First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO WILDTRAK BLUE 4D
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, I just got my wildtrak in and I love it. I did make a mistake in getting it instead of a badlands with the auto disconnect sway bar.

so wondering if I can buy the part from ford and install it and the button on my wildtrak?

thanks!
Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think there might be more to it to properly getting it integrated than installing it and putting in a button. If memory serves, and BL owners can chime in, I believe the disconnect auto engages with the rock crawl (whichever it is) mode, and automatically disengages over 20mph. The wildtrack would need to be programmed, (not sure if forscan can integrate the disconnect) to accommodate at the very least these 2 things.

I don't know for sure, but there is computer automation to account for.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The biggest challenge in my mind is if the wiring would be there. The computer is all set up for it. At minimum you may have to use an six switch. They made it work on a bench at a show so it can definitely be made functional independently. I’d like to add the factory front locker even if I had to have it in a separate switch and not the dash switches.

OP
OP

M3FANATIC1

Wildtrak
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think there might be more to it to properly getting it integrated than installing it and putting in a button. If memory serves, and BL owners can chime in, I believe the disconnect auto engages with the rock crawl (whichever it is) mode, and automatically disengages over 20mph. The wildtrack would need to be programmed, (not sure if forscan can integrate the disconnect) to accommodate at the very least these 2 things.

I don't know for sure, but there is computer automation to account for.
I didn’t think about the computer side of it. Good point.

Sponsored
OP
OP

M3FANATIC1

Wildtrak
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, I just got my wildtrak in and I love it. I did make a mistake in getting it instead of a badlands with the auto disconnect sway bar.

so wondering if I can buy the part from ford and install it and the button on my wildtrak?

thanks!
So maybe just an after market sway hydro sway bar would be the way to go.

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've wondered about the possibility of setting up an electronic sway bar disconnect, and wiring it to an aux switch. I'd like to add a front camera and use an aux switch for that too.

Seems doable 🤔

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The biggest challenge in my mind is if the wiring would be there. The computer is all set up for it. At minimum you may have to use an six switch. They made it work on a bench at a show so it can definitely be made functional independently. I’d like to add the factory front locker even if I had to have it in a separate switch and not the dash switches.
039FBD7E-919C-4E77-B838-E6E1C693A433.png

A7532348-AA26-4ADB-B687-E9F6C40AD31A.png

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A manual disco does the same thing, is way cheaper and way more reliable. The Ford demos are cool, but they are not realistic. I've never been on a trail where you have to constantly connect and disconnect the sway bar. You get to the trailhead, disconnect, and re connect when u are done.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh I’ve seen it lol right now I’m waiting for warranty work as my dealer claims I need a new front diff. I’m not altering anything until they get my ride sorted out. I have thought of seeing if they would apply the $ of a stock unit towards an upgrade but it’s not looking promising.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I’ve seen it lol right now I’m waiting for warranty work as my dealer claims I need a new front diff. I’m not altering anything until they get my ride sorted out. I have thought of seeing if they would apply the $ of a stock unit towards an upgrade but it’s not looking promising.
Hopefully they will let you put in the upgraded front dif by paying the difference, but I can understand why they wouldn't. Maybe you can but the upgraded parts and have them installed for you as the labor is already covered under your warranty. Then take the warrantied part and sell it back to the dealership as a part on hand. Of course you would not get full value, but if you got $500 out of the deal, it would be something.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully they will let you put in the upgraded front dif by paying the difference, but I can understand why they wouldn't. Maybe you can but the upgraded parts and have them installed for you as the labor is already covered under your warranty. Then take the warrantied part and sell it back to the dealership as a part on hand. Of course you would not get full value, but if you got $500 out of the deal, it would be something.
Thing is even if they will it’s still pricey according to the accessories page the front drive shaft and the cv shafts are different plus regearing the rear end as I’m sure they won’t let it roll out without it. I’d rather regear the rear myself to save a few $$ . I haven’t seen a 4.27 front locker. I’ve asked them at this point 🤷‍♂️

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thing is even if they will it’s still pricey according to the accessories page the front drive shaft and the cv shafts are different plus regearing the rear end as I’m sure they won’t let it roll out without it. I’d rather regear the rear myself to save a few $$ . I haven’t seen a 4.27 front locker. I’ve asked them at this point 🤷‍♂️
Bummer. I have a Non-SAS Black Diamond in production right now, so I have the 4.46 gearing. I’m hoping to do this upgrade in the future. Maybe you can pull some axles from a bone yard in the near future from a SAS or Badlands to give you the gearing and locking Difs that you want 😊
Sponsored

Last edited: