more kids in the house means Daddy's going back to fun wagon.

Salt
My first vehicle was a 78 CJ-5, since then a 78 K5, and a TJ (still have the last two)
I’ve had convertible 2 door 4x’s since the 90’s been there done that and still do but the broncos a daily/adventure wagon and I love the room of the 4 door. Day trip or weekend… just me or the family. The Jeeps great for day trips but I’m not packing 3 days of trail supplies in it for 4 people or for just me when I do a week camping during antelope season. To each its own. Cheers and enjoy.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from 4 door Tahoes the last 20 years to the 2 door Bronco, and have never looked back. It is a pain getting stuff into, and out of the back seat, and storage is tighter, but I do not care.

2door looks better (my opinion), and it's what I wanted.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
By the way, there is nearly a 1000lb difference between the lightest and heaviest equipped Broncos. Along with wheelbase that's also going to have an impact on the driving experience.
One of the main reasons we love our 2 door Base Sasquatch with 2.7- it has so much power and really moves, effortless to drive with very good gas mileage for what it is. I specifically choose the smallest and lightest Bronco with the biggest engine for this very reason. Also we have a tiny garage and the 2 door fits with gobs of room. It's just my wife and me now so the 2 door works. it does have a back seat for when the grand kids do come but that's not that often. And for trips it easily hauls all of our gear with the back seat folded down.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally don't understand the 2 door mentality. If you'll never have kids, friends, dogs, go hunting, camping, etc. ok maybe it makes sense, until you go to sell it to someone just like you! lol
I hunt, fish, and camp out of my two door, my two 75lb dogs have plenty of room with the seats laid down, I don't like enough people to have back seats in it, and kids....yuck.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Salt
You just a dirty old man, Salty!! Just love it!

Can tell by your tone that you and the wife still engage in some wrasslin! :ROFLMAO:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 Door:
Vintage, looks cool
More nimble
2 less doors to remove and store

4 Door:
Larger fuel tank, about 4 gallons & 70 miles more range
Can sleep in it
More space, storage
Easier access
Soft top with hard top prep (my preferred top for my area)
Lighter top
Possible sub / storage location under the back seat
Higher resale or at least more desirable
More after-market support
More planted and stable
Smoother ride quality with the longer wheelbase
“Pros” seem to be choosing the 4 door
Better suited for road trips

It's up to you.

Sponsored

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP If you have to ask the question you will want the 4dr

As a group 2dr owners are very passionate (maybe rabid) and knew exactly what they wanted despite the obvious shortcomings. For many, this is a secondary vehicle and they have other vehicles to handle other tasks. I believe many who need it as a daily driver will find it lacking, and eventually trade it in for a 4dr.

There may also be a few early adopters who switched to a 4dr initially because the line was shorter, but will opt to go back to a 2dr as supply loosens up.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you get into the backseat of the 2 dr? I have two kids 10/12.
I have a daily driven 2 door Basequatch and two kids, a 12yo and a 7yo. They're both big kids (oldest is already 5'9" with size 14 feet and the 7yo looks comically huge when he's in group settings with other kids his age) and they fit in the back seat just fine.

The difference in back seat leg room between a 4 door and a 2 door is only 0.7" and the 2 door has a lot more rear seat hip room (and actual useable cupholders! :p). It takes a little maneuvering for my 12yo to get his feet situated once he's in, but that's more of a function of sitting in the back seat of any vehicle for him. It's the same in my wife's JLU Wrangler. The 7yo has no issue getting in the back seat by himself and shutting the door once he's in.

The rear cargo space is limited if you plan on doing any extended family vacations, but that's what the wife's vehicle is for. That's rare for us, though - for day to day kid hauling, grocery getting, or taking weekend trips with just my wife and I, the cargo room in my 2 door is plenty sufficient.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I intended to order a Bronco in July 2020 I only wanted a 4 door. In February I cancelled that and bought a Shelby. Earlier this year I needed a car and wanted a bronco. I had decided that I didn't care if it was a 2 or a 4 door, and I got a loaded OBX Non-Sas Lux 2.7 w leather. Usually it's just me or me and my wife. Occasionally my 20 year old son joins us and is more than capable of climbing in the back. I had a 4 door loaner, really made me appreciate my 2 door.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those that have had or have both how much bigger inside does the 4 dr feel? Do you gain alot in the storage area?
i was ordering 2dr
ended with 4dr for 5passenger seats and cargo needs
very lucky move

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have a 2021 mustang so kids are used to climbing in the back. The wife has a bronco sport that works fine for traveling that we do. The reg. Bronco would replace my crew cab f150. I really do not haul stuff and im kinda sick of having a truck.
Sponsored