indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do. I'm not worried. I have mine ordered with Stephens and my point is not about me or my deal. It relates to Ford's guarantee that isn't a guarantee at all because they don't control the end user price. That's the only point I was trying to make. I feel like it is disingenuous and misleading to most.
I agree with you, in that someone maybe not well informed about buying a car, could take that the wrong way. As some kind of set price guarantee.

Otherwise where it can come into play, is for someone like me who made a deal at a certain percentage under invoice. So if the MSRP (and related invoice) stays around the same, then my price would also.

Except I reserved after the magical March 19th date, so Ford doesn't care much about me as customer, and I'll see what happens down the road. If some pricing shenanigans get pulled by Ford jacking MSRP, then I won't buy a Bronco.
Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing to keep in mind is the vast majority of people who have bought a new vehicle NEVER have encountered ADM charges. If you haven't and you were not visiting a site like this, the biggest price most expected was MSRP. You can shake your finger at someone all day long, but the truth of the matter is that for nearly all new vehicle buyers, MSRP is the highest price. If someone makes a post about a surprise ADM charge, they obviously didn't know about that possibility. If you're one of those impacted, I feel for you and welcome to the wonderful world of the Stealership Mafia!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm failing to see how this is Ford's problem. Dealerships are Ford's customers. We're dealership customers.

I mean, yeah, it really sucks, but unless you're planning to bring a class action lawsuit against Ford this really is beyond their control, right?
I don't think Ford is able to do anything about this. There are laws protecting dealers. There's a word commonly used in the collectable vehicle world called "unobtainium". Dealers are well aware there are a lot of desperate people out there now. 5 minutes of reading this forum backs that up. Some dealers will take full advantage of this situation.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that got signed contracts in advance... glad you had choices on dealers that would do that. Good for you and good for the dealer.

But understand, claiming an enforced contract and getting the result you want are two very different things. If you haven’t litigated, you don’t know. If you have litigated, then you should understand the fallacy in having to enforce a contract for $5K. The dealers know it. That is why Ford has to step in. Suing over a contract is not a practical option.
Why not small claims court?
I do. I'm not worried. I have mine ordered with Stephens and my point is not about me or my deal. It relates to Ford's guarantee that isn't a guarantee at all because they don't control the end user price. That's the only point I was trying to make. I feel like it is disingenuous and misleading to most.
That is a horrible point to try and make in the first place. Based on your argument everyone would pay the exact same price MSRP. If this isn't your point it is a have your cake and eat it to argument.

I want to be able to get it cheaper but want it maxed out at a certain price so I can't lose.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We spec’d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
It's ironic on the other forum I posted a response about how dealers are ending up with so many reservations.

I basically stated exactly what happened to you, that people were showing up to pick up their Broncos and finding out dealers wanted ADMs, And so people were walking.

... To which I was drilled about providing proof. Of course the best response to this, is just not to respond.

Sorry for your situation. I'd probably pay an extra $5 if I could have mine right now, but to be hit with it is total BS.

The only people that should be getting ADM right now are those walking in and buying stock builds, not people that had reservations.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As far as I'm concerned once you order that bronco and you put a deposit down that's as good as a signed contract to me because I shook hands with the dealer there were people there that saw it and a handshake is as good as a contract

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would tell them you are going to take another 5k and rent a billboard by the closest interstate and let everyone know the real story. I rent a billboard currently for my business and will absolutely be doing that if they try that with me.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of responsibility to go around on this one.

OP should have gotten agreed to pricing in writing at the time of order.

However, if Ford is going to keep talking about price protection in their apology emails, they do need to take some actual responsibility regarding the prices for which the Bronco is being sold.

A mark up on a Bronco the reservation holder walked away from and is now being sold off the lot is one thing - as is a mark up on the demo models - but a mark up on a delivered order going to the person that ordered it is a little different.

Point is, it's not in Ford's best interest to allow this kind of practice to continue unchecked.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with the OP, that's total crap on the dealers part.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's ironic on the other forum I posted a response about how dealers are ending up with so many reservations.

I basically stated exactly what happened to you, that people were showing up to pick up their Broncos and finding out dealers wanted ADMs, And so people were walking.

... To which I was drilled about providing proof. Of course the best response to this, is just not to respond.

Sorry for your situation. I'd probably pay an extra $5 if I could have mine right now, but to be hit with it is total BS.

The only people that should be getting ADM right now are those walking in and buying stock builds, not people that had reservations.
Sorry if this sounds offensive, but what the heck is wrong with reservationists that they need to be coddled and secured from missteps and have trinkets thrown at them? All a reservationist did was pound a keyboard and make a refundable $100 deposit. Big deal.

One of the first Broncos in my area, sold to some guy off the street, after the reservationist showed up and finally realized what he was buying, and decided no. The worst thing about this Bronco release aside from the hardtop fiasco, is the reservation scheme and reservationists endlessly going on about their "time stamps" and how unfairly they have been treated.

Sorry for the rant, but I actually took the time to view and test drive, and make an informed decision. Like a normal rational person who wants to know for sure what he's buying before making reservations/orders.

Sponsored

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford over promised and under delivered with this product launch. By doing this they've created a target rich environment for unscrupoulous dealers to raid our piggy banks. I'm in sales, it's in violation of our nations fair trade laws for Ford to try and dictate what a dealer can resell their product for. This is why it's called (MSRP) Manufacturer"s Suggested Retail Price. Think of it like this, does anyone complain when the dealer 20 miles down the road under sells your dealer? Does Ford try to step in and keep dealers from discounting heavily to move more units? No they don't because it's illegal, at the end of the day the dealers are Fords direct customers, Ford receives their profit from those dealers doing their job and will not rock that boat. It's the publics fault the dealers feel emboldened to charge the additional markups because someone is always waiting in the shadows to hand them more money so they can be the first on the block to have something different. This is unfortunate and I really feel for the victims of this behavior but there's nothing to be done but take your business somewhere else or refuse to play the dealer markup game and walk away from the product until the environment changes. We in the public shouldn't incentivize this behavior but there's always those that will...

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Plenty of dealers with pricing starting below invoice to MSRP.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quote from Ford's 8-13 email:

"What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer."

Agree with everyone else's comments that this is a BS move on your dealership's part. Call them out in everyway possible in social media, surveys, and in taking your Bronco somewhere else for service.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford over promised and under delivered with this product launch. By doing this they've created a target rich environment for unscrupoulous dealers to raid our piggy banks. I'm in sales, it's in violation of our nations fair trade laws for Ford to try and dictate what a dealer can resell their product for. This is why it's called (MSRP) Manufacturer"s Suggested Retail Price. Think of it like this, does anyone complain when the dealer 20 miles down the road under sells your dealer? Does Ford try to step in and keep dealers from discounting heavily to move more units? No they don't because it's illegal, at the end of the day the dealers are Fords direct customers, Ford receives their profit from those dealers doing their job and will not rock that boat. It's the publics fault the dealers feel emboldened to charge the additional markups because someone is always waiting in the shadows to hand them more money so they can be the first on the block to have something different. This is unfortunate and I really feel for the victims of this behavior but there's nothing to be done but take your business somewhere else or refuse to play the dealer markup game and walk away from the product until the environment changes. We in the public shouldn't incentivize this behavior but there's always those that will...
Wife wanted a Telluride. Found the exact one and went to buy it. It had 5k ADM plus 5k of BS like nitrogen in tires, ceramic coating, theft protection. I walked away and ordered what she wanted from my local dealer. They told me no ADM's or added BS. 6 months later picked it up and gave a rave review to my local dealer and absolutely slammed the dealer. Oh for your Vegas folk, it was TOWBIN. They SUCK. Findlay was great to work with. I'll blast TOBIN every chance I get. Had that happened on an ordered unit, it would lead to someone going bazerk at the dealership.

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point Ford should reinstate X-Plan pricing for all reservation holders before [insert date here].

I realize the dealer could chose to not honor it, but this is a violation of their participation in the plan and they can lose it for all models. This is a knob Ford can turn....I will not be holding my breath.
Sponsored