First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cannot wait for the eventual Netflix Documentary about the ADV Hardtop conspiracy... ;)
I know what you mean, I'm not an order holder but follow this thread for pure entertainment value...
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a question for everyone that has a roof on order. How long from this point in time will you continue to wait before getting a refund and m
I waited almost a year, and requested (and received) a refund.

There's never been a product, that I can think of, where I paid thousands of dollars in advance (Wow, is that what the "Advanced" in ADV stands for?! :oops: ), only to be strung along month to month.

As I've said before, even if they ship tomorrow, I don't care. They've lost me as a customer.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I waited almost a year, and requested (and received) a refund.

There's never been a product, that I can think of, where I paid thousands of dollars in advance (Wow, is that what the "Advanced" in ADV stands for?! :oops: ), only to be strung along month to month.

As I've said before, even if they ship tomorrow, I don't care. They've lost me as a customer.
I've been waiting for going on 2n years in feb2024.
I'm waiting to receive the email telling
Me which batch I'm in.
As a first half hour order, I assume I'm in the first batch, but nothing in this adventure had gone smoothly.

I will continue waiting and watching THE TOR rollout, shipping and customer reactions.
If at that time I am still sitting on my thumb waiting for adv to start shipping, I would have to probably cancel.
However, the TOR top doesn't come with defroster or wiper, ships separately and I have to have it installed.
I believe that's what I read earlier, unless there was an update I missed.
All the excitement about China involvement doesn't bother me, the FINAL ASSEMBLY,looks like it's done by adv in California.
All the pics of the top components in the Asian video looked like they were being consolidated for shipment.
As a previous poster accurately pointed out. That's probably why no tops have been shipped, they are hopefully in transit . Whereby adv will final assembly, contact the customers and finally start shipping.
As I said before,my stress level is gone.
I will not have the top or my backup lights installed again for another waterfowl season.
I'm getting my Valvetec fuel for t h e season this morning and am gonna take a looksee if anything has migrated down.
So far it's only seagulls and cormorants.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been waiting for going on 2n years in feb2024.
I'm waiting to receive the email telling
Me which batch I'm in.
As a first half hour order, I assume I'm in the first batch, but nothing in this adventure had gone smoothly.

I will continue waiting and watching THE TOR rollout, shipping and customer reactions.
If at that time I am still sitting on my thumb waiting for adv to start shipping, I would have to probably cancel.
However, the TOR top doesn't come with defroster or wiper, ships separately and I have to have it installed.
I believe that's what I read earlier, unless there was an update I missed.
All the excitement about China involvement doesn't bother me, the FINAL ASSEMBLY,looks like it's done by adv in California.
All the pics of the top components in the Asian video looked like they were being consolidated for shipment.
As a previous poster accurately pointed out. That's probably why no tops have been shipped, they are hopefully in transit . Whereby adv will final assembly, contact the customers and finally start shipping.
As I said before,my stress level is gone.
I will not have the top or my backup lights installed again for another waterfowl season.
I'm getting my Valvetec fuel for t h e season this morning and am gonna take a looksee if anything has migrated down.
So far it's only seagulls and cormorants.
Your thoughts echo mine (about the tops, I have no real thoughts on water-fowl season).
I also don't want to give up the already-included features ADV will allegedly have (where's that headliner footage?).
I'm not really bent out of shape about parts being manufactured in China. Most of the people commenting on this thread are likely doing it from a device made in China.
I am, however, irritated about the smoke and mirrors approach ADV took over the past year, making it sound like they had everything at their California facility ready to go, just waiting on a rubber shipment, which now seems like was far from the truth.
(I guess they never actually SAID that, but it was very highly implied).
I kind of feel like I've sold my soul to this particular devil at this point, so I might as well try and reap the reward from doing so.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weld Wheels were always advertised Made in America. I had some wheels ordered and after 6 weeks called to see where they were (normal ship time is 6 weeks). Dude on the other end said "Once we get the hoops off the boat, they will ship" :unsure: "hoops off the boat" 🤪 Had to think about for a bit and then it came to me. The round part where the bead of the tire seats is the "hoop". So ALL of those are made in China and the center of the wheels are machined here in USA and then the center is attached, to the hoop, in the USA. Ergo Made in the USA. With parts from China.

I see some similarities with Weld Wheels and ADV. :cautious::(

Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I’m thankful that I will be getting my hardtop next month or the month after that perhaps. Maybe I’m thankful for being so patient.
I would hope that by next friday,which is 9 business days from the adv update. That we would recieve our batch assignments. Then we can all start getting antsie together.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, I did good ,no overeating or drinking except for the half pie I ate. Gonna regret that.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I’m thankful that I will be getting my hardtop next month or the month after that perhaps. Maybe I’m thankful for being so patient.
Or the month after that, or...

Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just hope that the Chinese don't start a problem with tiawan that messes up the hard top pieces being shipped.
Hopefully, with a 6 to 8 week shipping time the shipment is on the way
If China starts something with Taiwan I think we will have a lot more on our minds than a hardtop 😅 but at least there are American Made alternatives!

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like I said before when they wanted a 100% deposit up front that was a giant red flag for me and it should have been for everybody.
posts have slowed down
it was just the 17th that adv said 7 to 10 business days until the email goes out to all of us orders telling us which batch we are in.
starting monday the countdown continues
probably have an announcement Friday late
this has been an intense time for me
between the announcement of the adv op and Syracuse's announcing on the new head coach I am getting nothing done just waiting and waiting and waiting

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like I said before when they wanted a 100% deposit up front that was a giant red flag for me and it should have been for everybody.
I mean they just tried to do kickstarter without having to use the kickstarter platform. Not a terrible idea but they just needed better communication and explanation of that.

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, and them not being transparent and absolutely lying the whole time for over 2 years is a bad track record.... but quite a few drank the kool-aid..
Sponsored