Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TheHitmanHenson so these boxes run android and have Play Store connection... So basically any app can run on it? Interested in playing Plex
That is correct. One thing to note the hardware is crap and cannot do much more than 360p. Anything higher the hardware cannot keep up.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any reason to get the Android 9 vs the Android 7 for $50 less? I don't know much about Android version lifespans and I don't need to split screen, but the wireless carplay seems nice to free up a USP port?

EDIT: Of course I say this to quibble over $50 after just ordering $2k worth of accessories I'll use a handful of times a year and I would use this every time the kids are in the car.

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any reason to get the Android 9 vs the Android 7 for $50 less? I don't know much about Android version lifespans and I don't need to split screen, but the wireless carplay seems nice to free up a USP port?
I got the 7.... and it's all good!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But I can live stream myself being badass and watch it on screen at the same time....."Mind Blown"!!!!

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tapped into the auxiliary wiring via the glove box to power a USB multiport splitter. USB multiports are not recognized via the single usb port, pending on your model Bronco. This is a simple job and is well worth it. If you plan on running more than one dash or interior powered accessory, it eliminates what could end up being a mess of cables running from the single usb port or center console power ports. I also wanted the ability to install my Alexa Auto, still working on its location, and my multi-mmb box, installed under seat, to watch TV, cable, etc. The wiring/cables can be easily tucked away, just remember to ground the initial hub/accessory. Another dash powered solution was to secure my portable power bank to the dash. Many of these units can last a very long time without recharging, or you may consider a solar powered power bank. This helps with those wanting to use their phones as temporary dash cams or any other device that requires power. It's always nice to have a clean look without all those cables. Although the only cables you'll now have are the ones coming from the multiport to your devices. The unit you see in the glove box is a hard wired phone holder from my minibike. It's temporary but whatever you decide on can be hidden behind the glove box. All cables, and pending on the device, can be stowed/hidden away.

20211002_163155.jpg

20211002_164250.jpg

20211002_164513.jpg

20211002_164519.jpg

20211002_164929.jpg

20211002_163113.jpg

20211002_163057.jpg

20211002_163138.jpg

20211002_181838.jpg

20211002_180922.jpg

20211002_180841.jpg

20211002_180831.jpg

20211002_164758.jpg
‘thanks that’s pretty cool, do you think there is a way to record when the vehicle is in a rock crawl mode etc when the front video camera is activated ?

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trust me, you need this. Like I said, I have alot of downtime in my bronco whether it's picking up my daughter from school or practice, or just going to my truck for a break from whatever little league event I'm watching......I never watch it while driving or just sitting in traffic....... that would just be terrible and against all traffic laws. I am just a stickler for following rules!!!!! Hold on, I'm driving right now and need to watch the playoff game......I mean listen to the radio and check the score.

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
‘thanks that’s pretty cool, do you think there is a way to record when the vehicle is in a rock crawl mode etc when the front video camera is activated ?
Not sure, but worth looking into. Besides the obvious, setting up a mount, possibly cup holder mount, to record the screen via go pro, dash cam, or phone.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure, but worth looking into. Besides the obvious, setting up a mount, possibly cup holder mount, to record the screen via go pro, dash cam, or phone.
well besides that 😎

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so doesn’t the radio already work with wireless carplay? All this adds is some external video correct?

OP
OP
TheHitmanHenson

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so doesn’t the radio already work with wireless carplay? All this adds is some external video correct?
The box does, yes.. The usb splitter allows multiple devices to be run simultaneously. The one stock USB port under dash will not recognize a USB splitter for multiple devices.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The box does, yes.. The usb splitter allows multiple devices to be run simultaneously. The one stock USB port under dash will not recognize a USB splitter for multiple devices.
I am just asking about the mmb, I thought that the sync supports wireless CarPlay. But it is a really cool feature!

Last edited: