First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm coming from a '89 LR Defender w/ 3-link suspension. Only experience I have w/ 4-link suspension is a couple buddies jeeps.

Eventually will be lifting the Bronco 3" and hoping someone can help me understand if...

1) With just a 3" lift should I consider adjustable trailing links to adjust the pinion angle?
2) With a 3" lift, can adjusting the pinion angle be accomplished with just lower adjustable links while using the factory uppers?
3) With a 3" lift should I consider an adjustable panhard rod?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rzeppa style joint on these drive shafts is much more tolerant of angle variation to vibration however is more likely to tear the boot and shorten overall joint lifespan at the angles created by >2” lift (Jeep experience).

Use adjustable upper links to control pinion angle and adjustable lowers to set wheelbase.

As for panhard, it is really flat on the stock suspension and is probably fine at 2-3” of lift. I am running one of RockJock’s new units with roughly 2.5” of rear suspension lift and required about an 1/8” to center the axle. There are also panhard bar brackets now in market as well.

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks man! I was under the assumption the lowers corrected pinion angle, hadn't considered wheelbase...makes sense now I think about it.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rzeppa style joint on these drive shafts is much more tolerant of angle variation to vibration however is more likely to tear the boot and shorten overall joint lifespan at the angles created by >2” lift (Jeep experience).

Use adjustable upper links to control pinion angle and adjustable lowers to set wheelbase.

As for panhard, it is really flat on the stock suspension and is probably fine at 2-3” of lift. I am running one of RockJock’s new units with roughly 2.5” of rear suspension lift and required about an 1/8” to center the axle. There are also panhard bar brackets now in market as well.
Do you think an added bracket with aftermarket track bar will add any more articulation?

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think an added bracket with aftermarket track bar will add any more articulation?
I'm thinking the pan-hard keeps the rear centered during flex...not sure if allows additional flex?

Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bracket changes the roll center / stiffness.

As for the aftermarket bar, assuming it leverages spherical, JohnnyJoint, or similar ends will free up available articulation not necessarily add any. The OE rubber or clevite bushings are better for absorbing NVH than they are twisting or flexing.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bracket changes the roll center / stiffness.

As for the aftermarket bar, assuming it leverages spherical, JohnnyJoint, or similar ends will free up available articulation not necessarily add any. The OE rubber or clevite bushings are better for absorbing NVH than they are twisting or flexing.
Thanks.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My rubber bushings on the lower arms were already cracking. Hard, brittle rubber. Glad I replaced them.

Ford Bronco 4-Link Rear Suspension Questions 9D9854F7-D19E-405E-B86D-D3DFA8EEED26