First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've reached out to @ADV Fiberglass directly at their site multiple times.
They always respond within minutes. It's not always good news, and sometimes it's "no news", but they always answer as best they can.
Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've reached out to @ADV Fiberglass directly at their site multiple times.
They always respond within minutes. It's not always good news, and sometimes it's "no news", but they always answer as best they can.
Yes,same experience for me. I try not to bother them with status updates. Rather than whak a mole, it would be a lot less work to just posting update on the forum. You kill a lot of extra work.by forum posting. But they answer individual requests very promptly.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All I’m asking for are a few pics of large quantities of unfinished stock to prove they’re not full of crap like they seem to have been on many of these threads I’ve read.
I ordered their 2 piece Hardtop on day one. These guys are local to me and my off road shop knows them well. My son has had a few sets of their fenders on his F150 Rap. Perhaps they were optimistic in the release date, but their products are top quality and my shop has never had an issues after 10 years dealing with them. For those who have ordered, i just wanted to share my shops faith in these guys. Hopefully May date holds strong.

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered their 2 piece Hardtop on day one. These guys are local to me and my off road shop knows them well. My son has had a few sets of their fenders on his F150 Rap. Perhaps they were optimistic in the release date, but their products are top quality and my shop has never had an issues after 10 years dealing with them. For those who have ordered, i just wanted to share my shops faith in these guys. Hopefully May date holds strong.
Via their web chat today they indicated a 12 week lead time for new hardtop orders. No sure how much shorter that would be for those who pre-ordered.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Via their web chat today they indicated a 12 week lead time for new hardtop orders. No sure how much shorter that would be for those who pre-ordered.
0%

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it's confirmed the gasket was sourced in China :(? Not really relevant at this point, but haven't the last three years taught us anything about supply chains? Is something like the rubber impossible to manufacture here in the US (or at least Mexico). Where did the rubber for the prototype come from? Why not source from them? It's hard to fathom at this point.

What would it cost, an additional $50? I mean if this was like $1500-$2000 for the top I can see penny pinching because that is the clientele you are marketing to, but at $6k who would be upset with $50 more for an American produced product. Let's face it, already paying for the ridiculous CA overhead and US wages. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for keeping everything domestic. Otherwise just ship the engineering over there and you would have been delivering them already at a lower price point.

Now on ADVs communication end, they really could save themselves some grief and bad press by just being honest and upfront with the actual timing of these. It's like ripping a bandage off time and time again. August/Sept--->Nov/Dec--->Jan/Feb--->Mar/April--->? Eight months after original delivery estimates already. If the manufacturer keeps telling them just two more weeks, just another two weeks, then maybe it is time to switch manufacturers. The alternative is ADV has known how long it would take to produce and they keep trying to retain order holders by stringing this along (which I can't believe is the case).

I'm sure ADV is as frustrated or more so than the order holders, but at some point someone needs to jump on a plane, see for themselves, and pass along the truth.
If you want news, you know the protest at long beach port. Part of the problem of broken supply chain is actually caused by US itself. By Made in US, it may add a few more Ks.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
in the event that ADV was forced to prepay a large amount , then they are helpless with no leverage. this means we are at the whim of the supplier and we are all in the same screwed boat with no leverage on the supplier.
I agree 100% with the poster that the dependence on outside sources has to be changed. assuming domestic suppliers wanted a minimum 1000 order before they committed. at a WAG of 250 per set ,that's 250k ( I have obsoletely no idea what the rubber costs but my WAG of 250 seems very high ). that means ADV would have to lay out a lot for future inventory and hope orders would come in. Hindsight is great, and I'm sure that if ADV would have know this was going to happen they would have gone another route.
Yeah also tell me about the fiasco at long beach. I've read a lot on the crane operators salaries and the dockworkers demands. Just another case of they have you by the short hairs. Of course as TEXAS advertises, " go through the Panama Canal and unload at Texas ports in record time.-- then its a truck delivery to California. All boils down to a long long wait. However, I love the ADV tops compared to the Anderson Composite, the sloped rear makes all the difference to me as does the 1 piece. I will continue to Patiently wait and pray.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in the event that ADV was forced to prepay a large amount , then they are helpless with no leverage. this means we are at the whim of the supplier and we are all in the same screwed boat with no leverage on the supplier.
I agree 100% with the poster that the dependence on outside sources has to be changed. assuming domestic suppliers wanted a minimum 1000 order before they committed. at a WAG of 250 per set ,that's 250k ( I have obsoletely no idea what the rubber costs but my WAG of 250 seems very high ). that means ADV would have to lay out a lot for future inventory and hope orders would come in. Hindsight is great, and I'm sure that if ADV would have know this was going to happen they would have gone another route.
Yeah also tell me about the fiasco at long beach. I've read a lot on the crane operators salaries and the dockworkers demands. Just another case of they have you by the short hairs. Of course as TEXAS advertises, " go through the Panama Canal and unload at Texas ports in record time.-- then its a truck delivery to California. All boils down to a long long wait. However, I love the ADV tops compared to the Anderson Composite, the sloped rear makes all the difference to me as does the 1 piece. I will continue to Patiently wait and pray.
If Im ever in a legal matter and need to delay, delay, delay, I'm calling this rubber company lol. Almost 1/2 a year and still are able to keep a company and others strung along

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly thought we’d at least have an announcement that the rubber was on the way.
My fear at this point is that this rubber vendor will never be able to deliver, and @ADV Fiberglass will be forced to find another vendor, adding even more wait time.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly thought we’d at least have an announcement that the rubber was on the way.
My fear at this point is that this rubber vendor will never be able to deliver, and @ADV Fiberglass will be forced to find another vendor, adding even more wait time.
Honestly I just expect bad news at this point

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you guys are so worried, ask for a refund or something. How long did you wait for your Bronco?!

I know it's not ideal and I am excited to get my ADV hard top too, but chill out. I highly doubt ADV is going to close up shop and run off to another country with all our money, if that is your concern.

Last edited:

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you guys are so worried, ask for a refund or something. How long did you wait for your Bronco?!

I know it's not ideal and I am excited to get my ADV hard top too, but chill out. I highly doubt ADV is going to close up shop and run off to another country with all our money, if that if your concern.
I never said I wanted a refund ( and never said I had any doubt in ADV). I’m just afraid this rubber vendor is failing, and/or not being truthful. I’m still confident in ADV.

And to answer your question, I waited almost exactly 6 months from the time I ordered my Bronco until the day I picked it up.
My ADV hardtop order was placed almost 7 months ago.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's not ideal and I am excited to get my ADV hard top too, but chill out. I highly doubt ADV is going to close up shop and run off to another country with all our money, if that is your concern.
I’m good. At this point, I hope it shows I’m willing to wait lol. Just venting and showing my pessimism.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m good. At this point, I hope it shows I’m willing to wait lol. Just venting and showing my pessimism.
Try reasoning with your accountant/financial advisor wife. I dread when she asks for updates because I don't have any. She reminds each time how much we could be earning on that money. Pretty much would have have paid for the shipping at this point had we only put down a deposit. Just one real honest update would be nice. If Anderson was making a one piece I would be switching and may be forced to soon regardless despite how much better looking the ADV design is.

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BREAKING NEWS

The CCP has just intercepted the WoHunglo container ship headed for the California coast. The vessel was apparently loaded with 6 tons of rubber molding (which has been declared ineligible for export by the CCP). The WoHunglo is now reportedly heading back to China to unload the molding . Rubber is essential in the production of medicines that the Chinese pharma companies are sending to the US.

IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS, Thousands of Bronco owners are gathering together to startup an abandoned rubber molding factory.
might as well be the truth been waiting on rubber for 4 months now.
Sponsored