First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spoke about this at length with my dealer this morning- Ford made the decision to make leather the standard option on the OBX just recently. The same order that was created for me on 3/27 was entered and printed this morning- with MSRP coming in at $2195 less than what we agreed upon in March. Ford told me that even though that change was made, itā€™ll be up to the dealers if they choose to honor it or not.

You have an amazing dealer! And thanks for taking the time to share this with me. This is so wild! So to be clear, your dealer as well as Ford are saying that they are going make a nicer care for the same amount of money?

This looks terrible for Ford, as they are publicly announcing they ripped everyone off prior to march 2023 with an OBX SUV that was more expensive then it was actually worth.

I
Sponsored

Mena541

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 2 Doord BL Sasquatch high package, hardtop 2.7. Built week was 5/15/23. Just got an email this morning from ford that itā€™s built and awaiting shipping

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have an amazing dealer! And thanks for taking the time to share this with me. This is so wild! So to be clear, your dealer as well as Ford are saying that they are going make a nicer care for the same amount of money?

This looks terrible for Ford, as they are publicly announcing they ripped everyone off prior to march 2023 with an OBX SUV that was more expensive then it was actually worth.

I
I agree, but I suppose Fordā€™s shady business practices shouldnā€™t come as a surprise to any of us at this point. Other than maybe streamlining production, I canā€™t speak as to why this decision was made- my dealer couldnā€™t either. After he printed the order with the lower price this morning (we were both confused), he looked back at his recent communications from Ford and found where leather was now showing as the standard option. If my dealer doesnā€™t honor this change, Iā€™ll be one of those ripped off people too. If I didnā€™t want this damn Bronco so bad Iā€™d probably tell them to kick rocks. But the thought of seeing someone else driving my car around town doesnā€™t work for me šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ll just conduct my business elsewhere going forward.

lynchy522

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Mena541 EXCITING! when you check your status on ford tracker does it say built there yet?

Last edited:

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes Sir our base price did jump for the OBX just like the WildTrak. It makes sense right, seeing as leather seats cost money? Or are they giving away leather seats from now on because they just love their customers?šŸ˜®

The confusion here is that people are looking at the window sticker like thatā€™s the actual contract for the car. Its ethical for dealers to have clients sign a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement so the clients can lock in a price. This is where you will find how much you are paying.
Bingo. After the tax/title/shipping fee Iā€™m walking out the door at $61k figured without a down payment I have prepped. However theyā€™re honoring the $61k and not adding on ADM.

Sponsored

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates to anyoneā€™s orders? šŸ‘€

ShaunB

Wildtrak
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My blend date was 5/17, since then nothing. Tracker updated on 5/18 and changed blend date to that day. Still shows in production for me.

Sponsored

Andrew72

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Silverado, 2022 corsair.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still in Production for me and I was Build # 10 on last Monday so either stuck in QA or poor tracker updates. After all the posts on the OBX leather upcharge being removed I went through the Build and Price again and see the base price went up 2195 to account for it so the folks stating they dont have the charge anymore will be interesting to see if they get the discount or pay the new base price upon delivery.

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Regarding the "no charge" for leather I posted about on Saturday:

Just got a call from my dealer - you guys are correct! He said now that leather is "no charge", the base price has increased- so if I sat down and ordered the same build today that I did in March, it would be 51k as opposed to 49k (my agreed upon amount). I told him that the 47k price he gave me on Saturday really threw me off, he said it just happened to fall right between when the leather charge was removed, but before the base price was increased in the system. He was very apologetic- and I understand it was just a fluke and not his fault. I appreciate him taking the time to research and clarify what happened. As long as I am not overpaying- I am good with it. Now I can chill out and wait for my green machine to arrive šŸ˜Ž

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both my 3/27 orders are being built this week. Both have had the modules turned on and tear tags. Both are Badlands, lux, 2.7, hard top. One has towing and one doesn't.

I really didnā€™t expect them both to get built so I guess someone will be getting a nice lot car.
Sponsored