Sponsored

Accessibility (ingress / egress) of Sasquatch package?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For any folks that have checked out a Bronco with the Sasquatch package in person: How was it to get in and out of the vehicle? Assuming it also didn’t have side steps.

I used to have a Silverado, and although it didn’t have 35” tires it was a bit challenging to get in. That being said, the Broncos grab handles will likely make this easier.

Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've not seen one in person sadly, I would have liked to considering I ordered it, but many on here said it was pretty easy to get into if that makes you feel any better. Just in case I got the steps, but they are mostly for my mother lol.

How tall are you.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not seen one in person sadly, I would have liked to considering I ordered it, but many on here said it was pretty easy to get into if that makes you feel any better. but just in case I got the steps, by they are mostly for my mother lol.

How tall are you.
I’m 6 ft. I joked with my fiancé who’s about 5’4” I’d keep a step stool in the vehicle lol. I like the rock rails but not opposed to side steps later if needed. There’s some I really like the look of.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For any folks that have checked out a Bronco with the Sasquatch package in person: How was it to get in and out of the vehicle? Assuming it also didn’t have side steps.

I used to have a Silverado, and although it didn’t have 35” tires it was a bit challenging to get in. That being said, the Broncos grab handles will likely make this easier.

Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!
I sat in a BD with Sasquatch a few weeks back. It was not too bad for me to get into, but a lot of people at the road show we’re having trouble. Not sure if that helps....

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m 6’ and was surprised how easy it was to get into the BD w/Sasquatch I sat in at a dealer event. Required a little pull on the handle, yes, but much easier than I expected.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm 6'2" and just kind of slid into the drivers seat. I thought I would want a step/rock tail but I don't need it. I would think anyone under 6' would have to climb in and maybe want a step. I have a stock F150 4x4 Sport and I have to climb in and use the step. The Bronco is much easier to get into than my F150.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'2" and just kind of slid into the drivers seat. I thought I would want a step/rock tail but I don't need it. I would think anyone under 6' would have to climb in and maybe want a step. I have a stock F150 4x4 Sport and I have to climb in and use the step. The Bronco is much easier to get into than my F150.
That’s interesting... it sounds like your comment on getting into a pick up truck was similar to my experience. Wonder if it’s due to the grab handles on this or a different stance of the vehicle?

That’s good to hear though - thank you!

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 6 ft. I joked with my fiancé who’s about 5’4” I’d keep a step stool in the vehicle lol. I like the rock rails but not opposed to side steps later if needed. There’s some I really like the look of.
I'm 5'6" and saw an FE and a BL on 33" recently. Both were easy for me to get into. I didn't notice a difference from the 33" to the 35", even though the Sasquatch has about an inch higher step in (24" vs 25"). The handle is well positioned to help pull you up.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m 6’ and was surprised how easy it was to get into the BD w/Sasquatch I sat in at a dealer event. Required a little pull on the handle, yes, but much easier than I expected.
I’m also 6’, and having checked out the BD Sasquatch in VA last weekend, I approve this message.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm vertically challenged measuring in at the same height as your fiance. I have climbed in to a couple Sas'd vehicles and without the grab handle it would be tricky, but is fine with the grab bar. As far as a running board, I got the Badland's so the rockrails are built in and I can't add the running boards from the factory and will have to do that aftermarket. At the same time I sat in the Sas'd vehicle I also got to sit in the BL with the 33's and it was damn near the identical height. At 6' however it will be a non-event for you. Hope this is helpful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm vertically challenged measuring in at the same height as your fiance. I have climbed in to a couple Sas'd vehicles and without the grab handle it would be tricky, but is fine with the grab bar. As far as a running board, I got the Badland's so the rockrails are built in and I can't add the running boards from the factory and will have to do that aftermarket. At the same time I sat in the Sas'd vehicle I also got to sit in the BL with the 33's and it was damn near the identical height. At 6' however it will be a non-event for you. Hope this is helpful.
Very helpful, thank you!

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, although the rock rails are cool and in understand their use I got side staps because I think some four doors looks odd without them, Jeeps included. There's just something missing, and the side steps nullify that feeling for me. Plus, as previously mentioned my mom is only 5'4' and i also have a lot of friendswho are way under my height at 6'1' lol

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 5'6" and honestly can't tell you what it was like to get into a squatched four door in Moab. It was easy and natural enough that I don't recall using the grab handle or really anything else special about entry or exit. That is probably a good thing that it doesn't stand out to me.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 5'6" and honestly can't tell you what it was like to get into a squatched four door in Moab. It was easy and natural enough that I don't recall using the grab handle or really anything else special about entry or exit. That is probably a good thing that it doesn't stand out to me.
Could have been the excitement adrenaline kicking in that you finally got to sit in one, lol. But yes, it's probably good that it wasn't a sticking point that you remembered!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm 5'8" and my wife is about the same.

no problems (at least on the driver's side).
we both use the same technique of grabbing the steering wheel
as a pull point when climbing in. Same technique as our old lifted LR.
Sponsored