35" tires on Big Bend w/ 2" Lift ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

I have a '23 BB non-SAS. I'm planning on doing the Rough Country 2" lift (struts, not spacers) and am looking to throw on a set of 35x12.5r17 Kenda Klever RT's on the stock BB wheels.

I know plenty of Jeep guys who run 35x12.5 on 7.5" wide wheels, w/o beadlocks, with no issues so, I'm not worried about that. What I am curious of is whether they will rub on the control arm as I've read a few other threads where guys had to run 1" wheel spacers so they don't rub.

If someone who has tried this on the stock BB wheels would be able to let me know of any issues they may have had I would greatly apprciate it!
Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Other than my wheels being -12 offset and 8" wide I have no issue running the 35" with a 2" lift (crash bars removed)

Forgot to mention I ran them on the Stock wheels for a week or two. (Big Bend)

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't buy the rough country struts, not worth being the first to try them. A few people have run narrow tires on the stock big bend wheels, Kenda tires are a true to size tire, you will have issues contacting the spindle without a wheel spacer.

Bilstein 5100s and a 35x11.5 tire would be a better fit.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a bunch of builds that have put 35 X 12.5 on the factory +55 offset wheels--- NO lift.
The rub seems best described as "just barely kisses the sway bar at full lock".

I have the 35 x 11.5 Toyos on +35 Methods, Base, no lift ..... on the street the only time I rub is if I am at or near full lock and compress the suspension (bump, hump, driveway curb, whatever)
But I've straight line ramped some of those wide "speed humps" with no issues. LOL

If you do go with struts, go with high quality name branded stuff. Skip the self branded crap. More often than not, folks end up not happy about those, especially considering the cost.
At a minimum, go with the Bilsteins or Ford Performance Bilsteins .... or Sasquatch take offs.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a bunch of builds that have put 35 X 12.5 on the factory +55 offset wheels--- NO lift.
The rub seems best described as "just barely kisses the sway bar at full lock".

I have the 35 x 11.5 Toyos on +35 Methods, Base, no lift ..... on the street the only time I rub is if I am at or near full lock and compress the suspension (bump, hump, driveway curb, whatever)
But I've straight line ramped some of those wide "speed humps" with no issues. LOL

If you do go with struts, go with high quality name branded stuff. Skip the self branded crap. More often than not, folks end up not happy about those, especially considering the cost.
At a minimum, go with the Bilsteins or Ford Performance Bilsteins .... or Sasquatch take offs.
In that full lock situation, where on the tire/vehicle is it rubbing on the bumps?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In that full lock situation, where on the tire/vehicle is it rubbing on the bumps?
sway bar
Sorry, misunderstood the question.

I really don't know, it happens so rarely, and so lightly, I've never thought to stop and look for the rub marks.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
sway bar
Sorry, misunderstood the question.

I really don't know, it happens so rarely, and so lightly, I've never thought to stop and look for the rub marks.
I don't have firsthand Bronco experience, but I wonder if your 35" diameter front tire might be touching the underside of the flare or fender, on full lock with suspension compressed. I base that on the fact you have a +35 offset, which is close to the Sas +30 offset, and so probably is outward enough not to hit the sway bar or upper control arm.

But I read the Sas due to 35" tires, has 1.1" lift over base and had to limit the upward travel a bit, due to contact. I don't recall if you have any lift? If not, then maybe a 1" or so lift with upward travel limited similar to Sas, would prevent the contract you were having?

On a related note, my CJ7 with 31" tires and no lift, used to lightly touch the top of the front tire to the underside of the flare/fender, only when the wheels were turned and suspension compressed. A mild lift with extended bump stop would have avoided that contact. Maybe you are having similar contact.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I read the Sas due to 35" tires, has 1.1" lift over base and had to limit the upward travel a bit, due to contact. I don't recall if you have any lift? If not, then maybe a 1" or so lift with upward travel limited similar to Sas, would prevent the contract you were having?

Umm, correct!!! It sounds like a lift , or MAAAYBE even just a level will take care of the rubs.

No lift on my base Base. If I were to lift it,I'd probably go with the Ford Performance Bilsteins or the actual Bilsteins which are adjustable. Either way, I'd go give her the full two inches.

My 69 Bronco has 2.5" lift and 33's and it will rub like hell if I have it turned pretty sharp as I roll over my driveway curb. Like, you can here each tread block twap over whatever it is it's rubbing on.

Fortydegnorth

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4dr, 2023 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What clip number on the Bilsteins? Looks great

Sponsored

Bair

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just had it lifted with Bilstein 5100s and put on Kenda Klever R/T 35x12.5r17 with the stock BB wheels, crash bars removed obviously. Had to put on 1 inch wheel spacers, but nothing rubs.

Ford Bronco 35" tires on Big Bend w/ 2" Lift ? Front_After
Did you have to put the wheel spacers on in order for it to not rub? Or is that something you just decided on for a more aggressive look?

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 inch lift on BB base..with SAS takeoffs..

Ford Bronco 35" tires on Big Bend w/ 2" Lift ? IMG_3040

OP
OP
Endlessplace23
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you have to put the wheel spacers on in order for it to not rub? Or is that something you just decided on for a more aggressive look?
Yes, since I stayed with the stock BB wheels and went 12.5" wide, spacers were necessary to ensure no rubbing and a flush look.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, since I stayed with the stock BB wheels and went 12.5" wide, spacers were necessary to ensure no rubbing and a flush look.
Was the tire rubbing on the swaybar at full lock? Mainly that is where people have reported contact. Along with potentially the top of tire contacting fender/flare, if no lift was installed.
Sponsored