Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not part of the Grainger group. I went with my local dealer, just like Ford asked us to do when we first made the reservation.
Sadly that wouldn't have helped me at all Mark. My local dealer is a small home town owned business, and would be considered a small volumn dealer. The only thing that would change is that instead of getting a 2K below invoice I would be paying a 5K ADM. Even with that Ford screwed this dealer also with the new '22 allocation formula, and I would still be waiting until possiibly '24 with the options I've ordered.
Sponsored

1JulieMac

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Chevy Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi!
Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve got a 2 door on order? If so, Iā€™d agree with you on availability with the hardtop constraint.

On the other hand, if youā€˜re ordering a 4 door, and open to a soft top, then you should get picked up fairly quickly if you have a relatively high volume dealer. For me, it took 3 months from the date I switched to soft top. I was as surprised as anyone.

Happy to DM and help figure it out with you if you want. I want to see more Broncos in Oregon!!
We ordered a four door. We initially ordered a hard top then switched it to a soft top, but that didn't seem to help. When the 2022 order came around we did switch it back to the hardtop since they seemed be be getting done. Our order is down in southern Oregon (Medford). Not sure where we are in line currently.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 3 to 4 year wait is likely limited to several thousand customers who ordered at several smaller dealerships that offered significant discounts then got side-swiped by FMC change in allocations that favors large dealerships. For other consumers, most likely 12 to 18 months, depending upon what what they order and the supply chain constraints at that time.
Don't care how Ford want's to play it, I am going to wait with Granger as long as it takes. Eventually, Ford is going to want those reservations to not be sitting there for years making them look stupid as they fulfill new orders without reservations. It may take until 2023 sometime, but eventually something is going to have to give.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last time I checked with Granger I was in the mid 600 range for Oct reservation. Originally was in August but switched when my local dealer stole my reservation and could not answer a single question. I will remain with Granger but not waiting forever. If it does not show up by 23 then I will order a 4Runner and never look back. That is after purchasing 12 New Fords over the years. I just feel that Ford has totally made this a chit show and everything about the release has been a disaster, even barring Covid. Go to another dealer, afraid not and after the stollen reservations, lack of knowledge by sales people and the ADM screw job that is it! This has put a sour taste on me not just concerning the Bronco but Ford in general. Not to mention the quality issues on many fronts which is getting me spooked. Anyone else with those concerns?

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am happy for you, but this is why I will never buy a new Ford again.....ever. I reserved a 2 door base in July 2020, ordered January 2021 and based on my dealers allocation will most likely not see my order until 2023 or 2024.
2024?
I was told that they are buiLding the trucks that they have all the parts for. Thatā€™s why a lot of folks went back and ordered four door soft tops and got theirs in a couple months. No way Iā€™d wait two more years.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't care how Ford want's to play it, I am going to wait with Granger as long as it takes. Eventually, Ford is going to want those reservations to not be sitting there for years making them look stupid as they fulfill new orders without reservations. It may take until 2023 sometime, but eventually something is going to have to give.
Same here Mark. I may throw in the towel, but I'll give Zach the option to keep the order in for his dealer stock. I'll never give my reservation back to Ford. F%$k 'em, Ford ain't gettin' nuttin' from me if I decide to give up.

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will see if your 3 month wait time comes to fruition. Im 1.5 months into a soft top order (4 door BL, SAS, towing, mid) with an October 2020 reservation.
Hmmmā€¦ for orders that have been scheduled (and I assume VIN assigned), Iā€™d traipse down to the dealer and ask them to run a V V (vehicle visibility) report. It shows the status of your build, but only becomes active once the vehicle has a VIN assigned and it is scheduled (or built).

It clearly lists the historical dates of each step in the process, and was helpful to see where mine was at during production and transit.
We ordered a four door. We initially ordered a hard top then switched it to a soft top, but that didn't seem to help. When the 2022 order came around we did switch it back to the hardtop since they seemed be be getting done. Our order is down in southern Oregon (Medford). Not sure where we are in line currently.
My 2 cents- Iā€™d check in with the dealer, and see how many units they are receiving and where you stand on their order book. This is readably available information, and they own telling you where you stand at their dealership. Granger, to their credit, has role modeled this.

Now, if youā€™re higher up on their list of pending orders, and they are receiving a reasonable accommodation (x units per month, etc) then Iā€™d be more comfortable sticking with that dealer since you know youā€™re at the front of their line.

if youā€™re not getting good communication, or at the back of their line, or their allocated units are low, then it may be time to switch to another dealer that does have higher allocation- Iā€™d recommend mine, but appreciate youā€™re pretty far from Portland.

Once you have the dealer sorted, itā€™s time to decide if youā€™d be good with the soft top - Iā€™m convinced itā€™s what is (still) killing production, particularly for the 2drs that donā€™t have the soft top option. Removing that single constraint allowed me to get scheduled 3 months later. Changing tops also reduced the price, and I earmarked that money for an eventual hard top down the line, but appreciate its personal choice 100% on the top selection.

again just my 2 cents-

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
2024?
I was told that they are buiLding the trucks that they have all the parts for. Thatā€™s why a lot of folks went back and ordered four door soft tops and got theirs in a couple months. No way Iā€™d wait two more years.
I could live with a soft top, but I have no desire or need for a 4 door. The 2020 release video Ford put out had the 2 door front and center. I currently own 3 Ford trucks and have no "need" for a new vehicle. My only point had been that as a company Ford has handled this whole Bronco release horribly and had left a very bad taste in my mouth. If Ford does not want or need me as a customer, that is fine. IF I do end up with the new Bronco that I want, great! Otherwise, with the $42,000 that Ford does not care about, I could get a very nice 70's Bronco and probably be just as happy. Peace and love to all of you, but I'm done venting for now.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My prediction is that sometime in 2022 or start of 2023, Ford will do away with any remaining reservations.... poof, gone.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not heard any news on how the MAP is doing in regards of building the broncos. Does anyone know any information on how fast they are going? Does anyone know how many vehicles have been built so far and how many are expected to be produced monthly? I read in a couple articles (links below) that some people will be waiting up to 3-4 years.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42716/some-ford-bronco-reservations-could-be-delayed-for-years

https://carbuzz.com/news/you-may-have-to-wait-years-for-your-ford-bronco
The stats you are asking for have been posted in here about once a month or so. All I know is from those stats and from what has been said can be produced, daily and weekly....they have never reached full production (seems like they are at about 60%) and I believe their Goal was to do so in August. IF they got to full production with a 60 Bronco / 40 Ranger mix....they could have all the reservations filled by August 1. I hope it happens but I am not a betting man.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My prediction is that sometime in 2022 or start of 2023, Ford will do away with any remaining reservations.... poof, gone.
Just like I mentioned a few pages ago on this thread. Once Broncos are hitting dealer stock with frequency, I would not be surprised the reservation banks to be "retired". They have already done this to a minor extent with FE reservation holders.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2024 is a long way away. How do we know if we would even want one then? could be a totally different vehicle by then. Think Chevy Blazer. Ford dropped colors before even finishing building them and thatā€™s just over a few months. Who knows what another one or two years will bring.

Iā€™ve been waiting for a 2DR Basemansquatch with my Grangetober res but picking up a used 2DR badlands manual once the thrill and hype is gone may end up being the play. Iā€™m somewhat impulsive and have a low mileage 2020 STi I may just build while I wait or check out the New Z, M4, Mach 1 or S58 M2 thatā€™s coming out. Iā€™m a car guy but always liked old 4x4s, especially the ones with removable tops and manual transmission. Bronco was gonna be a nice topless beach truck for surf fishing and getting my vitamin d but what a cluster itā€™s become.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately for you & I & everyone else with Granger, its looking increasingly likely Ford will dissolve the reservation system, & current orders just unceremoniously cancelled as well - in a final move to force us all to just pay outrageous markup at their pet cheater-dealers --- IF we really want a Bronco. They are supporting these dealers actions at the same time they spit in our faces & renege on all their promises to fill reservations first.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have not heard any news on how the MAP is doing in regards of building the broncos. Does anyone know any information on how fast they are going? Does anyone know how many vehicles have been built so far and how many are expected to be produced monthly? I read in a couple articles (links below) that some people will be waiting up to 3-4 years.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42716/some-ford-bronco-reservations-could-be-delayed-for-years

https://carbuzz.com/news/you-may-have-to-wait-years-for-your-ford-bronco
Really depends on what you order. I didn't have a reservation. I ordered a Base 4dr softop with Sasquatch on 10/14/21. Got the email on 11/18/21 saying I was scheduled for 1/24/22. If I get it by mid Feburary, then it will be 4 months from order to delivery.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Four years? Probably not. Toyota's '23 redesign of the 4Runner will attract a lot of interest as the new hot 4x4. I think most of the Bronco craziness will go away by the end of next year.
Sponsored