OP
Endlessplace23
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was the tire rubbing on the swaybar at full lock? Mainly that is where people have reported contact. Along with potentially the top of tire contacting fender/flare, if no lift was installed.
I took a lot of measurements and determined that with the 12.5s on the BB wheels it would rub the sway on full lock and potentially other components. 1" spacers moved everything out by 25mm, essentially making it fit like a 35 offset wheel. The 2" lift with 1" spacers allow plenty of room and no rubbing on full lock or articulation. Crash bars are also removed as I went with Kenda 35s, true to size, instead of 315s, which typically run smaller than a true 35.
Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello,

I have a '23 BB non-SAS. I'm planning on doing the Rough Country 2" lift (struts, not spacers) and am looking to throw on a set of 35x12.5r17 Kenda Klever RT's on the stock BB wheels.

I know plenty of Jeep guys who run 35x12.5 on 7.5" wide wheels, w/o beadlocks, with no issues so, I'm not worried about that. What I am curious of is whether they will rub on the control arm as I've read a few other threads where guys had to run 1" wheel spacers so they don't rub.

If someone who has tried this on the stock BB wheels would be able to let me know of any issues they may have had I would greatly apprciate it!
I have the same setup and had to add 1.5 inch spacers. The tires did not rub for the first 3 months, but once the suspension settled I started to have rub at full lock and added spacers.

Sparkman

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a great thread. Lots of info from you all. Disclaimer: I am new to this - my Big Bend is scheduled to be built the week of 9/11-15. I wanted the Sasquatch pkg but did not want to wait so I am trying to do it myself piece by piece. Having said that I got 5 take off SAS tires with only a few miles on them and plan on putting them on my stock wheels until I can upgrade. Will I need a spacer? Also getting a lift - should I go with broncbusters body lift or should I do SAS take off billsteins? I’m on a budget and I have done this work myself before. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Sponsored