Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I got a chance to drive my friends Badlands SAS. He added the Sport GOAT mode via forscan and I tried it out, but it didn’t feel the same as Sport on my 23 Wildtrak. I mainly drive in Sport so I’ve gotten accustomed to it over these past 1000 miles and this wasnt the same. The throttle response felt like the only slight change, it didn’t seem to linger in the higher RPMS and tighten the steering. Anyone else with experience on this? I wanted to add rock crawl to my wildtrak but I feel like its kinda pointless now, especially without the disco bars.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put Baja on my black diamond, though I haven’t driven in it in that mode just confirmed it would switch and have nothing to compare it to but that is interesting. Typically you notice a pretty substantial change. Same engine?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got a chance to drive my friends Badlands SAS. He added the Sport GOAT mode via forscan and I tried it out, but it didn’t feel the same as Sport on my 23 Wildtrak. I mainly drive in Sport so I’ve gotten accustomed to it over these past 1000 miles and this wasnt the same. The throttle response felt like the only slight change, it didn’t seem to linger in the higher RPMS and tighten the steering. Anyone else with experience on this? I wanted to add rock crawl to my wildtrak but I feel like its kinda pointless now, especially without the disco bars.
I have added sport mode to my Badlands and it is quite a bit different than regular mode on the street. Steering gets real tight, MPG drops to single digits and the Bronco stays high RPM at all times. Not sure why your experience was different.. I have a 2021 4 door Badlands Sas/Lux

OP
OP
Darrow

Darrow

Wildtrak
First Name
Darrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put Baja on my black diamond, though I haven’t driven in it in that mode just confirmed it would switch and have nothing to compare it to but that is interesting. Typically you notice a pretty substantial change. Same engine?
yepp same engine both SAS. Maybe it came down to the suspension in the 23 wildtrak?

I have added sport mode to my Badlands and it is quite a bit different than regular mode on the street. Steering gets real tight, MPG drops to single digits and the Bronco stays high RPM at all times. Not sure why your experience was different.. I have a 2021 4 door Badlands Sas/Lux
well that’s good to know. Maybe he did something wrong. His is a MY21 with significantly more miles and I’m sure there’s dozens more variables that can go into play. Tempted to try adding rock crawl to my WT now…

Pokey2023

Badlands
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, I cant even add sport mode to my 2023 Badlands using forscan, error msg saying that missing secury key...
any idea's ?

Sponsored

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added Sport. Drove in it yesterday. Definitely increase throttle response, tightens steering and lingers in a lower gear at high RPMs longer.

I doubt it's as smart as some of the German 'sport' systems I drive that learn your driving characteristics and adjust their outputs to that, but I could be wrong and that may be why it was slightly different for you in your friends car?

Maybe somebody here knows more about Ford's ECU programming and BUS systems.

Pokey2023

Badlands
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forscan Beta does not let me in to add sport mode on 2023 Badlands.
newest version does let me in but says missing security key to add it.
Any ideas ?
Also, any way to have gears always show in display like in manual mode ?

killerkeith

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should non sas broncos bother getting rock crawl and baja modes? I was thinking, what if I need to drive over a curb to get in my mall parking spot? Rock crawl for sure?
Sponsored