JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Killing me paying so much over stick, but such is the market. Is 62,900 for a 2023 Everglades a good deal?
How much will it bother if you don't get it?
How much will what you paid for it bother you?

A great saying
from a song, "You can get what's second best. But it's hard to get enough"

Not everything in life fits that saying but when it does it hits hard.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Killing me paying so much over stick, but such is the market. Is 62,900 for a 2023 Everglades a good deal?
Get what you want at a price that you can afford, but just don't come back complaining that it has cheap plastic and a host of other nitpicks that a 60k+ vehicle shouldn't have , lol.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sticker only, you’ll put another $10k+ in aftermarket stuff

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a 2023 Everglades? Thought it was discontinued, but happy to see it still sells.

Very capable Bronco with lots of extra goodies added on. :)

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

60k+ gets you a Lexus gx premium.
Or a Mercedes Benz C300 4 matic coupe..... 4 wheel drive and a much more comfortable family road trip environment. as long as you are keeping it on the road.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t see it as any worse of a deal than those paying over $100k for a Braptor!
well they are getting close at MSRP for a loaded one and most likely will be for 24 so theres that.... $95,800

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Over sticker is a bad deal.

Everglades was an odd model that was not popular. You were locked into 4-doors, Automatic, and the 2.3.

Most people who wanted 4-doors and an automatic wanted the bigger engine. Most people who ordered the 2.3 did so because Stick Shift Uber Alles, so again the engine/transmission pairing was undesirable.

The things folks liked about the Everglades were the wheels (lots of folks thought they were the best looking wheels) and exclusive colors (i.e. Sand)

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid $53K MSRP for a 2023. After tax, destination, DMV, and docs, drive-off was $61K, and worth every penny for the most capable Bronco available next to the Raptor. However, $62K, plus tax, destination, DMV, and docs would be a deal-breaker simply because none of the existing trims are worth a $70K drive-off.

In short, and in my opinion, you've reached the point of diminishing returns on a Bronco when drive-off far exceeds $60K.

As for the Everglades being unpopular, it never had a chance to be popular or unpopular. It became available for a few months as a Limited Edition model during a period when the vast majority of reservation holders (self-included) were on the backend of a 2-year wait. Not many folks were willing to risk a longer wait, abandon their trim level, abandon their emotional investment in a 2-door trim (understandable), or abandon their emotional investment in a 2.7L engine (shrugs).

At the end of the day, between e-chips, MIC tops, and supply chain issues, there was a lot of crazy shit going on at the time.

On the trail, I have been flagged down to ask about my rig. On the road, I catch other Bronco owners literally following me around staring. A few weeks ago, a Bronco owner ahead of me at a stop light snapped a picture through his side view mirror. Pictures do the Everglades absolutely no justice. Hands down, it is a big, beautiful, very capable truck, and definitely a stand-out.

Last edited:

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless it's making you money, any vehicle north of 20k is a bad deal.

You're buying a toy here. Do you want a $62k toy, if yes, then good deal. If no, then bad deal

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying a new car is always a bad financial decision. But it can make you happy. Or sad, if you find out you overpaid. You definitely overpaid if you paid over MSRP.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Love my Everglades...I've been off-roading this summer in Colorado, Arkansas and Oklahoma. I waited 16 months and paid 54k for it. That being said I had seen several at dealerships for 65 and 75. Yes, really. If you look now the five available for sale are 65 to 75k.
Sponsored