Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome project. Thanks for sharing!!!

I have a Badlands and one of the things that has always bothered me with Ford's implementation of the stabilizer bar disconnect is that it only works in 4-low and 4-high. It does not work in 4-auto or 2-high. I find that an interesting choice by Ford as the Jeep Wrngler Rubicon will allow the sway bar to be disconnected even in 4-auto.

I like the sway bar to be disconnected while travelling on rough dirt roads even when I don't need 4-wheel drive because of the improved ride quality. There is much less side-to-side motion when it is disconnected. Unfortunately, I must always be in 4-wheel drive to disconnect it. It would be nice to be able to disconnect it in 4-auto and even 2-wheel drive.

So my question is this. If I hook my stabilizer bar up the way you did (bypassing the hero switch), will I get constant warnings telling me that I need to service my stabilizer bar? And could it be connected up to the hero button that is already there instead of using an Aux switch?

Thanks for any info!!!

You will not be able to use the Hero switch as this is surface mounted and connected to the canbus - it's not a switch that you can just unplug and hook some new wires to and route them some place different.

Also, I would suspect if you wired up the stabilizer disconnect direct to an upfitter switch like I did you would trigger all kinds of alerts and warnings on your dash. I don't have this problem because, obviously, my Wild Track doesn't know anything about a stabilizer disconnect .

But then again....maybe not. The computer might not even be "looking" at the pressure sensors if it thinks the stabilizer bar disconnect is not currently engaged. It might only monitor those sensors when the hero switch is actually turned on. So it's very possible by sneaking a bypass like this the computer won't even notice.

You'd have to just tap into the wires per my diagram in the video above with a temporary 12v wire and try it and see what happens. If your dash doesn't light up like Christmas Day - you may have just stumbled on to a wicked cool hack that a lot of BL guys would love to emulate.

Bypassing "Nanny Ford's" restrictions on the stabilizer bar disconnect. LOVE IT!!!!
Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone know the wire connector used for the wiring harness on these? Specifically for the power/ground connector

Found one but it doesn't have a wiring harness. Understandable Ill be cutting up the harness anyways soif I could figure out what type of plug it is I could maybe just get the female side plug for the 2x power/grounds

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can confirm, this is a very do able install if you can find a decently priced disconnect. Easy install, wiring a bit tricky to not run near exhaust or fdu. Installed on sas big bend on aux 1

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know the wire connector used for the wiring harness on these? Specifically for the power/ground connector

Found one but it doesn't have a wiring harness. Understandable Ill be cutting up the harness anyways soif I could figure out what type of plug it is I could maybe just get the female side plug for the 2x power/grounds
I found this connector on ebay that fits. I'll be wiring mine up tomorrow most likely.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254762922777

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice and thanks for the info I’m going to try to tackle this tomorrow. The physical install is no problem. With the info for the wiring should be a cake walk. routing the wires safely will be the most time consuming part.

Sponsored

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we know for sure that the wiring harness is not tucked up in our broncos somewhere for this? The wiring for other options is present. Just curious.

The PN for the dash switches (Hero Buttons) is; M2DZ13D730CA

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have this skid plate, may be spendy to ship to ya
I got the OEM skids off of a badlands, and my big bend doesn't use this one, nore can I mount it without the hydro disconnect
You can use the skid just need the mounts from a badlands. I do have an extra set of sell for cheap and shipping. I put the badlands onky skid on my obx just for extra protection. When I did the sway bar install mine came with the mounts.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do we know for sure that the wiring harness is not tucked up in our broncos somewhere for this? The wiring for other options is present. Just curious.

The PN for the dash switches (Hero Buttons) is; M2DZ13D730CA
the wiring harness is definitely not there on my OBX.
Sponsored