Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess that would depend on what function you are talking about. Not everyone is focused on offroad driving...
Off road driving is what the Bronco was designed for, so that's what I'm talking about ...

When the model was launched it was marketed as "the Mustang of off roading."

That's why its main competition is widely presumed by the public to be the Jeep Wrangler, even though Ford has never publicly claimed that.
Sponsored

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or in my case I am primarily focused in off-road driving but prefer the articulation/traction (index benefit to LWB, but still depends on circumstance) and the stability of LWB over the turn circle or breakover of a SWB. This is not the "image" people have in mind so i'll keep my head low but ultimately the usage case dictates which is more off-road capable
Same here.
I would assume the majority of people searching out the new Bronco online are like you two mostly looking for the off-road for factor. I also assume that the vast majority of people buying them well be pavement pounders of whom off-road capability isn't there #1 function that they will be looking at.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, 4 door has a lot of advantages with the longer wheelbase for off road. I wouldn’t say one is better than the other but IMO I’d rather have too long of a wheelbase vs too short for most applications.

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So that original quote was about the original '66 Bronco? Not the new modern Bronco? It sounded like you were talking about the new Bronco which we really don't know what function that they are focusing on. I really hope they focus on off-road capability. Though in all honesty I probably won't take it off-road often. It's 4x4 system will mostly be used to get me safely to work on those occasional snowy days around where I live.

Off road driving is what the Bronco was designed for, so that's what I'm talking about ...

When the model was launched it was marketed as "the Mustang of off roading."

That's why its main competition is widely presumed by the public to be the Jeep Wrangler, even though Ford has never publicly claimed that.
The amusing thing there is that the 2-door is both the function focused design and the one people find visually appealing. It's a learned appreciation, for what incredible things such a simple little vehicle can do.

Once you add this, add that, add, add, add you ultimately make the vehicle less capable of what it was originally designed for ... it becomes just another bloated luxury barge people are afraid to take off road.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So that original quote was about the original '66 Bronco? ... the new Bronco which we really don't know what function that they are focusing on. ...
Yes. The new Bronco could be designed to be a grocery getter with the off road chops of a minivan on high heels for all we know. Ford hasn't really bothered to tell us.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should have known that someone would come back with that lame ass response.
All I'm saying is that if off-road capability is one's fourth priority, there is a vast array of vehicles that more appropriately fit the needs of the situation. I actually don't have a problem with all the Rubicons at the mall, they'll be pristine organ donors later in life. If one's criteria is an aggressive, adventurous look with bold colors and graphics, then a Rubicon is a great choice - but there are a good many who would be better-served by a Honda Pilot if not for the vanity. And that's exactly what it is - ego, vanity, style, "look at me". Or put another way, posers.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likes that vehicle -- or just the idea of it, but actually wants a very different vehicle that makes them feel the same way?

Most people aren't very good at differentiating those things. Just look at Wrangler buyers and the hordes of people complaining about basic vehicle qualities that have been there for 50+ years.

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mind letting us know what your definition of very soon is? I ordered a custom shift knob back in June and when I asked him about it 6 weeks ago he said it would be done very soon and I haven't seen it yet. So very soon means different things to different people. :cwl:

Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK Chrispy…..get specific on your "very soon" or I'm calling the Cops.....you've been warned :stop: :wink: