kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
The keypad looks like a wart on a beautiful face. It blows my mind that they didn't integrate it into the pillar. Some of the Ranger guys are moving it to the inside of the gas door. Apparently the battery life is awful.

1619120953215.png
Would look fine here on 4dr.
pad.jpg

Advertisement

JWBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
As for the keypad....
Not sure about sticking it to the door. I can't believe it isn't integrated like it is on other Ford vehicles. Maybe stick to the top of the side mirror? I don't have to open the gas door and I don't have to see it on the door above the handle. I have just gotten too used to having it to go without. Does anyone have experience with using your phone in place of the keypad? What does that look like? Can you do that and still lock your keys in your car?

JWBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Hmm, yeah, I passed on that option.
@TonyWonder
I have this option on my Edge and with that version you do not have to have the fob with you. I have had buddies return items by locking them in my car using the keypad without me or the keys being anywhere near it. The version I have is hard wired and not battery.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Clubs

Wow that Cyber Orange is really popping in these pics. TBH though with OBX is almost too much. The black fender flairs and handles balance it out better IMO.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
The keypad looks like a wart on a beautiful face. It blows my mind that they didn't integrate it into the pillar. Some of the Ranger guys are moving it to the inside of the gas door. Apparently the battery life is awful.

1619120953215.png
I tried to do this on my F-150 and it didn’t work. Keypad was too big for the fuel door...and my fuel neck is the one without a cap on it and it still didn’t fit. It would push the fuel door out slightly. I would like to try the same thing with the Bronco. I’m hoping it fits

OP
shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Clubs

I tried to do this on my F-150 and it didn’t work. Keypad was too big for the fuel door...and my fuel neck is the one without a cap on it and it still didn’t fit. It would push the fuel door out slightly. I would like to try the same thing with the Bronco. I’m hoping it fits
The Bronco doesn't have a cap either so we will see where we can put it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew Lariat 4x4. Mustang GT convertible
The OBX is so pedestrian. Colored fender flares should be an option and not standard. The standard tires are an embarrassment. The only actual function of the OBX is, it forces one to purchase the Bad Lands. It is nothing but a glorified station wagon.

Schmack B

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Clubs

We have always had the keypad on our vehicles. the intergrated one. This one will be a new experience for us. I have it ordered from the factory, so i hope its not to hard to move or replace the battery. Although i dont think the stock location of it looks as bad as some of u guys do. makes it look like a Ford.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
I'm not ordering it from the factory. I'll use my Fordpass points since I'll have around $1,500 after delivery. I'm planning on putting it on the pillar or gas filler door.

Mad Martigan

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Commander, Wrangler

1619120953215.png

How hard is it to move? I ordered it on mine because I use mine all the time but I’d like to move it to the gas door.

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Would look fine here on 4dr.
pad.jpg
I understand the want of removing the keypad off the door and putting it on the B-pillar for a cleaner aesthetic but for the occasions when you do take off the doors, you're left with a useless keypad on the B-pillar.

There's tradeoffs for both so pick your poison.

Hiding it in the gas cap solves it all. Question now is, will it fit?

Advertisement

BuiltRight

Advertisement