Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2004 Excursion, 2017 F-250, 2017 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At least it’s something… I ain’t hearing SH!€ from anyone, including my dealer, chat, phone customer service, etc. VERY frustrating, especially since I’m rolling in a rental since my Land Rover died a couple of weeks ago.
Man that sucks to be in a rental for lord knows how long. Hopefully all of us will get our Broncos sooner, rather than later. I am wondering if Ford will get caught up on all of the internal issues now, since there is a pause in production.
Sponsored

ATLBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 LR4 on life support
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just had the hammer drop... talked with Ford Marketing and it's official. CHIP HOLD at the plant with an estimated delivery date of July 26-August 1 now for my vehicle that was blended 4/21. Gonna be a long, hot summer in that lot. Try to take care of her for me Ford...

In some sense, I'm relieved. I know what has to happen now... I have to find something to drive for the next 4-6 weeks. Maybe a long term rental Bronco or something cool. I can now also stop obsessing over what's happening and refreshing OrderTrack every 5 minutes.

Hope my fate is not the fate of most in this build week. Good luck.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just had the hammer drop... talked with Ford Marketing and it's official. CHIP HOLD at the plant with an estimated delivery date of July 26-August 1 now for my vehicle that was blended 4/21. Gonna be a long, hot summer in that lot. Try to take care of her for me Ford...

In some sense, I'm relieved. I know what has to happen now... I have to find something to drive for the next 4-6 weeks. Maybe a long term rental Bronco or something cool. I can now also stop obsessing over what's happening and refreshing OrderTrack every 5 minutes.

Hope my fate is not the fate of most in this build week. Good luck.
Oh no. I'm sorry.

But check your Math ... I think you have more than 4-6 weeks, unless I'm misunderstanding your post?

And did you get this from the 800 number? Or the chat?

Last edited:

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok. Just got off the phone with the "Bronco Support Hotline (lol I think that's just some marketing BS to make me feel better, but that's what the chat agent told me): 800-334-4375. You may find that number helpful, and for what it's worth, the agent was super friendly and the hold time was basically zero minutes.

The phone agent said my vehicle is showing delivery ETA of 5/29 (but she said she didn't think that seemed reasonable since it hasn't shipped yet).

And that my vehicle (OBX, High package, soft top) is on a "plant hold." I clarified and asked if this was distinct and different from a "chip hold," and she verified that this is a different category -- so this is *not* a chip hold.

I asked if this could be something like a bad batch of headlights or failed QC check. She said that *is* the kind of thing that would put it on a plant hold like this.

So, I take this as good news in that I'm not waiting for a chip or anything like that, but bad news in the sense that it's going to take some hands-on TLC to resolve whatever the issue happens to be.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suspected this was the case for a few weeks now, but now its official. Ford Chat is showing Chip Hold with a EDD of 7/31. Which will officially put me in the 2+ year waiting bracket with a day 1 pre-order...gotta love it

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Talked to my dealer and ford marketing as my bronco is scheduled to be delivered this weekend and need to mail down plans to pick it up. The dealership told me that mine is built and pending shipment. The marketing department told me that it is built and with no holds but pending shipment. She was actually shocked as she told me that she has spoken with dozens of people today and that I had the first bronco she pulled up that was not on a chip hold. So, just waiting to see when it arrives.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok. Talked to my dealer and ford marketing as my bronco is scheduled to be delivered this weekend and need to mail down plans to pick it up. The dealership told me that mine is built and pending shipment. The marketing department told me that it is built and with no holds but pending shipment. She was actually shocked as she told me that she has spoken with dozens of people today and that I had the first bronco she pulled up that was not on a chip hold. So, just waiting to see when it arrives.
Hot damn! Who's your dealership?

EDIT: your build and mine are similar enough that I have hope. And your rotation number was 6400 something where mine was 5588. I need to call the dealership ...

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hot damn! Who's your dealership?

EDIT: your build and mine are similar enough that I have hope. And your rotation number was 6400 something where mine was 5588. I need to call the dealership ...
My dealership is arrow ford in Abilene.

mxrgvn

Outer Banks
First Name
morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2016 Yamaha R1M
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

i went to the chat and then called the 800 number, they both confirmed my eta delivery was 5/22... no plant or shipping holds but did say there is a 10 day grace period. should be seeing my bronco by june 1st. same things, they said they were surprised to see i had no holds or anything keeping me from getting it by june 1st... but we shall see!

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Against my better judgement inquired about it. Ford Chat said ( 🥃 ) Same crap. ETA is 5/13-5/18 but that's 'subject to change'...I am guessing tomorrow my new 'ETA' will be July. 😩

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Against my better judgement inquired about it. Ford Chat said ( 🥃 ) Same crap. ETA is 5/13-5/18 but that's 'subject to change'...I am guessing tomorrow my new 'ETA' will be July. 😩
Perfect timing to re-enact your avatar.

ATLBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 LR4 on life support
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Praise the Good Lo

Oh no. I'm sorry.

But check your Math ... I think you have more than 4-6 weeks, unless I'm misunderstanding your post?

And did you get this from the 800 number? Or the chat?
Yep. Make it 10 weeks. Just enough to kiss the entire summer… so disappointed. The crap of it is that if it was built two weeks earlier or later, I would be driving it now. Oh well.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Make it 10 weeks. Just enough to kiss the entire summer… so disappointed. The crap of it is that if it was built two weeks earlier or later, I would be driving it now. Oh well.
I think this right here is what frustrates me the most. Getting a build week and being thrilled that it was not once pushed back to a later week, just to find out that the majority of the 5/2 build week has gotten either a Build email or have had their Bronco's delivered. Who would have though being pushed a few weeks would have been the optimal outcome

Last edited:

Hunter

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Badlands, KTM 390 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring on all the Texas broncos!
Sponsored