Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would you have walked away from this??
9E95B270-3C2D-4608-94C0-05358EA34D8E.jpeg
In a heartbeat.
I don't need anything so bad, that I will over pay for it.
I don't mind paying for something expensive, but I won't OVERpay for something expensive.
I also have a very firm understanding of need vs want.
and, it's a 4 door. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a Ford problem. It’s a dealership problem.
It's more of a customer problem. How does anyone not know that buying a car from a dealership, involves negotiation and settling on a firm price? And that by and large, dealerships are trying to get the most money they can from a customer?

Did this rubbish kluge of an early reservation/order system, bring in a lot of persons who don't know how to buy a car? How do people walk away from ordering a car, without having a firm, set and unambiguous price agreed between the buyer and seller?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We spec’d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
Begin directing your complaining to your own state. Have them modify their franchise laws that created the situation. While you say, "I know this topic has been discussed a few times," obviously it's still not clear that Auto manufacturers legally cannot force a dealer to sell a vehicle at a particular price. There's a reason why it's called a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

I suppose, even though "this topic has been discussed a few times," it bears repeating: the dealer can choose whatever price it wants to sell you a vehicle and the time to decide that price is upon ordering, not when the vehicle has arrived, you are desperate to want it and they have other potential customers lined up.

Finally, can you blame the dealer? You paid the price, thereby proving their point.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have my deal in writing with my Dealer regarding final out-the-door price. If I did not have that, would the signed Preview Order hold any sway?? Asking for others that might have had to sign the Preview Order letter as I did. Since it doesn't show ADM there I would think it's safe to assume no ADM later, but I'm not a Lawyer so....
ptqlCkV.jpg
I have the same.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am amazed people order and don't have a price locked in in writing
^This.

OP, what was your reasoning for not getting a signed purchase agreement (or some kind of commitment in writing) when you placed your order? I fail to see how Contracts 101 is a Ford problem, or a dealership problem, it is a self-inflected buyer problem that could have easily been avoided.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great, those that have been waiting for a Bronco for over 13 months get nothing and the dealers will get as many Broncos as they can sell for $20-30k over msrp. Nice job Ford!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Ford keeps touting Price Protection to order holders. Order holders do not have any price protection if the dealer can mark it up however they want.
That's not what price protection is. Price protection is that Ford won't raise the MSRP on your vehicle if you get bumped from 2021 to 2022 (or even 2023). That means, as long as you buy the exact same-equipped 2022 as your 2021 was configured, the MSRP will be the same and therefore your price with your dealer can remain the same, if you locked in your price. Any changes in your configuration will change your final price upward or downward, but the MSRP of those changes would be the same and therefore the net change to your price should align with that.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a Ford problem. It's a dealership and today's society problem.

With that said Ford could if they wanted solve the problem with a dual contract Minimum advertised pricing which is very common, and MSRP as a maximum selling price. Would require massive buttplug verbiage and thousands of pages of legal crap. And absurd $$$ spent on more corporate legal horseshit.

Or just remove dealers from the selling process all together, but that would greatly anger every dealership in existence.
State Franchise laws prohibit what you are suggesting.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering I ordered a two-door, hard top in a different color (and probably several other options), yes, yes I definitely would have walked away from that. đź’€

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's more of a customer problem. How does anyone not know that buying a car from a dealership, involves negotiation and settling on a firm price? And that by and large, dealerships are trying to get the most money they can from a customer?

Did this rubbish kluge of an early reservation/order system, bring in a lot of persons who don't know how to buy a car? How do people walk away from ordering a car, without having a firm, set and unambiguous price agreed between the buyer and seller?
That case in an uninformed customer problem. And still not a Ford problem. I don’t blame the dealerships getting all they can for what they are selling. If someone is going to pay it then that is on the one wasting the money.

Anyone who pays a markup may not be a fool but they sure have serious impulse control problems.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of those 120,000 plus (190,000?) pre-orders have not been VIN”d yet. And, all these VINless pre-orders still belong to customers, not the dealer.
I’ve read that even “99d” orders can switch dealers.

There must be someway to hold this leverage over the dealer. Like, screw with me over ADM, and I’ll be sure to campaign to get as many of your future reservation holders waiting onMY22 to switch!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As hard it would have been, yes. A deal is a deal.
I guess we'll never know if the salesperson was just "fishing" or not.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know my dealer and all the dealers around me would not give a signed contract, some of us had no choice unless buy out of state maybe , I got a verbal as to MSRP but we shall see if they honor that.​
I've asked my dealer face to face 3x if they are going to mark up/ charge ADM when the Bronco eventually shows up and they have replied no each time. They admitted they will do that for stock units but claim orders will not be marked up. That's not to say they won't do it when the time comes but at this point I have no choice but to believe them. We shall see indeed.
Sponsored