Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon, F150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 badlands, lux, sas, ICON stage 7 suspension. Warn winch, BAMF front bumper and Expedition one rear bumper with tire carrier. GOBI rack. 19kmiles.
Couple of weeks ago did Holy Cross trail in Colorado with my buddy’s and their jeeps. Did great all the way in and out. Had to winch in the creek but so did the jeeps.
The next day we did Wheeler lake. Did outstanding for the first 3/4 of the way in. Then the damn thing said “4wheel drive temp disabled” had ABS and other lights.
was in 4low rock crawl with lockers in when it decided to go to car mode.
got to the next wide spot in the road in 2 wheel with locker on.
tried everything I could think of to reset including pulling battery cables and shorting them together. No luck. Drove it to the bottom of bowling ball hill and hitched a ride in my buddys Rubicon to the lake. Got back a hour later and still faulted. Tried to put it in 2 wheel drive etc. no luck. Drove the trail out in low range with rear locker on when needed but no 4wheel drive. As soon as I got driving in the highway it all reset. Could put it in 4wd etc.
Took it to my dealer. They spent 6 days going thru it and said “nothing wrong”.
masked them
Told me to escalate it to Ford because I had seen the issue with other folks on the forum.
Chatted with one person on Ford customer service. She said it was above her so two days later another nice lady from ford called. Said she had talked to
the dealer and basically I should not follow the Jeeps. Bronco can’t hold up.
I disagree. It has gone everywhere I have pointed it. All I want to know is how to reset or upgrade it when it happens again. ANY IDEAS besides looking at a new 392😃 would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a new one to me. I wonder if having an OBD scanner would help?

OP
OP
Ralphramst

Ralphramst

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one that I put in my tool box for now on. Might even take forscan and my laptop with me from now on. Very frustrating.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Bronco software reboot is “radio power button” and “fast forward button” together Is this correct? We all need to know this, including the Jeepers.

Assuming my statement is correct, how long do you have to hold the buttons down for?

I need to reboot by phone, iPad, computer, and various RaspberryPi’s occasionally. Was once on a 737-900 Max, where the pilot came on and indicated he had to power the plane down to reboot the computer system. Perhaps this is a reality of life there days.

You want reliability? Buy a 1950 Willys. Three switches and 7 wires….

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I had almost the exact same problem about 3/4 of the way into Top of the World in Moab. My heart sunk. The only difference was it reset after I turned the engine off, then restarted. No more problems finishing the trail, doing Fins and Things the next day and returning back home to Florida. Ford Pass App received several fault messages. Dealer had it for two weeks or so and ultimately said it was caused by bad abs module which they replaced it. No problems since.

There are times I think there’s something to be said for pulling levers on the floor.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 badlands, lux, sas, ICON stage 7 suspension. Warn winch, BAMF front bumper and Expedition one rear bumper with tire carrier. GOBI rack. 19kmiles.
Couple of weeks ago did Holy Cross trail in Colorado with my buddy’s and their jeeps. Did great all the way in and out. Had to winch in the creek but so did the jeeps.
The next day we did Wheeler lake. Did outstanding for the first 3/4 of the way in. Then the damn thing said “4wheel drive temp disabled” had ABS and other lights.
tried everything I could think of to reset including pulling battery cables and shorting them together. No luck. Drove it to the bottom of bowling ball hill and hitched a ride in my buddys Rubicon to the lake. Got back a hour later and still faulted. Tried to put it in 2 wheel drive etc. no luck. Drove the trail out in low range with rear locker on when needed but no 4wheel drive. As soon as I got driving in the highway it all reset. Could put it in 4wd etc.
masked them
Told me to escalate it to Ford because I had seen the issue with other folks on the forum.
Chatted with one person on Ford customer service. She said it was above her so two days later another nice lady from ford called. Said she had talked to
I disagree. It has gone everywhere I have pointed it. All I want to know is how to reset or upgrade it when it happens again. ANY IDEAS besides looking at a new 392😃 would be appreciated.

Was your traction control turned off while wheeling? Could have also been something messing with any of the hundreds of electronic sensors. Same thing happened to me a couple times more than a year ago and the dealership couldn't figure out anything with it and even opened a case with Ford, but it never happened again and the only thing different is that I now make sure to disable traction control when going offroad as it at least disables some of the extra sensory crap.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A Bronco software reboot is “radio power button” and “fast forward button” together Is this correct? We all need to know this, including the Jeepers.

Assuming my statement is correct, how long do you have to hold the buttons down for?

I need to reboot by phone, iPad, computer, and various RaspberryPi’s occasionally. Was once on a 737-900 Max, where the pilot came on and indicated he had to power the plane down to reboot the computer system. Perhaps this is a reality of life there days.

I believe that just resets the SYNC system. You hold them till the screen goes dark...

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Yamapro had same issue while alone deep in Moab. Ford or some hack need to come up with a reset switch or a manual over-ride for these exact situations.

@Ford Motor Company could face a lawsuit if they don't fix this. imagine if this happen to your family while in Alaska in the winter....?

Sponsored

Bad hand

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, we have to do that quite often to reset the systems, so they power up properly and everything works. It sucks. But what are you going to do.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s just to reboot the radio.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

masked them

Don’t follow the Jeeps? Nice.

Seems pretty simple. Something got wet and when it dried off it worked.

Now the trick is to figure out which wire it was.

OP
OP
Ralphramst

Ralphramst

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Yamapro had same issue while alone deep in Moab. Ford or some hack need to come up with a reset switch or a manual over-ride for these exact situations.

@Ford Motor Company could face a lawsuit if they don't fix this. imagine if this happen to your family while in Alaska in the winter....?
No doubt. I told the nice lady from Ford that I will end up on CNN as one of the stranded people in the middle of nowhere that ended up eating lizards and cactus to survive. She saw no humor in it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt. I told the nice lady from Ford that I will end up on CNN as one of the stranded people in the middle of nowhere that ended up eating lizards and cactus to survive. She saw no humor in it.
The good/bad news is that Jeep people will line up to pull a Bronco out of the wilderness. Won’t even ask for gas money. :p
Sponsored