Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are many dealers that are honest and reputable. They build their business on loyalty. Those are great. There are others that have managers looking for the quick money. If you have a signed agreement, the Bronco shows up, and the dealer can sell to someone else for $10k more. The original ordering customer has two options: (1) pay the ADM; or (2) walk away and sue the dealer. Now for all the legaL scholars on this thread... what are the breach of contract damages? If they are more than the ADM, then you are in big claims (discovery, motions, etc... over a year normally but in COVID 2 years). If you are only claiming the ADM amount, you are in small claims, no truck, maybe a judge buys that is the damages (likely not).

So, is your signed contract really that great for you In that situation? The only hammer is Ford. The number of people that think suing is a practical solution are delusional.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford canā€™t sell directly to customers so there is little to nothing they can do.
I understand this, but I feel like itā€™s an issue they will approach or try to improve.

Or, they wonā€™t do a damn thing at all lol

by the way, no they canā€™t sell direct, but they do a lot of -if you want that, you have to do this

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please explain. Most of use have no issue saying who we are and here to help folks either with an order or information. When other dealers f customers it turns into, ā€œall dealers are crooksā€, and is a ladel we have to push back against.
Iā€™m referring to those stellar individuals who come here to complain about customers complaining, or to berate customers about how little they know.

You are not at all whom I was referring to, Flip. Thanks for your many contributions, seriously.

For the simple reason alone that Ford would be putting the already faulty tops fate and ultimate customer satisfaction squarely on the shoulders of dealers who - did not create the problem, may not be properly trained to handle installations and/or have the capacity to, and do not want to be the QC police for Ford.

For a company that dropped the ball on the initial QC. Passing the QC buck on to dealers and shipping out vehicles that are currently substandard quality to the public that is already weary of production issues would be suicide.

Hard no from me - but I'm also not part of #badbatch and would probably feel different if my vehicle were sitting at the lot.

As painful as it could be for processing. Ford ought to give those with built vehicles the option to choose.
So your proposal is to ship not-yet-completed Broncos that have not been released from manufacturing to dealerships so the dealership can store the Bronco at their storage lot vs. Ford's.

Then have a bulky top be shipped to dealers all over North America for installation.

That, versus storing the unfinished production near the MAP production facility, which has an addendum 1.3M square foot assembly facility that was set up by FoMoCo specifically for installing post-production accessories. So, instead of shipping replacement MIC tops in bulk from the nearby Webasto production facility to the MAP addendum facility, you think it is less expensive for Ford to create a logistics nightmare and disperse top shipments all across North America.

Good plan.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m referring to those stellar individuals who come here to complain about customers complaining, or to berate customers about how little they know.

You are not at all whom I was referring to, Flip. Thanks for your many contributions, seriously.
I get that, just wondered who the other dealers were that havenā€™t IDā€™d themselves as such and are stirring the pot.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely understand what you're saying. But it doesn't change the fact that Ford is promising price protection that really doesn't have any meaning here. So the MSRP stays the same, it's still really a false promise to "end" customers because they really have no control over the pricing to "end" customers. In order for it to have any validity at all, your deal must be linked to MSRP (above or below). Most people ordering a Bronco, like myself, are most likely special ordering a new vehicle for the first time ever and price protection seems like a good promise. But most of us don't understand how this whole sham of middle men dealers work. Even if I have a price "deal" worked out with a "dealer", what happens if they say no "deal", it's now +10k. What recourse do I have. I have price protection from Ford that means absolutely nothing. That was really my point. I'm certainly not signing a contract for a vehicle before seeing it and no finance terms are worked out especially with no delivery date in sight.

I don't normally post much but this "price protection" promise kinda ruffled my feathers a little bit. Ford should promote that they offer no increase in price to the dealers. Otherwise it's a bit shady to me. Just expressing my feeling on the matter.
I get tour point. Price Protection will be directly related to the quality and ethics of the dealer. Iā€™m glad I hitched my wagon to one I can trust. šŸ™‚
Sponsored