Sponsored

Schomp Ford in Aurora Colorado now charging ADM on previously placed custom orders.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crash it on the test drive.

Ford Bronco Schomp Ford in Aurora Colorado now charging ADM on previously placed custom orders. 900E9854-1846-42FF-87D2-4EC40A0E23E4
Sponsored

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LCW

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you check the OP’s post history he already has a First Edition and his wife has a Badlands. Now he has a Black Diamond order soon to come in.

I think OP is leaving some important details out…
Maybe the third is for one of the kids?

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe the third is for one of the kids?
Could be a family of super fans lol. It’s possible that someone is buying three Broncos for their own family but I can see why it’d raise the dealership’s suspicions. I am against stealerships charging last minute ADM of course but if it’s on a flipper who has already got 3 then I really dgaf.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could be a family of super fans lol. It’s possible that someone is buying three Broncos for their own family but I can see why it’d raise the dealership’s suspicions. I am against stealerships charging last minute ADM of course but if it’s on a flipper who has already got 3 then I really dgaf.
Yeah. What is amazing is that anyone could order and receive 3 Broncos when so many can’t get their first day reservation built.

OP
OP
NotaJeep

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah. What is amazing is that anyone could order and receive 3 Broncos when so many can’t get their first day reservation built.
Hey everyone, here is some additional information. Long story as short as I can.
I am a super fan of Broncos, my first was a rusty 75 EB with three on the tree bought in Laramie WY for $1600. My wife and I reserved the first night. Meant to reserve with another dealer but the system was wonky and we were just happy we got reservations after several hours of trying. We both had FE reservations, but after more details came out (mod top delete, double the # to 7000, etc) we decided to only order one Bronco of our two reservations and to go with a Badlands non Sas. I let the dealer know that we would hold our other reservation for now and maybe order a 22 after we had a chance to actually see a Bronco in real life. Badlands order went fine, then a few weeks later an email from Ford said congrats on your FE order confirmation. The dealer placed the FE order anyway. At that point we didn't get mad, just figured we would buy the one that came in first or maybe both if we really liked them. Then both ended up on Dirt Mountain with hard top issues. I was pretty bummed that both of our orders were sitting and I was convinced that a re-tooling and re-design would take months if not years to fix...so I ordered a back up Bronco with none of the constraint items. A basic 2.3 BD with soft top and nothing else. The dirt mountain Broncos were released late fall, we ended up buying both and selling our Jeep and F-150. Then came the email that our BD was scheduled...then built...then shipped. We sat down and decided that having a FE and a Badlands was not fiscally right for us and we would get rid of one and buy the Black Diamond. I am not a flipper. If the dealer had not used my reservation without permission I wouldn't have been put in a position to either let the dealer sell at a huge ADM or buy a second Bronco. My guess on how i've had three broncos shipped vs others is maybe this dealership has a large allocation due to the old ownership (Big Mike) but not many orders because of the ownership change... don't know. Details aside. I ordered a BD Bronco with agreement at MSRP and I plan to buy that Bronco at MSRP...and drive it. If not I plan to use all resources available. I wasn't mad earlier but I'm mad now.

Sponsored

Twuntish

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not all dealerships are terrible in Colorado. I continue to have great success with Sill Terhar, first with my Mach E order and delivery, now it has been a great experience so far with the Bronco order.

But Schomp is terrible. My elderly parents bought a F150 from them last year (had I known beforehand I would have taken them to Sill Terhar). They were in the area and just stopped in Schomp Ford. They bought the new F150 and got pressured into every protection plan possible, no big deal that’s what dealerships do. When I found out about the protection plans, I helped them work on cancelling all of them within the 30 day window. Easy process, just email the plan company and they cancel and send the money back to the dealership. Well I got confirmation of cancelling at the end of October and a note saying funds will be back at the dealer in 4-6 weeks. It took until February, multiple unanswered emails from their GSM Travis Taggert, and finally a threat to get Ford involved before the funds were returned. Schomp basically just sat on the $5k refund since mid December and wasn’t going to proactively resolve it. It is kind of ridiculous it took that much to get the refund back. I worry for all the people who have deposits with them and won’t get their deposits back easily if they want to walk away from an order due to this ADM bullshit.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone, here is some additional information. Long story as short as I can.
I am a super fan of Broncos, my first was a rusty 75 EB with three on the tree bought in Laramie WY for $1600. My wife and I reserved the first night. Meant to reserve with another dealer but the system was wonky and we were just happy we got reservations after several hours of trying. We both had FE reservations, but after more details came out (mod top delete, double the # to 7000, etc) we decided to only order one Bronco of our two reservations and to go with a Badlands non Sas. I let the dealer know that we would hold our other reservation for now and maybe order a 22 after we had a chance to actually see a Bronco in real life. Badlands order went fine, then a few weeks later an email from Ford said congrats on your FE order confirmation. The dealer placed the FE order anyway. At that point we didn't get mad, just figured we would buy the one that came in first or maybe both if we really liked them. Then both ended up on Dirt Mountain with hard top issues. I was pretty bummed that both of our orders were sitting and I was convinced that a re-tooling and re-design would take months if not years to fix...so I ordered a back up Bronco with none of the constraint items. A basic 2.3 BD with soft top and nothing else. The dirt mountain Broncos were released late fall, we ended up buying both and selling our Jeep and F-150. Then came the email that our BD was scheduled...then built...then shipped. We sat down and decided that having a FE and a Badlands was not fiscally right for us and we would get rid of one and buy the Black Diamond. I am not a flipper. If the dealer had not used my reservation without permission I wouldn't have been put in a position to either let the dealer sell at a huge ADM or buy a second Bronco. My guess on how i've had three broncos shipped vs others is maybe this dealership has a large allocation due to the old ownership (Big Mike) but not many orders because of the ownership change... don't know. Details aside. I ordered a BD Bronco with agreement at MSRP and I plan to buy that Bronco at MSRP...and drive it. If not I plan to use all resources available. I wasn't mad earlier but I'm mad now.
Well hopefully you can explain that position with the dealer, get it figured out and trade in the Bronco there in good faith. I will admit, the position taken by Schomp here is pretty noble. It might be over the line a touch in assuming you’re doing something to benefit yourself and I too would be annoyed. But I appreciate they have the morals enough to stand up for their customers if they felt someone was gaming the system to hurt others.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've shopped every single dealer in the state and not a single one would commit to MSRP in writing.
Sil TerHar quoted me MSRP and i signed my order there. Not sure your statement is absolutely true. Full disclosure, I haven’t even got scheduled yet……my build has most of the constraints and I am still waiting. Day 3 res and March 17, 2021 order.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still don't really have any sympathy for OP, especially now that it's his 3rd Bronco. Thousands of us are waiting for ours just as long and have nothing.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So in a nutshell….you received 2 Broncos. Flipped 1 of them. Now back in here dragging the dealers name through the mud because they will not sell you your 3rd Bronco for MSRP.

You saw an opportunity to buy the 2nd Bronco and sell for a profit instead of just letting it go to the dealer. This forum has 1000’s of folks waiting and you are whining about 5k markup on your 3rd Bronco after flipping 1 already. Get out of here with those champagne problems.

I am opposed to surprise ADM’s on orders but not 3rd orders when the customer has already flipped one lol

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is resolved you might want to update the title and the 1st post. Many of the later comments don't seem to know that. People may start hammering your dealership with negative reviews which could complicate things..
Min Ahn is not the OP

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong. But feel free to show me where someone had a signed purchase agreement got an added ADM.
This one is similar to OP in that the dealer suspected the customer of being a flipper. The detailed purchase agreement, complete with signature, specific VIN of the Bronco (something that even most folks with a purchase agreement don't have), and paid $1k deposit was not enough to get the dealer to honor the deal.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aler-to-report-virden-ford-in-manitoba.31592/

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a BD Bronco with agreement at MSRP and I plan to buy that Bronco at MSRP...and drive it. If not I plan to use all resources available.
What form did this agreement to sell at MSRP take? Verbal, text, email, signed contract?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This one is similar to OP in that the dealer suspected the customer of being a flipper. The detailed purchase agreement, complete with signature, specific VIN of the Bronco (something that even most folks with a purchase agreement don't have), and paid $1k deposit was not enough to get the dealer to honor the deal.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aler-to-report-virden-ford-in-manitoba.31592/
I remember that...but there were a few unique things to that deal. Not saying the dealer wasn't unethical and wrong, but this wasn't a reservation to begin with and the dude had another Bronco.