RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was reading an article from CarAndDriver and had an idea… if we had a breather mod for the rear axle, just having a suspension lift would provide better water fording over stock.

Other than the snorkel on the Bronco Everglades, this is how they got the higher water fording depth:
The front and rear axles, transfer case, and transmission cooling vents are also raised to allow for a maximum of 36.4 inches of water fording depth, 2.9 inches higher than the regular Bronco Sasquatch.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could do this...

Ford Bronco A proposal to improve max water fording depth 1656500794360
and
Ford Bronco A proposal to improve max water fording depth 1656500896308

With all sincerity my concern about fording is not water getting into the diffs, t-case, fuel tank or trans as much as all of the sensors and other wiring connectors under the vehicle. While they are considered "sealed", they aren't water tight. If you intend to do a bunch of (reasonable) water crossings I'd suggest extending the vents for additional insurance and pulling apart any connector that will be under water and packing it full of Motorcraft XG-12 Dielectric grease.

Also remember, headlights and tail lights have small vents that can let water in as easily as help vent moisture vapor out. Not trying to discourage or say Ford's fording is marketing bs, just remember Farley isn't going to come out to the dealer and make the call on a failed part due to water intrusion. I've had concerns about some of this stuff from the beginning and still can't get Ford to put out any type of job aids or information specific to bronco, lifts, modifications, tire/wheels etc.

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where can I find specs on how the Everglades vents are run? I’ve tried several permutations in the search engine and come up dry. Heh.

I want to make sure I go AT LEAST as high as the glades.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where can I find specs on how the Everglades vents are run? I’ve tried several permutations in the search engine and come up dry. Heh.

I want to make sure I go AT LEAST as high as the glades.
You'll need a snorkel then :)

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

and now you will need to address the low slung alternator....
Sponsored