Sponsored

Active and retired military Bronco owners!

What branch of the military did you serve in?

• Total voters

Wobblenuts

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey man! I’m prior service af living in FL too. Currently in school at embry-riddle majoring in engineering, and interested in working for Lockheed. Wondering if i can ask u some questions on dm
Yea man, shoot me a message.
Sponsored

mrhaj

Outer Banks
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F350, 12 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Retired Submarine Torpedoman. I reserved a 2 door Outer Banks in either Rapid Red or Area 51, will get the 2.7L and either the High or Lux package.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
USMC CWO4 retired after 22 years of Active Duty. Now I manage procurement for Defense Logistics. I loved my time in the Marines, I miss the people but not the BS.

How can a day take soooooo long to end but, the months fly by!?

I reserved a 2 door Wildtrak. My model might change when the online configuration is available. I know I want the 2.7, hard top (modular white for the win), and auto (both knees getting replaced). I want the rubber and Marine grade vinyl. I assume that is boat type seats and not Jarhead proof.

Thank you all for your service and dedication. Men and woman like you are the best and a blessing to our country.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Recently retired Army, now working logistics/acquisitions.

Reserved a base model, planning on 2.7L, Squatch and some overlanding

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bro you're eligible for the military auto source purchasing. Factory price, no dealership markups/delivery fees plus an automatic rebate lock-in for the lowest rebate until you pick up the bronco. I'll message you the email of my rep and he can help you out if you have more questions.

So I went in yesterday to put down my deposit and lock in my order. They don't have the Bronco available yet in their system so they're locking in base F150's for preapproval of the order since they're similar in price. He added in the comments "4 door Bronco" so their main office will know to account for the Bronco order as Ford has limited MAS numbers until they can gauge how many will be ordered/will sell. It was very easy, I took in my LES and orders and it was $500 to hold my spot in the order queue. He said they price match any lower pricing including A plans and they've only had A plan beat them out twice since he's been working for them. Another perk is after pickup you get a 14 day price match guarantee so if you find a similar model at a dealership for a lower price than you paid you send in the invoice for that vehicle and they'll send you a check on the difference.

I guess the question is, can my Bronco reservation that was given to a random dealer near me, be moved to auto source. Active duty can also get X-plan pricing (employee pricing ) from Ford, but I've been hearing mixed messages if dealers will honor x-plan pricing on the Bronco.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the question is, can my Bronco reservation that was given to a random dealer near me, be moved to auto source. Active duty can also get X-plan pricing (employee pricing ) from Ford, but I've been hearing mixed messages if dealers will honor x-plan pricing on the Bronco.
No you’d have to cancel it and put in an order with them.

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Small world! I’m active Navy, AG... which basically says I’m a weather forecaster. My command issues weather briefs to pilots out of Tinker.... mostly to the Navy side.
Yeah man I'm always amazed how small the world seems! We do a lot more than the weather updates but every OC-ALC employee gets our weather updates and hates them! People that work in offices don't care if we have lighting within 5nm!
I am excited to see how many Broncos we will see around OKC next year!

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you’re stationed overseas you can get factory pricing.
Active duty USAF Firefighter here. Currently approaching the end of a rotation in the lovely sandbox.

You guys just got me super excited to use Military Auto source. I didn’t think I’d be able to use them for the Bronco, and my shop has been closed due to Covid. Just hoping I can get things in motion before I head stateside.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah man I'm always amazed how small the world seems! We do a lot more than the weather updates but every OC-ALC employee gets our weather updates and hates them! People that work in offices don't care if we have lighting within 5nm!
I am excited to see how many Broncos we will see around OKC next year!
Witch is pretty much daily! When in school, it was at an AFB in MS. We got tired of the “shelter in place” because of lighting within 5... As Navy, we still went outside lol

Sponsored

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not at all. You just have to start your order when you’re overseas. Couple hundred bucks locks you in with a customer #.
Military auto sure went so well for me.... A soon as I mentioned bronco they discontinued communications with me.... sad but I tried.

Last edited:

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll jump in, USMC Vet ‘02 to ‘05 due to Navy Docs not wanting to repair my shoulder. Was a ‘31 (machinegunner) and with B/1/5 Weapons with intentions of going MECEP to fly birds of the rotor variety.

Reading these posts I weep knowing I’d be two years from retirement had I just taken a desk job they’d offered ? amazing how good Tricare looks as you get older!

Reserved a 4DR Badlands but trying to decide to keep or toss it due to space for the three little ones in the backseat. At least I’m in line though!

If we stay the course, torn between the Black Diamond and Badlands dependent on how each builds up once the configurator goes live next month.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Military Intelligence/Linguist Paratrooper. 90-96. Now I work at a place that makes the true off-road vehicles

IMG_2115.jpg

OldMP

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Retired from Army in 2012. Spent most of it as military police. Live in Florida and Wildrak seems best suited to the beach life. Work in physical therapy now. Spent off time drowning shrimp trying to catch the next big one.
Sponsored