Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so you guys know the rubber gasket they have isn’t a common profile that they can just go to McMaster Carr and order from. John showed me a side by side of the adv gasket versus the OEM mic top gasket. So pretty much it is a custom profile. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of it to post either.
Sponsored

Doobie

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I see this thread on the recent activity, I get my hopes up. I ordered and fully paid for the “one piece” in June. I really hope this is going to be worth it. It’s a lot of money for a leap of faith.

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with most of your points. I just don't understand how a company, that hyped up a product so much, is getting swindled from the rubber manufacturer. How many times can they (rubber manufacturer) say a few more weeks?

These are all first world problems an honestly, most of us have nothing better to do than bitch (haha), and I think ADV is definitely frustrated as well, not completely demonizing them, but at some point a group of people dropped 5-7k trusting their product would be delivered promptly and they deserve something out of the situation. I'm just waiting for the day a Bronco influencer gets their hands on one of these before the masses and everyone loses their shit...
My concerns and questions have been adequately addressed by direct communication with John. A company with their track record and reputation built on their other products should be enough to keep us patient a little longer.

That said, if there are any so called Bronco influencers they should wait like everyone else. The world needs a lot less influencers and bullshitters anyway. Influencer fatigue is real.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see this thread on the recent activity, I get my hopes up. I ordered and fully paid for the “one piece” in June. I really hope this is going to be worth it. It’s a lot of money for a leap of faith.
I got to touch/feel the prototype and I like it much better than the ford MIC top. Obviously it’s a premium item to have one. I love the soft top too but the wife wants a hard top so that’s why I ordered within minutes of the preorder opening up. From what I saw in person, it’s worth the wait. Having a soft top for now hasn’t stopped me from doing anything so I still go about my day/trips.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so you guys know the rubber gasket they have isn’t a common profile that they can just go to McMaster Carr and order from. John showed me a side by side of the adv gasket versus the OEM mic top gasket. So pretty much it is a custom profile. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of it to post either.
Understood, however it is just an extrusion die that can be CNC'd. They have the CAD design. Hundreds of companies can do this sort of thing domestically and worldwide. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Understood, however it is just an extrusion die that can be CNC'd. They have the CAD design. Hundreds of companies can do this sort of thing domestically and worldwide. Correct me if I'm wrong.
In my experience domestic manufacturers won't provide quotes unless the initial order quantity is in the five figures at least, and even if ADV was prepared to manufacture that sort of volume, and I suspect they aren't, you can't really write off the bottom line in how much more expensive US manufacturing is. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but look at how badly the OEM hardtops were produced by a domestic manufacturer, stateside production is no guarantee of quality.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some of you are going a little overboard with "scam", if not libel...

As a bystander with no skin in the game who would like everything I purchase to be 100% American made, and no experience in manufacturing...
My understanding is that it is no longer only price that decides where you source your parts. It is very possible ADV could not find anyone in the US to supply the gaskets at any price.

Decades of moving your manufacturing base out of country will do that...

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think some of you are going a little overboard with "scam", if not libel...

As a bystander with no skin in the game who would like everything I purchase to be 100% American made, and no experience in manufacturing...
My understanding is that it is no longer only price that decides where you source your parts. It is very possible ADV could not find anyone in the US to supply the gaskets at any price.

Decades of moving your manufacturing base out of country will do that...
So true, I'm sure ADV would have loved to get their tops out in the view. They are loosing ground by not having the product out.
I just hope we get some updates ,if nothing else just to see that we are moving forward to getting the tops..
It's only been a little over a week since their latest email.
Seems a lot longer.
I am still hoping for June delivery.
My buddies will order as soon ad they inspect mine.
I suspect at that point delivery schedules will be only 12 weeks wait ,,which is nothing.
These Turkeys got their Broncos very quickly also. I got a lot of ribbing over waiting 2 yrs whereas they got their builds immediately and only 3k adm. However I got ALL the constrained items and did not have to settle for less than I wanted.

Sponsored

Lonebronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So true, I'm sure ADV would have loved to get their tops out in the view. They are loosing ground by not having the product out.
I just hope we get some updates ,if nothing else just to see that we are moving forward to getting the tops..
It's only been a little over a week since their latest email.
Seems a lot longer.
I am still hoping for June delivery.
My buddies will order as soon ad they inspect mine.
I suspect at that point delivery schedules will be only 12 weeks wait ,,which is nothing.
These Turkeys got their Broncos very quickly also. I got a lot of ribbing over waiting 2 yrs whereas they got their builds immediately and only 3k adm. However I got ALL the constrained items and did not have to settle for less than I wanted.
What email did you get ?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They're just bitter having to stop at the gas station AGAIN due to their tiny tanks while watching 4 doors drive by with thousands of accessories that are unavailable for their 2 door. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I put 21.3 gallons in my 4 door with 15 miles til empty in a 20.8 gallon system

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I put 21.3 gallons in my 4 door with 15 miles til empty in a 20.8 gallon system
I noticed the same thing last week when I filled up. I was down to 4 miles to empty and I put 21.6 gallons in. Seems like they are closer to a 22 gallon tank.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed the same thing last week when I filled up. I was down to 4 miles to empty and I put 21.6 gallons in. Seems like they are closer to a 22 gallon tank.
My trips are 2 miles to the marina, 2 miles to the launching ramps, 3 miles to the malls. Occasional trip upstate ny 300 miles. A tank of gas lasts well over a month. I put in93 octane, which in the past has seved my engines well.
I just went in for my 18 month service... 2200 miles on the car. Not even broken in yet. The tank size is perfect for .e
Sponsored