Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know a guy over at LAP. I'll see what I can find out.
No need, I just figured they put that out there to cover up a hack. Never seen a cluster programming issue shut a whole plant down.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
Chuck_Ruck

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I often tell folks I'm not a "real" electrician, LOL.

I'm more of an automation guy, robots, PLC's, LAN, etc.

You guys keep the lights on. You do the real work!
We do that stuff too! But not too often. "From a nine volt to a lightning bolt, we do it all."

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need, I just figured they put that out there to cover up a hack. Never seen a cluster programming issue shut a whole plant down.
Alternators aren't charging correctly. At first they thought it was a bad batch of alternators, but found that something in one of the modules is preventing it. So, they are having to flash program all the trucks they have built, and it seems its killing the cluster.

Now, that's what I heard, but can't confirm as truth or not.

Last edited:
  • Wow

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#16.
Bottom center, just below the mounting hole. 10A.

1676559168083.png
That fixed it!

But can someone PLEASE explain WHY we have to go to a new sized fuse every other year. I had to get a whole new kit of "Micro" fuses. This is out of control...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alternators aren't charging correctly. At first they thought it was a bad batch of alternators, but found that something in one of the modules is preventing it. So, they are having to flash program all the trucks they have built, and it seems its killing the cluster.

Now, that's what I heard, but can't confirm as truth or not.
Wow, just wow.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not a fan of car dealers doing the service on my vehicles whether it’s a car, boat, jet ski, or snowmobile. I’ve only had a car dealer service performed maybe fifteen times on our vehicles in the last 30 years. Sometimes it’s unavoidable but IMO if you live in a large metro area there is always an independent shop near you that will do quality work and be more “fair” with pricing than the dealer. I just had to take my wife’s Range Rover in to replace the roof top shark fin gps antenna(cracked housing) and it was $240 for the part and $800 for labor. Robbery for something that likely took them 60-90 minutes which is why it’s only the 2nd time it’s been to the dealer for a service or repair in 5 years and 79,000 miles.

FWIW, one of the main attractions of owning a Tesla is the overall reliability and lack of routine services needed. When you do need service it normally can be done by a mobile tech in your driveway/garage. Mine’s only been in to a Tesla service center for service 3 times in 8 years/139,000 miles. Once for brakes at 108k miles, once for the battery, and once for a display screen. All three times I got a low mileage Model S loaner for free.
I agree and disagree, or neither agree nor disagree, that’s all…but…used vehicle private party buyers love documented and verifiable dealership service history with factory parts.

For complex repairs requiring manufacturer training and specific procedures dealership service is a must. Independent shops in all metro areas are just as guilty of the sins that the dealers commit.

Repairing a shark fin antenna requires complete removal of the headliner which in some models contains HVAC ducting and multimedia/lighting electrical components.

As far as Tesla is concerned, meh, to each their own but mobile service is super cool.

Crashingken

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced my filters with K&N filters air and cabin, these will be the last filters you buy. really happy with them and run them in all my vehicles.
What K&N cabin filter did you buy? I can't find the one made for Broncos
Sponsored