Sponsored

A lil mud and DOWN IT GOES AGAIN!! FORD TALK TO ME!!!

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have my 22 Wildtrak and hit a lil mud and down it went. Left me stranded for a SECOND TIME! First time on a trail and the fuel pump gave out. First time in a lil bit of a mud and the whole system went Crazy! Down stranded AGAIN!!! Ford talk to me because 60K plus for a truck that does this is NOT THE BUSINESS!! I dont want your extended warranty, I need something reliable, you promote an off road vehicle that CANT hang!! Talk to me!

71020087846__BC4BF089-1A0D-4F12-AE9C-73024D368DEB.jpeg

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have nightmares about mud and my Bronco :)

Was it super deep mud or did you just hit it hard and send it up into the Alternator?

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have my 22 Wildtrak and hit a lil mud and down it went. Left me stranded for a SECOND TIME! First time on a trail and the fuel pump gave out. First time in a lil bit of a mud and the whole system went Crazy! Down stranded AGAIN!!! Ford talk to me because 60K plus for a truck that does this is NOT THE BUSINESS!! I dont want your extended warranty, I need something reliable, you promote an off road vehicle that CANT hang!! Talk to me!

Ford Bronco A lil mud and DOWN IT GOES AGAIN!! FORD TALK TO ME!!! IMG_3287

Been in all kinds of mud and deep sand. Trashed the bottom out rock crawling and haven't had but one issue. Disconnect the battery and let it sit for a minute or two then reconnect it. I had a steering fault once rock crawling and it made my steering feel like it was an old school non power steering vehicle. Once I reset, it was back to normal and not one problem since.

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have nightmares about mud and my Bronco :)

Was it super deep mud or did you just hit it hard and send it up into the Alternator?
It was mud puddles.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did it leave you stranded? I see the ABS light on, and the traction control is disabled. This shouldn't leave you stranded. Did the engine not start or did the transmission not engage? Curious minds want to know, thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did it leave you stranded? I see the ABS light on, and the traction control is disabled. This shouldn't leave you stranded. Did the engine not start or did the transmission not engage? Curious minds want to know, thanks!
It began with the battery light on and it said check charging system. Right then and there I knew I was in trouble. I dont trust the Bronco, it has left me dead in the middle of a trail about 2 months after I got it. So, soon as it gave me that warning, I left straight home. As I drove it began to throw every code I think the truck has. Check 4x4, check this, check that. My GOAT mode went dead, Bronco wouldnt shift into any mode. Then the windows stop going up and down, then the power steering went off, then the screen and shortly after that and then the transmission stop working. Bronco was in Drive and it just rev’d up. Wouldnt move. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins, tried to get it going again and Nothing. Wouldnt start over, all it would do is vibrate the brake pedal and make a tik tik noise. Called Ford Roadside on the spot. Smh! 4 times Ive taken it out to “off-road” and second time it doesnt make it back home. I have small daughters that get stuck with me. Horrible feeling, its hard to trust it at this point unless Im just going to the mall.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It began with the battery light on and it said check charging system. Right then and there I knew I was in trouble. I dont trust the Bronco, it has left me dead in the middle of a trail about 2 months after I got it. So, soon as it gave me that warning, I left straight home. As I drove it began to throw every code I think the truck has. Check 4x4, check this, check that. My GOAT mode went dead, Bronco wouldnt shift into any mode. Then the windows stop going up and down, then the power steering went off, then the screen and shortly after that and then the transmission stop working. Bronco was in Drive and it just rev’d up. Wouldnt move. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins, tried to get it going again and Nothing. Wouldnt start over, all it would do is vibrate the brake pedal and make a tik tik noise. Called Ford Roadside on the spot. Smh! 4 times Ive taken it out to “off-road” and second time it doesnt make it back home. I have small daughters that get stuck with me. Horrible feeling, its hard to trust it at this point unless Im just going to the mall.
FWIW there is a TSB for this issue...warranty should take care of it. Don't remember the #, but it specifically says alternator failure due to mud intrusion while offroad...found the # TSB 22-2392

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW there is a TSB for this issue...warranty should take care of it. Don't remember the #, but it specifically says alternator failure due to mud intrusion while offroad...found the # TSB 22-2392
This is pretty sad

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is pretty sad
This cover they put on may help with the mud slinging, but its not going to help if you put your Bronco in 3' of muddy water that issue will not go away.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This cover they put on may help with the mud slinging, but its not going to help if you put your Bronco in 3' of muddy water that issue will not go away.
The important thing is that Ford acknowledges the problem so the dealership won't jerk him around. Ya that shield doesn't turn your Bronco into an airboat...at least they tried!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

THANK YOU!!!

PMSAR

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Does anyone know if the Everglades has additional alternator "protection" since Ford claims 37" of water fording (ha ha) capability? If so, could those parts be applied to the other Bronco models?
Sponsored