Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a fifth grade teacher I spend plenty of time talking to 11 year olds about fairness, kindness, right, and wrong.

Like many of you, over a year ago I reserved a Bronco. I had never heard of allocations, ADM, or @mrlevine. I thought I’d place my $100 deposit, get in line, and wait my turn. After all, that’s what I teach my students. “Wait your turn, and you will get your fair share.”

I have purchased enough cars in my 53 years to know I don’t like the process, but this seemed different. We were told it was different. I was ignorant, and I believed them.

As a teacher in a very high poverty district, I don’t have money to waste, so I chose a discount price from a small town dealer in a neighboring state. I got burned by that. @Ford

I drive a 2005 F150 with 230,000 miles on it, so I can’t wait 6 years for my Bronco, so I believed @mrlevine when he said I could change my dealer. I started that process over 8 weeks ago, and I’m still waiting. I’m convinced I believed the wrong people - again.

Now I find myself thinking of ways to game the system or cut the line, because doing the things I ask my students to do has gotten me nothing but grief, frustration, and embarrassment.

I know some of you will laugh at me or blame me for being so gullible, and maybe you’re correct. This has certainly been a learning experience. I just wanted the truck I had dreamed about for 30 years. I did not expect lessons in patience, disappointment, and corporate misinformation.

Good luck to everyone in line in front of me and behind me. I suspect my students will be driving before I get a Bronco. Maybe I can get a ride from one of them to the dealer for the actual delivery. 🤔
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nailed it. In truth, there most likely be children born on the day you reserved your Bronco, that will enter kindergarten before you and I receive our trucks.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nailed it. In truth, there most likely be children born on the day you reserved your Bronco, that will enter kindergarten before you and I receive our trucks.
Yeah. With over 500 days of this sh*t show under my belt, it’s clear @Ford Motor Company gives not one crap about those of us waiting so long while they screw us with allocations and late res. and walk-in fulfillments. First and last time I buy a new Ford, assuming it ever comes. Right @mrlevine?
Isn’t it car buyers you serve? Or dealers?
Tired of the games.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry that is happening to you, to us. You're not alone.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not your fault.

This is a unique situation and Ford clearly wasn't prepared for it. During "normal" times, Ford works with the dealers and the dealers work with the customer. If a customer ends up with a crappy dealer, then we as the customer can literally just walk out and drive down the road to the next dealer. Super easy because the free market regulates itself and Ford doesn't even have to be involved at all.

The problem right now is Ford created a system in which customers needs to deal directly with Ford to avoid crappy dealers... and it is abundantly clear that Ford was not prepared for that reality. Ford's customer service centers are clearly overwhelmed, not only with the Bronco, but with the F-150 Lightning, Mach-E, and Maverick as well.

And to make matters worse, the component shortages and high levels of inflation are adding buckets of fuel to the fire.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not your fault.

This is a unique situation and Ford clearly wasn't prepared for it. During "normal" times, Ford works with the dealers and the dealers work with the customer. If a customer ends up with a crappy dealer, then we as the customer can literally just walk out and drive down the road to the next dealer. Super easy because the free market regulates itself and Ford doesn't even have to be involved at all.

The problem right now is Ford created a system in which customers needs to deal directly with Ford to avoid crappy dealers... and it is abundantly clear that Ford was not prepared for that reality. Ford's customer service centers are clearly overwhelmed, not only with the Bronco, but with the F-150 Lightning, Mach-E, and Maverick as well.

And to make matters worse, the component shortages and high levels of inflation are adding buckets of fuel to the fire.
Well said. This is one of the best evaluations I've read lately

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously? You rolled the dice with an out of town to save a few bucks and got burned like many others here.

Most of us don’t have money to burn, but some of us are also principled about supporting local businesses and the local economy we live in. Sure, I paid $2K more buying at MSRP than some others here, but that $2K is in my local community where it helps other people I interact with.
I appreciate your perspective. I don’t have a local dealer, so that wasn’t an option. I was trying to explain that I had no idea I was “rolling the dice”. I just thought I was getting in line. I admitted I was totally ignorant of the process. I had no idea how the game was played. Hell, I didn’t know it was a game. You knew more than me, and you won. I’m wiser for the experience.

Sponsored

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on Brother! I changed Dealers a year ago when the one I was registered at told me they were adding 10k to MSRP and required a 10k deposit at time of ordering. The one thing I think this shows is how corrupt this sales model can be. At the end of the day it supports the reform and process that Tesla is using to avoid dealerships and selling direct at established prices. I have custom ordered my trucks in the past, and never had any problems like this. Order a vehicle, agree to the price, wait 8 weeks pay for it and pick it up. I believe Ford has learned from this, as they appear to be modifying the process for reservation orders on the Ford Lightning. Doesn't help us now, but we are the guinea pigs in this process. 516 days and counting!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One only has to go to the Bronco Build and Price web site to gain an understanding of why this is total disaster. Ford can’t even put the B&P website together correctly. The 2021 B&P had multiple errors, and now the B&P 2022 has even more. Something as simple as placing the interior packages in order can’t be accomplished. The fact no one at Ford can take the time to go over the B&P and correct errors speaks volumes as to the Bronco acquisition process. Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave over the current inability to get the companies act together.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate your perspective. I don’t have a local dealer, so that wasn’t an option. I was trying to explain that I had no idea I was “rolling the dice”. I just thought I was getting in line. I admitted I was totally ignorant of the process. I had no idea how the game was played. Hell, I didn’t know it was a game. You knew more than me, and you won. I’m wiser for the experience.
None of us knew what was ahead. The rules changed and the goal post were moved several times. My build date was changed 7 times. Lucky for Ford, there are dyed in the wool Bronco people waiting and not the average truck buyer. I was a first night reservation and I will say that it is worth the wait.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.