First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It doesn't, it doesn't hold anything. WHich pricing would it hold, invoice or MSRP? I realize people assume that they are agreeing to MSRP, but that's not a sales agreement in any way. Most dealers would probably still honor MSRP based on that, but certainly not all, as there is nothing there that shows their agreement to any specific price. Have them generate a price agreement, or at a minimum have them state in writing the agreed upon pricing and terms.
Thank you, time to visit dealer.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a chance in the world that I would order a $50k+ vehicle without a purchase agreement signed by both me and the dealer.

You always agree to a price, in writing, before placing your order. Why would anyone want the stress of not knowing the final price for months leading up to the delivery of your Bronco?

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not what price protection is. Price protection is that Ford won't raise the MSRP on your vehicle if you get bumped from 2021 to 2022 (or even 2023). That means, as long as you buy the exact same-equipped 2022 as your 2021 was configured, the MSRP will be the same and therefore your price with your dealer can remain the same, if you locked in your price. Any changes in your configuration will change your final price upward or downward, but the MSRP of those changes would be the same and therefore the net change to your price should align with that.
I completely understand what you're saying. But it doesn't change the fact that Ford is promising price protection that really doesn't have any meaning here. So the MSRP stays the same, it's still really a false promise to "end" customers because they really have no control over the pricing to "end" customers. In order for it to have any validity at all, your deal must be linked to MSRP (above or below). Most people ordering a Bronco, like myself, are most likely special ordering a new vehicle for the first time ever and price protection seems like a good promise. But most of us don't understand how this whole sham of middle men dealers work. Even if I have a price "deal" worked out with a "dealer", what happens if they say no "deal", it's now +10k. What recourse do I have. I have price protection from Ford that means absolutely nothing. That was really my point. I'm certainly not signing a contract for a vehicle before seeing it and no finance terms are worked out especially with no delivery date in sight.

I don't normally post much but this "price protection" promise kinda ruffled my feathers a little bit. Ford should promote that they offer no increase in price to the dealers. Otherwise it's a bit shady to me. Just expressing my feeling on the matter.

OP
OP
Tadel001

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnā€™t post this thread for the side-lawyer to lecture me on contract law. I am pretty confident that I would win my case. That isnā€™t the point. The point is that people shouldnā€™t have to resort tot that. Too many people hide behind lawyers. Do what is right. I posted the thread so Ford would take more aggressive action. There are a lot of people being taken advantage of. Again, I have my options, which I will not discuss here. What I will discuss is that the system is wrong.

Donā€™t hide behind the dealer can do what it wants. That attitude is a pretty lame excuse for corporate America. I have lived and breathed corporate responsibility over the past 18 months. I think Ford actually has strong corporate responsibility. It is unfortunate that some (and likely a fraction) dealers do not.

OP
OP
Tadel001

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that got signed contracts in advance... glad you had choices on dealers that would do that. Good for you and good for the dealer.

But understand, claiming an enforced contract and getting the result you want are two very different things. If you havenā€™t litigated, you donā€™t know. If you have litigated, then you should understand the fallacy in having to enforce a contract for $5K. The dealers know it. That is why Ford has to step in. Suing over a contract is not a practical option.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are confident you would win, then sue them.
It's that's simple.
As far as getting opinions from people after you post on a public forum, well......
Welcome to the internet.

Last edited:

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Ford keeps touting Price Protection to order holders. Order holders do not have any price protection if the dealer can mark it up however they want.
How is this different if your Bronco was delivered today? Either find a dealership you trust, get a signed price in place when placing order before getting locked into dealership or deal with your lack of taking proper steps.

My original dealership wanted $5k ADM so I switched. Got MSRP agreement with new dealership, problem solved.

If you don't want to or decide not to negotiate with the dealership that is not a Ford problem that is your problem. This is not Walmart where you can't negotiate pricing.

If you are that worried about it why didn't or don't you switch to one of the many dealerships on this forum that won't change the price? If it is that important to you then do the proper work ahead of time.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't have a sign contract with the dealer setting the price?
He may have the concern I have and others have wondered about, I don't think my Dealer will do this. When I reserved my Bronco with the Dealer 13 months ago I got a signed letter from the Sales Manager, NO ADM. MSRP + 100.00 doc fee and that's it. Then when I ordered in February we signed an agreed upon MSRP price and they even signed a contract addendum I drew up with my clauses and attached it. That was on a 2021 Bronco. Now we (I) will be pushed to MY22, the original order as I understand it will be cancelled and a new order for a 22 will need to be placed. I believe my Dealer will uphold their commitment to only MSRP.....but....some Dealers may take this opportunity to add ADM on the new order. That IMO would be sleazy.... especially after all we have gone through.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every make has dealers marking vehicles up, not just Ford.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've asked my dealer face to face 3x if they are going to mark up/ charge ADM when the Bronco eventually shows up and they have replied no each time. They admitted they will do that for stock units but claim orders will not be marked up. That's not to say they won't do it when the time comes but at this point I have no choice but to believe them. We shall see indeed.
Why not get them to put it in writing?! If not...log down date, time and who said it to you.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with the survey comment. Those are very important to them. I would specifically outline what they did. You might even let them know that you are going to do that unless they remove the additional markup. Not a thread, but a kind reminder. I would also email Mike Levine and provide him the information you were given at the time of the sale. If you have anything in writing showing the price you would have paid, I bet they help you.

Granger has been nothing but awesome so far!!

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is this different if your Bronco was delivered today? Either find a dealership you trust, get a signed price in place when placing order before getting locked into dealership or deal with your lack of taking proper steps.

My original dealership wanted $5k ADM so I switched. Got MSRP agreement with new dealership, problem solved.

If you don't want to or decide not to negotiate with the dealership that is not a Ford problem that is your problem. This is not Walmart where you can't negotiate pricing.

If you are that worried about it why didn't or don't you switch to one of the many dealerships on this forum that won't change the price? If it is that important to you then do the proper work ahead of time.
I do. I'm not worried. I have mine ordered with Stephens and my point is not about me or my deal. It relates to Ford's guarantee that isn't a guarantee at all because they don't control the end user price. That's the only point I was trying to make. I feel like it is disingenuous and misleading to most.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didnā€™t post this thread for the side-lawyer to lecture me on contract law. I am pretty confident that I would win my case. That isnā€™t the point. The point is that people shouldnā€™t have to resort tot that. Too many people hide behind lawyers. Do what is right. I posted the thread so Ford would take more aggressive action. There are a lot of people being taken advantage of. Again, I have my options, which I will not discuss here. What I will discuss is that the system is wrong.

Donā€™t hide behind the dealer can do what it wants. That attitude is a pretty lame excuse for corporate America. I have lived and breathed corporate responsibility over the past 18 months. I think Ford actually has strong corporate responsibility. It is unfortunate that some (and likely a fraction) dealers do not.
Half the people I know have gotten taken advantage of in some respect when buying a new car, and could have bought at a lower cost. Not to mention when having their car repaired. ("Oh you need a new johnson rod." - Seinfeld). Baring some future utopia, that is the reality. Everyone should know to be on guard when buying a car.

I spent nearly 5 hours negotiating at a dealership for my new car last year. It started off at a high price (obviously fishing to see if I was a foolish buyer). And even when we eventually agreed on a much lower price, and I was reading the final agreement before signing, they were trying to slip in a $400 "window etching" fee, lol.

I don't understand how so many 6G members apparently fell under the illusion that cars are sold at a fixed price and not a negotiated price that is agreed on and signed off between customer and dealership.

I would recommend to people checkout some youtube videos, and reading up how to buy a car, all the ins/outs and things to take car about. That's what I did when buying my first new car last year and it worked out fine. It's one of the largest purchases some people will make in life, how are people going into it so unaware and unprepared?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As hard it would have been, yes. A deal is a deal.
I guess we'll never know if the salesperson was just "fishing" or not.
Guaranteed he was absolutely "fishing" and hooked himself a big one at that. Would have been easy to demand to speak to the GM or tell them you need a few days to think it over while you get some advice and organize the media campaign against them.

I am no way saying what the dealership did was acceptable or right, but this is completely a buyer beware problem that could have been easily mitigated before the fact and could still have been resolved without the need to sue after the fact.

Gumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with @Tadel001 on this one. Wish Ford would find a way to mitigate this for reservation holders. But I guess the bottom line is Dealers can do what they want as long as they are comfortable with their consequences. I am optimistic my dealer will turn out to be honorable.

I know a dealer with a multi million dollar boat named "Doc Fees". Many dealers take pride in sticking it to people...(see my price quotation below...they arguably will make more profit on that than the vehicle itself!!!).

Now....the "side lawyer" in me is getting skittish with my build date pending soon.

I do not have a signed purchase agreement. I am tempted to go in to the dealer and ask for one...but.

What I do have is an email response to the question: "And what is the agreed price for this thing? I believe we discussed MSRP and some junk fees but wanted to be sure I understand exactly what this is going to be."

to which they replied in writing:

"The price will be MSRP plus ad valorem tax, doc fee of $699.99, and registration at $110 total. The MSRP was $62250 as built on the Badlands. Tax is based on trade difference, if you have a trade, at 6.6%."

To my non-legal eye, I have consideration in form of a deposit (charged by the dealer, not by Ford!) and a written contract by an authorized agent of that dealer. I am sure there are legal holes in all of this....but any reasonable dealer would know they screwed me for sure if they switch it up on me.

Now...the challenge will come if just like the OP here I am in the dealership and they pull a switch. I will be like the OP and over a barrel with no recourse other than to walk and subsequently attack them on social media or sue, neither of which seems fun or productive. But I will do it and sic my wife on them too :) That's the gamble some of the dealers are willing to take.

Anyway....we shall see soon enough. Good luck to you all.
Sponsored