First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Figure that part of the profits had to be that $100 reservation fee that implied that we were in line. I've heard that there were about 125,000 reservations converted to orders, that's 12.5 million dollars. Then five months after accepting reservations was the first mention of Dealer allocation being part of the formula for calculating when our builds would happen.

Hang in there, it's all we can do. Hoping that the wait will be worth it for all of us.
A lot of businesses are loving this new normal. Think about it. Ford is able to fill orders late and have better margins. They are able to forecast production so much better. Gone are the days of having 20 extra vehicles on every dealer lot that nobody really wanted that much. The average prices paid are going up, the time on lot is way down, and production efficiency is way up.

So although these supply chain problems and global challenges do create customer service challenges, Ford is kind of lucky because so many customers are kind of stuck and figure this is the way it is. And what else are you going to do? Everyone is in the same boat.

But this is actually all VERY good for Ford's profits. And if they can maintain a similar model going forward but just with more and more sales, why wouldn't they do that? If customers will go along with it, it's way better for them.
Sponsored

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
People in this thread talking about "people in front of him". If he really did reserve 12 hours after launch, at this rate how can there still be people in front of him? Unless OP lives in the middle of nowhere and his dealer hasn't gotten any Broncos at all, I feel like he should've been AT LEAST scheduled for prod.

Very werid comments talking about allocation at the dealer when OP is probably damn near #1.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to make sure we are on the same page. Are you saying that the dealership knows the exact allocation for each and every trim and component set ordered? I don't think that's true. I think they could tell you how many Broncos have been ordered at the dealership and where you are in line. I think they can maybe even do it by trim level. But I think there are too many factors with what you specifically ordered for the individual dealer to know exactly where you are in line. And they don't have a specific number of hard top allocations. It's not like they have been allocated 3 Wildtrak Hard tops with a certain bumper is it?

But I know for sure this guy would be able to tell me how many broncos they have on order generally. A lot of people have received soft tops in other trims when they ordered way after me.
Yeah that's not how the allocations work. It's not so many allocations for this trim and that trim.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak Hardtop in Area 51. We removed the tow package and changed bumper options or something to try to speed it up, but we are sticking with the hard top. (Honestly, I am OK to keep waiting, but the complete lack of good information makes planning very hard)
2DR or 4DR?

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People in this thread talking about "people in front of him". If he really did reserve 12 hours after launch, at this rate how can there still be people in front of him? Unless OP lives in the middle of nowhere and his dealer hasn't gotten any Broncos at all, I feel like he should've been AT LEAST scheduled for prod.

Very werid comments talking about allocation at the dealer when OP is probably damn near #1.
I live in Northern Utah. I see broncos every day. Utah isn't a huge state, but it's a big SUV and off road state.
I know the hardtop was a problem for me, and my guess is that having a bronco with a hard top delay then put me behind a lot of soft top broncos that got chips that were available.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I never said that a dealerships knows allocations to the trim level.

Let's back up.

let's say your dealership has 50 reservations >> every dealerships knows how how many reservations they have

Let's say your dealership received 5 allocations last month >> every dealership knows how many allocations they have

now .. let's say you are 1st in line and your build has a hardtop with tow. If there are constraints then you will not get an allocations and ford will go down the list until it can build one. If no allocations are build-able then The dealership will submit a low trim for dealer stock to cash in the allocation.

My example >> I was 56 in line and my dealership successfully built the 1st 20 so I am now 26 in line. I removed hardtop and tow I was scheduled. My dealership told me good job, you just skipped over everyone in front of you.

I hope the above makes sense.

Just to make sure we are on the same page. Are you saying that the dealership knows the exact allocation for each and every trim and component set ordered? I don't think that's true. I think they could tell you how many Broncos have been ordered at the dealership and where you are in line. I think they can maybe even do it by trim level. But I think there are too many factors with what you specifically ordered for the individual dealer to know exactly where you are in line. And they don't have a specific number of hard top allocations. It's not like they have been allocated 3 Wildtrak Hard tops with a certain bumper is it?

But I know for sure this guy would be able to tell me how many broncos they have on order generally. A lot of people have received soft tops in other trims when they ordered way after me.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that there are still a bunch. Look at some of the google docs for each build week and look at the reservation dates. I've not looked in a week or so but there were plenty of 7/13 and 7/14 that just keep getting pushed to another build week. That's just ones on 6g that happened to document their info on the google doc. Probably thousands out there still in the real world lol.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask you dealer how many are in front of you and how many allocations they have .. simply the best info to determine where you fall in line and how soon you will be scheduled.

You will just get a lot of negative comments here which will not help your situation
“Ask you dealer how many are in front of you and how many allocations they have .. simply the best info to determine where you fall in line and how soon you will be scheduled.”
Same boat. 👆👆👆👆 This is the problem. @Ford Motor Company made the pandemic problems worse with after-the-fact allocation games for early reservations. And don’t care about it.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think that there are still a bunch. Look at some of the google docs for each build week and look at the reservation dates. I've not looked in a week or so but there were plenty of 7/13 and 7/14 that just keep getting pushed to another build week. That's just ones on 6g that happened to document their info on the google doc. Probably thousands out there still in the real world lol.
But these folks are talking about their DEALER allocations, not total Ford allocations. OP HAS to be top 5 at his dealer in line by now, right?

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But these folks are talking about their DEALER allocations, not total Ford allocations. OP HAS to be top 5 at his dealer in line by now, right?
I would think but who knows. I was number 4 at mine, still waiting lol. Hopefully it will be here next week. My dealer had more than one FE that didn't get built last year too, and also won't give out allocation info.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never said that a dealerships knows allocations to the trim level.

Let's back up.

let's say your dealership has 50 reservations >> every dealerships knows how how many reservations they have

Let's say your dealership received 5 allocations last month >> every dealership knows how many allocations they have

now .. let's say you are 1st in line and your build has a hardtop with tow. If there are constraints then you will not get an allocations and ford will go down the list until it can build one. If no allocations are build-able then The dealership will submit a low trim for dealer stock to cash in the allocation.

My example >> I was 56 in line and my dealership successfully built the 1st 20 so I am now 26 in line. I removed hardtop and tow I was scheduled. My dealership told me good job, you just skipped over everyone in front of you.

I hope the above makes sense.
I think my dealer is saying what you are saying. I don't think they are lying to me like you suggested. I'm no fan of local dealers. They play games and screw around. I get that. But my dealer is a really big Ford seller and they've tried to be above board. They don't do ADM and they don't play games like that as far as I can tell.

I think Ford should get most of the blame at this point with the Bronco. I think they could absolutely help customers get a better idea of what to expect, but it is not in their best interest to do so.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally got the news from my dealership that they have 47 broncos in front of me and the allocations I am taking a wild guess is about 10 a month just by what I am seeing that make it to the lot. I drive everyday going to work. So that being said I am looking at least another 4-5 months. OBX Reservation date 9/28/20 second order date 1/22/21 still nothing so we are all still waiting.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
Misery loves company and I'm in the same boat with a meaningless reservation date immediately after reservation banks opened and an order on the first day I could convert to an order. The order is through a friend's dealer and I still have no VIN or update. The dealer acts like they have no idea too.
Sponsored