First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that may be the Rally-Top they showed. In another thread, a person who has one of those spoke about how it was put together. Also had a diagram of the cross sections that looked like what showed in that video ADV posted.

The person did like their top and said it worked well and was quiet. So perhaps they are on something. Also looking at his top, it did not look bad.
The rally top doesn't have rear defroster, or rear wipers
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rally top doesn't have rear defroster, or rear wipers
Not sure if any of the tops need it. I mean I have read many who says they barely use the rear wiper. Defrost may be another matter. The Armadillo does not have a wiper but has a defrost. Honestly I do not need the wiper.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if any of the tops need it. I mean I have read many who says they barely use the rear wiper. Defrost may be another matter. The Armadillo does not have a wiper but has a defrost. Honestly I do not need the wiper.
My old bronco DEFINITELY needed a wiper, I had the defogger, and put the wind deflector attachment. I couldn't see anything when it got wet and dirty definitely need it

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to Moore Expo last year and slept in the bronco. Goal was by the next, we'd sleep in the RTT. Looks like ADV is doing everything it can to ruin that...(again, I joke I joke)

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called today and spoke with a customer service rep. Confirmed delivery late December....maybe January. She stated that they are now dealing with labor shortages as well as supply issues. I'm not sure what to believe as even one employee putting these together should have a few out by now, not just the ones they shipped in the beta test. I'm holding on for now but we are almost at 100 pages here!!!!

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called today and spoke with a customer service rep. Confirmed delivery late December....maybe January. She stated that they are now dealing with labor shortages as well as supply issues. I'm not sure what to believe as even one employee putting these together should have a few out by now, not just the ones they shipped in the beta test. I'm holding on for now but we are almost at 100 pages here!!!!
Once I find an OEM one to buy, I'm out. I'm really not keen on hearing every excuse in the book while they hand beta versions out to influencers.

I heard an actual Sasquatch showed up and stole the rubber they were awaiting...

Last edited:

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, they seem to have enough employees to be constantly putting out new
Projects per their instagram.

Don't know what to believe. They should be shipping some out

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turn Off-Road has just entered the fray.

Oh my, this is going to get interesting. But as they say, more competition improves all. (Well at one can hope)

Sponsored

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have said numerous times what the reason for the recent delay was in this thread. However the fact that more and more posts come in this thread, start to bury the old post. So to clarify, here is the current update:

We could have been shipping the tops back in May. However they were not dialed with foam injection and paint (This was the final assembly QC problems). We made the executive decision to dial in the process by investing MUCH more money and time in foam injection steel tools and other equipment.

The tops were technically acceptable back in May and was better than the OEM hardtop but we do not settle. We always need to ensure that we are very happy with the end product. Our level of detail and product development is unmatched by any other company out there. We never had any intentions of taking this long to develop and produce the hardtops. However, between supply chain delays (out of our control) and our dedication to perfection (Fixing QC issues) that has caused many, many delays.

So to put it in perspective, we could have either shipped products in May and dealt with potential customer complaints of product quality or we push out ship dates, dial in the quality and ship at a later date and produce happier customers from the quality. Yes, there are trade offs. We decided that although it will be tough to deal with angry customers because of another delay, it would be harder to deal with customers complaining about quality. So to summarize it, we are always chasing the best possible product. Some customers see that, others only see the delays which is fine. No further delays are in the equation, we are simply working through the final assembly process and taking care of a large backlog. If the customer wishes to wait (A little longer) then they will be happy once they receive the hardtop. If they do not wish to wait, then we are more than happy to offer a full refund.
😂

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm less sold on composite hardtop design (paper or foam core with bonded external skins). Initially I was sold on the idea, due to the potential benefits of temp/sound insulation, and certain structural rigidities.

Unfortunately we've seen the downsides of bonding failure and damage to the thinner outer skins. I'm thinking about my non-composite mostly single wall CJ/TJ tops and how they've been beat to hell over decades no worse for wear.

That said, after 4 months my OEM 2-door Bronco hardtop has been great. Knock on wood if I have a good version, I am more than willing to revise my composite opinion if the top holds up over time. Or if 5/10 years from now we're talking about how well the ADV tops are holding up, that would be great.
I was thinking of that too. I had a CJ and that top was invincible!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak, 1989 Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Day 1 Order in first 10 minutes. I asked for an update today because my last update from a month ago was that the top would ship in early November. Today, this is what I was told. UNBELIEVABLE:

"Unfortunately, final assembly is taking much longer than we ever imagined. Our manufacturing team is dealing with labor shortages that have caused further delays in hardtop final assembly. As of right now, your hard top is expected to be ready in late December into January. The team is working as fast as they possibly can to get orders out the door. We will contact you as soon as yours is ready.

If I put myself in your shoes, I would also be very unhappy about the delays. However, we are doing everything we possibly can to ship out your hardtop, despite the labor shortages. We are answering all your questions to the best of our ability and offering a refund if you do not wish to wait any longer. If you wish to wait longer, then we appreciate your patience and will contact you as soon as your top is finished."

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 1 Order in first 10 minutes. I asked for an update today because my last update from a month ago was that the top would ship in early November. Today, this is what I was told. UNBELIEVABLE:

"Unfortunately, final assembly is taking much longer than we ever imagined. Our manufacturing team is dealing with labor shortages that have caused further delays in hardtop final assembly. As of right now, your hard top is expected to be ready in late December into January. The team is working as fast as they possibly can to get orders out the door. We will contact you as soon as yours is ready.

If I put myself in your shoes, I would also be very unhappy about the delays. However, we are doing everything we possibly can to ship out your hardtop, despite the labor shortages. We are answering all your questions to the best of our ability and offering a refund if you do not wish to wait any longer. If you wish to wait longer, then we appreciate your patience and will contact you as soon as your top is finished."
Labor shortage is a new one, that dosent explain why not one single top has shipped. They have labor to produce new items per their instagram.
Labor shortage doesn't explain why the install video and line can't be released.
As I've said many times before, there is an issue someplace as to why they can't finish a few at a time.
Thanks for the update, I'm probably right behind you regarding order. Regardless of what excuses they come up with I am gonna wait it out .

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I visited their shop about a month ago and they only had a few for show. One single piece, modular and I believe a primered one. There was not one other piece to a hardtop in the part of the warehouse I saw. It was actually completely empty. Could mean they are wayyy behind or that they are just manufactured somewhere else. Prototypes were of great quality, but will see about the finished product. Hope it’s not vaporware.
Sponsored