Sponsored

Active and retired military Bronco owners!

What branch of the military did you serve in?

• Total voters

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USAF Retired (1 May 1995) I guess that makes me an old geezer now. I have a Ford already. A 1942 Ford GPW (jeep) that has been in my possession since about 1981. It is a blast to drive when it is running. Just need to fix the steering gear and it will be good as new (more or less). Currently, my daily driver (at least before COVID) is a 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel. It's a blast to drive. The Bison adds a bunch of armor in Boron Steel. I added a Warn winch, AEV dust snorkel, etc. BUT, I'm really looking forward to the Bronco. When I enlisted in the AF, I had my heart on a Bronco but when I went to the dealership around 1978, I wasn't happy with the new and improved (in my mind much larger version). So I will need to wait a couple of years to get past the "new" first-year run. There's talk about a Bronco truck to compete with the Gladiator. Anyway. looking forward to that first test drive of the Bronco!

Last edited:

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So like many of you here I reached out to MAS to see what could be worked with them. The fella I've been emailing with confirmed what some of you have said here, that basically your reservation goes out the window and any sort of order you make with them is independent of that. I'm not sure exactly how that would play into the delivery timeline, but to me it sounds like it would extend it.

What's more, according to him their incentives will be limited to begin with. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-$1500 below MSRP, which makes me thing a better deal can be found with an earlier delivery date using a CONUS dealership.

He didn't mention anything about reserving a F-150 as a placeholder either so obviously there's some different information floating around. Just wanted to toss in what I've been told.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So like many of you here I reached out to MAS to see what could be worked with them. The fella I've been emailing with confirmed what some of you have said here, that basically your reservation goes out the window and any sort of order you make with them is independent of that. I'm not sure exactly how that would play into the delivery timeline, but to me it sounds like it would extend it.

What's more, according to him their incentives will be limited to begin with. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-$1500 below MSRP, which makes me thing a better deal can be found with an earlier delivery date using a CONUS dealership.

He didn't mention anything about reserving a F-150 as a placeholder either so obviously there's some different information floating around. Just wanted to toss in what I've been told.
I’m interested to see A plan pricing as that’s what I’ve been told the starting point is.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This page has grew a bunch, y’all have tips for a new 2LT going to Vance AFB, Oklahoma for pilot training in May?

topic starters (not limited to):

- military long distance relationship (My lady will be here in San Antonio, TX)
- tips and tricks for IMT, UPT, SERE, all of the above
- things to do in Oklahoma besides wake up and go to sleep
- steps I can take to benefit before I get there (if I had the money a ppl would be on the way)
- steps to engage enlisted force as a pilot, presuming I won’t be allowed/have time to get knuckle busting With them.

there are a million topics that can be covered, and I will be grateful for all views, information, and guidance. I’m undecided on my goal airframe, but would be happy with any fighter, Bomber, or surveillance/reconnaissance aircraft. I really do not want to fly cargo, tankers, or rotary, if I was a single man then why not!

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent 10 years in the Navy as a Nuke stationed on an aircraft carrier and a sub base maintenance facility.
I am going to buy the Badlands 4 door. My first car was a bronco and it might be my daughter’s first car, also.

Visioneer

Wildtrak
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Paceman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Retired USAF IT Officer who thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with you my brothers and sisters in uniform defending this great country. Thanks for your service!

Living in the mid-west...and yes, its flat country but a few sandy places to drive on and parks to camp. Wildtrak plus SAS best suits that for me.

Sponsored

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mad Fox Alum here! You?
Not exactly. I’m an AG who provided -1s for y’all. Also, I knew Gunner Doyle pretty well. Was his 1st Salute when he commissioned.

Rogue Tarheel

Badlands
First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW T2, C10, Silverado, 4Runner, Camaro, Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This page has grew a bunch, y’all have tips for a new 2LT going to Vance AFB, Oklahoma for pilot training in May?

topic starters (not limited to):

- military long distance relationship (My lady will be here in San Antonio, TX)
- tips and tricks for IMT, UPT, SERE, all of the above
- things to do in Oklahoma besides wake up and go to sleep
- steps I can take to benefit before I get there (if I had the money a ppl would be on the way)
- steps to engage enlisted force as a pilot, presuming I won’t be allowed/have time to get knuckle busting With them.

there are a million topics that can be covered, and I will be grateful for all views, information, and guidance. I’m undecided on my goal airframe, but would be happy with any fighter, Bomber, or surveillance/reconnaissance aircraft. I really do not want to fly cargo, tankers, or rotary, if I was a single man then why not!
Former maintainer, prior dual military here.

1. We did the long distance thing (CA and England). It isn't easy, but imagine it's practice for deployments. We spent less than 3 months together our first year of marriage (Those weren't consecutive either!). It wasn't always easy, but it was worth it. We will celebrate 20 years of marriage in January. It can be done if you're willing to work for it.

2. If you want to have a good relationship with maintainers, listen. Don't assume you know more. We partied with our pilots when we went TDY. (I worked mostly 135s.) Buying a round always helped keep things friendly! ?

Rogue Tarheel

Badlands
First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW T2, C10, Silverado, 4Runner, Camaro, Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AF vet, maintainer (E&E)
Hubs is retired AF, Avionics, then Comm
I currently run the house, homeschool (before it was the thing to do), and take care of our farm.
He's a State Dept. contractor.

millsra13

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2019 Toyota 4runner, 2003 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not exactly. I’m an AG who provided -1s for y’all. Also, I knew Gunner Doyle pretty well. Was his 1st Salute when he commissioned.
That’s awesome, He was the gunner when I checked in. Small world.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s awesome, He was the gunner when I checked in. Small world.
Very! Which just makes that eyebrow of his look that much bigger! Lol

Actually miss that guy
Sponsored