First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, i read a few other threads on this but thought i would post just to keep the topic fresh. I have a 2022 WT with the sasquatch package. Other than eibach springs it is 100% stock. I was doing a trail run in So Cal with a local group (Miller Jeep Trail if anyone is interested). It was 90+ so i took the bronco rather than the CANAM so that i had AC! Well at the end of the trail about 1.5 miles before the trail ended my dash board started going crazy and i lost my 4-wheel drive. I received an ABS warning, 4x4 not available warning, antilock break fault and pre-collision assist not available.

I tried turning it off an back on, reversed to a flat section, cycling through all the 4x4 options (4H, 4A, 4L and 2wd) and disconnecting the battery. Unfortunately I ended up getting towed out of the last mile or so (major PIA for me and the vehicle towing me and the first time in over 20-years of wheeling that i have had to be towed :( ).

This trail is challenging but not overly hard (i had my rear locker on all day more to tread lightly than necessity). I only had to use the front locker 3x on obstacles. There had been a broken down jeep on the hardest obstacle that took almost 2-hours to recover so there is no way that it should have been over heated (all the rigs sat and waited so plenty of time to cool off).

I was able to limp off the trail in 2wd then after sitting for an hour our so it magically started working again. It is going into the dealer tomorrow to diagnose what is wrong. Hopefully it is a sensor or something stupid. I can't believe that a 60K+ rig cannot complete a 3.0 rated trail without problems. I am fanatical about never being the guy that holds up the group due to improper maintenance of their rig so i was absolutely mortified that it was me being towed.

Anyone else had to deal with this problem lately?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks man. All the electronics on todays vehicles make me nervous. If I recall, other's with similar situation ended up being ABS related.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun trail.
Next time, try pulling the ABS fuses 🤠

OP
OP

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fun trail.
Next time, try pulling the ABS fuses 🤠
Forgot to add, pulled multiple fuses (including the ABS) as well before i disconnected the battery. After reading a ton on this subject this AM it sounds like it is a programming issue. The "limp mode" is a safety feature. I am hoping it is a bad abs sensor or something because if this trail was all it took to go into limp mode this thing is worthless.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgot to add, pulled multiple fuses (including the ABS) as well before i disconnected the battery. After reading a ton on this subject this AM it sounds like it is a programming issue. The "limp mode" is a safety feature. I am hoping it is a bad abs sensor or something because if this trail was all it took to go into limp mode this thing is worthless.
Wow first time hearing pulled fuses didn't get it going as it sounds related to the wheel sensors.
Best wishes getting it sorted. Let us know what you find out 🤠 .

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep

OP
OP

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep

I have the WT so my cluster looks a bit different than yours but exactly the same concept. Appointment set for tomorrow AM so i am interested to see what the dealer says.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check the wire running above your rear driveline to make sure it isn't touching and worn through.

Also verify the plug/wires that are on the passenger side (iirc) about the B piller on the outside of the frame.

Either one of those spots get compromised and it will light you up.

OP
OP

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the wire running above your rear driveline to make sure it isn't touching and worn through.

Also verify the plug/wires that are on the passenger side (iirc) about the B piller on the outside of the frame.

Either one of those spots get compromised and it will light you up.
Thank you very much, i will check those tonight.
Sponsored