Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer just sent pic with my truck at dealer, swapped the factory tires with 33” KO2’s (nitto grapplers are all on back order), I haven’t driven it yet so can’t attest to rubbing etc, but dealer said fit no problem….

33%22 tires on big bend bronco.jpg
D52A5310-9E52-44DD-9D42-7FA193C693B4.jpeg
CA8C2F87-79C9-40B1-9EA2-211516E6486F.jpeg
A7659435-9127-43D9-84E0-C9AC2589A1C6.jpeg
F3A158F5-C1B4-4C33-816B-620CD3263BDD.jpeg
BB6A99F4-A153-44D4-80F4-CD3B52C91460.jpeg

Update on 33” inch, zero rub issue, truck drove great, very smooth ride, really surprised how smooth actually, tires are bigger than I thought, I’m 6’ and have to slide out of the truck, def will get combo rock rail slider bars of some type for wife to step down…once again two rivers Ford in Nashville was outstanding on getting me what I wanted and out the door quick, got credit for factory tires, tinted my front windows, blown away when I first saw my truck, 2.7 is quick too and I’m coming off a Ram 1500 sport with a hemi with exhaust upgrade and headers so was impressed….love the K02’s so far and drove close to 300 miles on em today thru sun and rain…..
Maybe 2” lift now.
Sponsored

FrankieTrey

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for sharing all this. As a non-gear head here… what would happen if you put 33s on the standard gearing (manual transmission here too)?

No issues at all, no rub and handles great. I do have the 4.27/locker - I can't imagine driving the 2.3L with 33's on the standard open diff gearing.
No issues at all, no rub and handles great. I do have the 4.27/locker - I can't imagine driving the 2.3L with 33's on the standard open diff gearing.

WacoBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX 460, 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 (Company)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've changed my build from Badlands to Big Bend. 7MT was my number 1 priority. Had a hard time justifying the additional cost for a weekend vehicle. I prefer the sandstone interior option on the BB. Will be swapping the tires to 285/70/17 at delivery and hopefully getting a 3/4 inch leveling. Katzkin leather with heated/cooled seats (which aren't available from ford) should make this my perfect bronco. And, we had a great trip to Big Bend last summer. Most beautiful part of Texas. The delay gave me time to see all the options and this was the best for our family. $41k vs. $57k (loaded Badlands).

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All, how is the ride quality with the 33" KO2's? Does it change much vs. stock? I'm primarily switching from a Wrangler to Bronco for the ride quality on the highway. While I love the rugged ride of the Jeep, my family will not ride in the Jeep for more than 10 minutes on the highway.

Test drive in the Bronco was fantastic, however it was back in August.

I'm not expecting a cushy ride, but an SUV quality ride for 4 to 5 hour road trips. Cannot wait to take the Bronco.

Sponsored

dvon

Big Bend
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra SLT, Porsche 912
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All, how is the ride quality with the 33" KO2's? Does it change much vs. stock? I'm primarily switching from a Wrangler to Bronco for the ride quality on the highway. While I love the rugged ride of the Jeep, my family will not ride in the Jeep for more than 10 minutes on the highway.

I'm not expecting a cushy ride, but an SUV quality ride for 4 to 5 hour road trips. Cannot wait to take the Bronco.
The change in ride is barely noticeable. The upgrade to the KO2s is completely worth it. Every time I walk up to it, I fall in love again

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The change in ride is barely noticeable. The upgrade to the KO2s is completely worth it. Every time I walk up to it, I fall in love again
Awesome. The appearance is certainly lacking with the small rims + tires. Only option is the Sasquash pack which I don't need nor want to spend $7k for. And prefer not to deal with aftermarket wheels/tires.

dvon

Big Bend
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra SLT, Porsche 912
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome. The appearance is certainly lacking with the small rims + tires. Only option is the Sasquash pack which I don't need nor want to spend $7k for. And prefer not to deal with aftermarket wheels/tires.

Just go for the KO2s and you will be happy without Sasquatch. The ATs give it a very similar, aggressive look

Broncowild1.JPG

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any concerns with running this size tire on a wheel with some negative offset? I know stock rims are like +55 but just wondering if 285/70/17s are likely to have issues on some RRW wheels with -12 offset.

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a 4door BB and the tires are a joke. I plan to upgrade them to a more aggressive. Not looking to put to much into it as I’m waiting on my BadSquatch to come in some day.

Sponsored

toodlesmalone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone foresee an issue with a Big Bend but with +30 offset rims with 295/70/17 tires? I’d rather not make any mods if I can avoid it.

toodlesmalone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put on tires my buddy gave me he took off his Rubicon when he put new 35s on it. Still have half tread. 285/70/17. Haven’t down much. But no rub or anything.

6294E81D-2443-4633-9983-97E90F0C1C18.jpeg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone foresee an issue with a Big Bend but with +30 offset rims with 295/70/17 tires? I’d rather not make any mods if I can avoid it.
I would say no issues... 295/70R17 +30 Offset on an otherwise stock OBX

Ford Bronco 33's tires fit Big Bend! As tested on my 2021 Bronco Black Lugs

Ford Bronco 33's tires fit Big Bend! As tested on my 2021 Bronco 20211120_122519

Ford Bronco 33's tires fit Big Bend! As tested on my 2021 Bronco Bronco M3

I would say no issues... 295/70R17 +30 Offset on an otherwise stock OBX (over 9,000 miles on them now).

They ride quiet for a M/T and honestly, I have ridden in stock Toyota Corolla's with noisier factory tires than these M/T tires. These are Milestar Patagonia M/T's which are from basically the harbor freight of tires, Discount Tires. I have no complaints so far. They are 33.5" tall.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I can't speak for the KO2's; however, they have to be better than full on M/T's like my Milestar Patagonia M/T's, which I typically drive 700+ miles every weekend from Corpus Christi to San Angelo every weekend. The Bronco doesn't handle as well as the F-150 (2 door Bronco vs long bed F-150), but the Bronco is in general more comfortable to drive on long trips (as the seats are excellent).

If it wasn't for the air leaking past the seals in the Bronco hardtop, it would be quieter than the F-150 interior. The Bronco is quieter and plenty well handling below 70 MPH, however the 2 door Bronco feels a little nervous above 70 MPH due to the short wheelbase and tighter steering in sport mode. I also noted that it may be doing some extra stability management during higher speed turns that, in turn, may be making me feel like the vehicle is reacting oddly to inputs.

So my weekend trips are typically run at an average speed of around 70-80 MPH, including fuel stops, making the average trip about 4.5-5 hours (or 9-10 hours per weekend). It's plenty comfortable, my girlfriend's daughter had no problem with spending 6 hours in the back with the wifi hotspot running (San Angelo to SATX to San Angelo). She felt that she had plenty of room and was rather comfortable.
Sponsored