Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read Ford's email prior to ordering which stated to have a purchase agreement with the dealer prior to ordering. So, that's exactly what I did and what they and I signed. My local dealers would not sell at Invoice, so I shopped around and went with a dealer who would...even though that dealer is about 500 miles away.

Bronco 2a.jpeg
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, its not a Ford problem. Ford sells to the dealer. The dealer chooses what cost/prices they want to pass on to you.

For example, my window sticker shows a $1,400 destination fee. My dealer is not charging me that on my written agreement.

Take your issue to your dealer, because Ford isn't going to do anything more than what they have already outlined.
You might be legally correct, but you are incorrect when it comes to the spirit of the agreement. Ford touted a customer rsvp/ordering model. With that comes a level of responsibility not seen prior in the customer relationship.

If Ford desires their new business model to work, then they have to protect the customers from dealerships that retaliate with ADM.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you hadnā€™t noticed how many dealers have accounts here. They try to blend in like customers but their comments make it fairly obvious.
Please explain. Most of use have no issue saying who we are and here to help folks either with an order or information. When other dealers f customers it turns into, ā€œall dealers are crooksā€, and is a ladel we have to push back against.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reputable dealers don't operate this way. If you have a deal in writing they should honor it. It makes the @Granger Ford, @flip, and my dealership look bad.
Happy to have some extra encouraging news....you aren't planning on leaving Serramonte any time soon are ya? :sneaky:

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ask yourself this, is Ford selling the vehicle to the public or is it the dealership? The dealer is purchasing from Ford for resale. The agreement/contract should be between the buyer and the dealership. I don't see how Ford is responsible, legally, to instruct, or enforce the dealer to sell the vehicle for a specific price. Mind you, I'm just looking at this from a business standpoint.
Who dictates the selling price? Basically, you better get the deal in writing, not an order, but a purchase agreement that details the total deal. Even a $1 deposit on top of that would help solidify the agreement.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I long for the day I can order my car on Amazon and itā€™s on my doorstep the next day.

There is no other purchase that is as dysfunctional as buying a car.

ADMs, extreme lowballing on trade ins, hidden fees, BS add ons etc, itā€™s just a sleazy industry and always has been, with some exceptions. If there are a few dealers that can be truly honest and transparent, why not more?

OP paid the $5k ADM further rewarding bad behavior. I dont know what I would have done.

Dealers are franchises and represent Ford. They ARE Ford to customers who buy and have their vehicles serviced at dealerships. Ford is absolutely affected by how dealers treat their customers and Ford should care About whatā€™s going on.

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Perhaps Ford should deliver direct to consumers in some cases. When you reserve a vehicle on line, there is no way the dealer should be able to add an ADM. That particular dealer would never, ever get my business again. Not only vehicle purchases, but service as well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I read Ford's email prior to ordering which stated to have a purchase agreement with the dealer prior to ordering. So, that's exactly what I did and what they and I signed. My local dealers would not sell at Invoice, so I shopped around and went with a dealer who would...even though that dealer is about 500 miles away.

Ford Bronco ADM is now a Ford problem Bronco 2a
Ford Bronco ADM is now a Ford problem hhy7

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The key word is "suggested." A dealer is free to set the retail price of the products it sells. A dealer can set the price at the MSRP or at a different price, as long as the dealer comes to that decision on its own. However, the manufacturer can decide not to use distributors that do not adhere to its MSRP.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% not a dealer here and I think itā€™s shady if a dealer raises your price IF you have an agreement. That being said I actually do feel bad for sales folks right now. I deal with local dealerships and live in a relatively small community. I'm dealing with people i know i see them around town, i legitimately don't think they are trying to rip people off. They are trying to make a living and support their families and they are in a very tough position right now. I was on two car lots today one had 8 new cars the other had 11, both the dealerships both normally have over 100 cars. If your livelihood is based on moving product and you have no product to move it's a tough situation to be in. I think there are some bad apples out there (there is one dealership around me i 100% wouldn't deal with) but in 2021 with the amount of information that is available on the internet both for pricing and dealer reviews I don't think it behooves a dealer to try to rip people off. I try to live my life by the golden rule and think you can find a lot of honest dealers out there that a handshake is still enough to honor a deal.

āœŒā¤
I understand what you are saying. The irony to all of this is that it wouldnā€™t matter if they had hundreds of cars on their lots you can bet your backside that they would be doing the same thing as they are right now , they would stick an ADM all over that Bronco and laugh all the way to the bank. Keep it real.

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is going to move toward more of a special order system as they can probably save tons of money avoiding discounted vehicles. As we are in the very beginning stages of this now, I feel like the online Ford pricing vs. increased Ford Dealership pricing is something Ford will be addressing at some point.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford is going to move toward more of a special order system as they can probably save tons of money avoiding discounted vehicles. As we are in the very beginning stages of this now, I feel like the online Ford pricing vs. increased Ford Dealership pricing is something Ford will be addressing at some point.
Ford canā€™t sell directly to customers so there is little to nothing they can do.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer.
Iā€™m sorry that your 2nd dealer took advantage of the situation. That is sleazy. Maybe your original dealer wasnā€™t so bad after allā€¦
Sponsored