Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit.
Frame rub with 37's..not thrilled.
Can you run the Sasquatch flares with Stage 2 Max kit or do you need to run the flare delete kit?
Also, is the 5th wheel and tire included in the Stage 2 Max kit pricing?

Jeep or not to Jeep is becoming the question again.
Those are good questions, I guess, for some... I figured for the few that are looking for an extreme rock crawler that requires 40+ inches of rubber. I'm not referring to individuals who are doing this for looks, but more for capability.

To Jeep or not to Jeep may become a question for a very, very small group. The Jeep has a lot of cons in stock form... it gets worse even more as you start to modify them, but you may gain capabilities in other areas. Even if I were to get a Jeep I would have opted for the most capable example from the factory and be mostly good. I went with a Sasquatched-Badlands and I'll be more than straight.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BroncoExclusive
What the heck is going on, not everyone was gushing over the 4WP packages and pricing and you change the title and delete the first post?

This does not reflect well on DSI or 4WP.
He also deleted all of his posts in the thread and changed his first name and location in his profile. Very suspect. :unsure:

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I smell a scam. Maybe not, but it all seems a bit fishy.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

He also deleted all of his posts in the thread and changed his first name and location in his profile. Very suspect. :unsure:
So, if I want the slick fender deletes, like I’m sure plenty of people do, you are not currently offering that for less than $11k? lol. Someone needs to think about Sasquatch spec’d customers probably not looking to immediately swap out shocks, wheels and tires.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I would assume this post would seem WAY less informal / shady-ish to others as well if you introduced yourself broadly with links and explained the connection between DSI and the 4WP build, or, as I gather here, DSI working with the Smittybuilt side of 4WP. https://dsicustomvehicles.com/about-us.html
Definitely full on shady.

ATTENNTION 4WP:
Next time please send one of your engineers to post and not a salesperson.

I'll be attending the 4WP Truck Fest in Dallas on Saturday where their red and black Bronco's will be on display, to say the least, I'll be asking some questions.

Thershey1311

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
An answer to your question isn't a simple one. Really depends on what you view as "maintenance".

Off road vehicles have a lot going on; particularly if you actually wheel. Wheeling presents wear and tear, so maintenance will likely be more than if you never leave the pavement; but this doesn't point to a problem.

parts for off roaders are swapped and upgraded with some regularity as guys tinker with their rigs. This will of course vary from guy to guy as far as those who do our own wrenching vs. cost of taking to a shop.

Building as you go in a sort of Frankenbuild where you mix a ton of parts here and there may lead to more maintenance if the proper mix isn't taken into consideration.

A kit from one tuner who did some R&D on parts and fit and finish will usually cut down on issues down the road, but this is not a guarantee.

Building a rig is full of potential risk, but the rewards are fun when wheeling, so most of us who do this as a hobby walk in with eyes open.

However, as long as you're not doing things in your Bronco that would normally require a cage and harness, you should be able to enjoy years of trail running with little problems other than normal wear unless you start banging shit on rocks or roots.

Buy what you can, give it a shot, then upgrade where you see you actually need to to improve capability, comfort, or power.
Thanks, appreciate the insight, I think for me I plan on using it up in Vermont, mostly dirt roads l, gettin to and from the mountains during all seasons, maybe more adventurous stuff down the road, I was worried about gettin sasquatch, maybe never using, as the miles pile up some of those features (lockers, sway bar disconnect, etc), just potentially more mechanical issues, more costs, I guess with building as I go I can add as I see fit

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe DSI is going back to the social media drawing board and trying to figure out how to lower the prices.

And how do you guys always end up killing all the new comer sales people ?

as some of the more rational members mentioned, this may be good for some at this price. For me, I am at $4500 tops to go up to 35” with a 37” as an option.

As for his name, I am sure he figured out he can be looked up in google, I was wondering why he had his teal name up there.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be the first to say it the prices are bananas! Having had a modified Jeep on 37's for that price you could do so much more. I'm hoping this isn't a syndrome of the Bronco being first year and lack of aftermarket options compared to Jeeps. I expect once the aftermarket catches up that you should be able to find a lift kit in the 1-3k range depending on how good it is. TIres and wheels for 37's with method rims will run you maybe max 2.5k. Bumpers from most of the main stay brands will likely cost 1k-1.5k front and back and a winch you can get smittybilt all day for 500-600. Most of this stuff is super easy to install also, short of the lift kit mods, bumpers, winch, lights, most anyone should be able to do yourself. And while the warranty stuff is nice, none of those things should be voiding your warranty in the first place. Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act countless times when I lifted my JKU I heard all the horror stories about voiding your warranty etc. I've yet to find a dealer that tried to void my warranty or push back on me for having a lifted jeep full of mods.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When he said it would cost less then going through Ford, I decided to post up actual numbers and compare them.
i refrained from adding my opinion

Once he quoted me, and told me I dont get it was when I posted my opinion

Personally I dont know why anyone would go with the 4WP $11,000 35” tire package
When you can get SAS for $6,xxx which guarantees Front and Rear Lockers. The stronger front diff AND the better gearing.
But thats just me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone missed it here is the original post #1 packages photo.
Once on the internet, always on the internet... lol

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs