BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity how do you know this is their Bronco? In the earlier product photos it definitely wasn't a Raptor.

If it really is the owners, at least everyone knows where their money has gone. :cautious:
Yup like the other poster said I had seen it on their IG a few times.

also it looks like a raptor but it’s not. Not sure which trim it was, prob a wildtrak. Cuz it didn’t have the raptor accents in the inside
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OoOoof! SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED! Man ADV make sure you put your top together yourself. I guess you will be sure to take your time in doing it. Hell better get to Home Depot to buy a workbench or some horses if you do not have any. LOTS of steps doing their top. Surprised about the headliner.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A GTM college business school class (in the state of Michigan) will be including the ADV hardtop fail as a case study in their 2024 fall curriculum…can’t make stuff like this up.
Fall of this year? Probably way too early for a case study. Maybe 2025 or whenever the production tops actually get to market.

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A GTM college business school class (in the state of Michigan) will be including the ADV hardtop fail as a case study in their 2024 fall curriculum…can’t make stuff like this up.
IMG_8854.gif

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think there is any legal grounds to sue for taking money for pre-orders, no matter how long it takes them to come to market. Is it ethical? In my opinion, no. Is it legal? Yes.

Now, if they decide to one day stop issuing refunds, that's a whole different story. As long as the refund is offered, that can be seen as a remedy to a customer's claimed damages, therefor, no legal grounding to sue.
Yes. Here are the gory details

https://www.findlaw.com/smallbusiness/business-operations/laws-governing-shipping-advertising.html

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

So you also have to install the headliner yourself, wowza!
I hope they have the decency to provide a faux screwdriver and an Allen wrench

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they have the decency to provide a faux screwdriver and an Allen wrench
And include the cleaning product to wipe down the surface before installing the headliner. The video claims you can use "any product" to clean the surface - I'm going to say that's not true at all. Some will leave a film or byproduct behind which won't help that headliner stick. So be cautious on what you use!

Oh, but hold on folks! At about the 3 minute mark, you need to disassemble part of your hard top! So not only do customers need to build it, but they need to take it apart too. Wow...

And although the headliner appears "easy" to install, all it'll take is someone not cleaning the surface, or not doing it properly, and it'll start to peel off in the extreme heat. I would assume most other manufacturers of hard tops would use a spray on adhesive or something that's not just essentially a sticker. But I could be wrong - I'm no expert in this.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

d49c6211-a833-4838-9d5b-1643fe00f089_text.gif

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And include the cleaning product to wipe down the surface before installing the headliner. The video claims you can use "any product" to clean the surface - I'm going to say that's not true at all. Some will leave a film or byproduct behind which won't help that headliner stick. So be cautious on what you use!

Oh, but hold on folks! At about the 3 minute mark, you need to disassemble part of your hard top! So not only do customers need to build it, but they need to take it apart too. Wow...

And although the headliner appears "easy" to install, all it'll take is someone not cleaning the surface, or not doing it properly, and it'll start to peel off in the extreme heat. I would assume most other manufacturers of hard tops would use a spray on adhesive or something that's not just essentially a sticker. But I could be wrong - I'm no expert in this.
My concern is customers starting to apply the liner, realizing they are a bit misaligned, but not being able to pull it back off and start over.

With spray on glue or something that takes time to set, you can reposition a bit, then let it dry. I wonder if that is at all possible with the peel and stick, or is it one shot to get it right?

I like the way the liner is form fit to the top, but hope it doesn't end up an issue with customers misapplying. ADV might want to consider applying it before shipping, to avoid headaches.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 of my friends drove his Daughters 22 Bronco soft top from CT to Colorado. His wife asked me to call him every day while he was on the road. WOW background noise was horrendous, I could hardly hear them yelling (they were doing 80mph) over the noise. He admitted that after a while they got used to the constant noise but both of them had headaches at night from the noise.
so in retrospect, my little trip upstate NY is nothing compared to that trip.
Damn, did they have the top down??? LOL!

But seriously, the vast majority of the 11000 miles on my 4dr softy are road trip/vacation miles .... it's noisy at 80mph, but not that bad, and the 2dr MIC is only somewhat better.

WHUUUT???

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My concern is customers starting to apply the liner, realizing they are a bit misaligned, but not being able to pull it back off and start over.

With spray on glue or something that takes time to set, you can reposition a bit, then let it dry. I wonder if that is at all possible with the peel and stick, or is it one shot to get it right?

I like the way the liner is form fit to the top, but hope it doesn't end up an issue with customers misapplying. ADV might want to consider applying it before shipping, to avoid headaches.
that would mean ANOTHER step to add in the life schedule status report being sent out weekly.

I totally agree, can you imagine with y one piece if the damn liner is just a tad off and it screws you up at the last minute of the install.

also, installing the liner should be the first thing you do when you start to put your top together, The 1 piece install had the liner installed on the top BEFORE they began. this makes sense,

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do you mean? That's at least three steps - cut the headliner, form the headliner, package the headliner. About a month for each one.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you mean? That's at least three steps - cut the headliner, form the headliner, package the headliner. About a month for each one.
you unfortunately are absolutely correct. I hope the headliner doesn't have its own separate timetable. while we are on the subject , same could apply to the wiper/defroster install video which is scheduled for video release in 4 weeks( 2 weeks after the 1 piece headliner install video ).
also , I'm looking forward to the video recapping all the other videos.

I actually like the videos, however its the fact that no movement in production , that irritates me.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder when the videos- “So you ruined your weatherstripping”, “Your headliner is crooked- now what?” and “How to drill out a stripped/broken bolt” will be released?
Sponsored