Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. Does the 4 door with MGV really have no cup holders in the rear at all? If this is true it seems like a major design oversight. I saw the 2dr has them, but did not find anything on the 4dr

2. Is there any word on sound insulation with the washout floors? I suspect rubber floors will be much louder than carpet but I haven’t really heard anything from Ford on the topic.

Thanks!
I see a lot of ppl worried about cup holder space.. If you look at the nets on the doors, they have Bronco bolts. They said anything with those bolts come off. I could be wrong but I'm assuming there are going to be add ons offered at some point either by Ford or the aftermarket community where you can exchange that space out for another compartment. I'm not sure about the 2nd topic.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we would say back in college "if you need a cup holder (really it was koozie), than you are drinking your "beverage" too slow

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet if you put them head-to-head the rubber floors will lend to a louder environment than the carpeted alternative, but there’s no reason to think it will be unbearable or cacophonous.

Having driven plenty of fleet Ford’s with rubber flooring in the past, I don’t think it should be reason to worry. Furthermore, 4-door washout will still get the smaller carpeted floor mats like in a traditional car, so that will help as well.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I take it from the relative silence on the topic that there isn’t any new info on sound deadening for the rubber floors. Either that or everyone really just wanted to post cup holders memes. 😄

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Th
I bet if you put them head-to-head the rubber floors will lend to a louder environment than the carpeted alternative, but there’s no reason to think it will be unbearable or cacophonous.

Having driven plenty of fleet Ford’s with rubber flooring in the past, I don’t think it should be reason to worry. Furthermore, 4-door washout will still get the smaller carpeted floor mats like in a traditional car, so that will help as well.
Thanks. That’s good info. I was hoping for something more definitive, but that might not be possible at the moment.

I wonder how the washout floors will compare to fleet flooring.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just figured out how to make a couple million bucks in a hurry.....
I'm gonna offer after market cup holders for the Bronco.
Ford Bronco A few questions on MGV and Washout interior for those in the know 1615945976326

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rubber will be sound reflective... if that’s what your asking. I want to believe (and think I saw a post on it) that there will be an insulation under the rubber floor. If your concern is more about sound coming in... the rubber should serve as a dampener from the outside. Probably didn’t answer anything... but I tried

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have come to the conclusion the only thing Americans worry about more than if their meal can have bacon on it, is cup holders. Bacon and cup holders.
Sounds like we (Americans) have our priorities correct.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of ppl worried about cup holder space.. If you look at the nets on the doors, they have Bronco bolts. They said anything with those bolts come off. I could be wrong but I'm assuming there are going to be add ons offered at some point either by Ford or the aftermarket community where you can exchange that space out for another compartment. I'm not sure about the 2nd topic.
This would be correct, if there were Bronco bolts on the rear door. But there aren't.

media.jpg

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This would be correct, if there were Bronco bolts on the rear door. But there aren't.

Ford Bronco A few questions on MGV and Washout interior for those in the know media
Ahh, I see .. they can possibly add 2 more cup spaces to the front which obviously doesn’t solve the rear passengers’ problem unless you want to be handing cups back n forth lol .. someone will make a solution for those with this issue, hopefully

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ahh, I see .. they can possibly add 2 more cup spaces to the front which obviously doesn’t solve the rear passengers’ problem unless you want to be handing cups back n forth lol .. someone will make a solution for those with this issue, hopefully
I’m sure someone will rig up a solution for rear cup holders. Seems silly that you have to in a $55k vehicle though.
Sponsored