Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ITS VIDEO AND INFORMATION FRIDAY
Any bets as to if the batch 1 group (me) has moved out of production. I SAY NO.
at least we will hopefully see the rear wiper install. I assume the defroster is built into the glass.

My last estimated (last week ) shipping time from ADV was for mid may (more or less).

Sooooooo today is the 12th of April., I was awake last night and researched shipping times from CHINA to the Port of Long Beach.

Appr 3 weeks give or take and depends on the path and port stops--- could be up to 45 days
Current backlog at the Port of Long Beach --- 6 days
Unloading time for the containers 2 days --- with our luck the ADV container will be the last unloaded.

then 1 day to get to adv location by truck.

then who knows how long the quality control inspection will take
will the inspect every single top before they start the packaging process or will they do a number at a time and finally get some on the road to the customers.

Based on this, there is no way I see that my 1 piece will make it out in May let alone mid late May.
with a 6 day projected travel time to Connecticut, the earliest I might see my top is sometime in June.
It is almost 100% guaranteed that TOR will send me a better schedule and I will be forced to cancel.
for now I'm hoping ADV surprises everybody.
SEND THE TOPS IN BATCHES BY AIR FREIGHT and make up for some of the aggregation and damage to reputation.

they have to be losing millions of dollars in sales with all the defections to TOR

long rant I'm done (keyboard silent ) for 2 more weeks-- Boat goes into the water next week so that will keep me busy.
I don't think they will even look at the tops for quality, they will just forward the box to you for final assembly. The whole 'assembly by the customer' is the main reason I finally canceled. I did have my money back the next day which was nice.
Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ITS VIDEO AND INFORMATION FRIDAY
Any bets as to if the batch 1 group (me) has moved out of production. I SAY NO.
at least we will hopefully see the rear wiper install. I assume the defroster is built into the glass.

My last estimated (last week ) shipping time from ADV was for mid may (more or less).

Sooooooo today is the 12th of April., I was awake last night and researched shipping times from CHINA to the Port of Long Beach.

Appr 3 weeks give or take and depends on the path and port stops--- could be up to 45 days
Current backlog at the Port of Long Beach --- 6 days
Unloading time for the containers 2 days --- with our luck the ADV container will be the last unloaded.

then 1 day to get to adv location by truck.

then who knows how long the quality control inspection will take
will the inspect every single top before they start the packaging process or will they do a number at a time and finally get some on the road to the customers.

Based on this, there is no way I see that my 1 piece will make it out in May let alone mid late May.
with a 6 day projected travel time to Connecticut, the earliest I might see my top is sometime in June.
It is almost 100% guaranteed that TOR will send me a better schedule and I will be forced to cancel.
for now I'm hoping ADV surprises everybody.
SEND THE TOPS IN BATCHES BY AIR FREIGHT and make up for some of the aggregation and damage to reputation.

they have to be losing millions of dollars in sales with all the defections to TOR

long rant I'm done (keyboard silent ) for 2 more weeks-- Boat goes into the water next week so that will keep me busy.
Let us know if you get any updates! I’m curious if they will update today or when the last time they actually told customers anything (even if it was outdated/static information).

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let us know if you get any updates! I’m curious if they will update today or when the last time they actually told customers anything (even if it was outdated/static information).
they have actually been pretty good, sticking to the every other Friday release. seems to hit my email around 630pm , meaning a 3 4is release time in California.

B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seriously, can someone help me understand how this happens? 48 weeks ago this promising update proclaimed that "final assembly had begun." Hard product was photographed and other pictures showed hands-on work being done on the components.

48 weeks. 48. weeks. What on earth has happened between now and then?

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well John with ADV was on the site yesterday at 7:22PM (central time). I assumed that rare activity would result in an update but to all those that still have faith but as Maury would say...

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! 64c51437fdfacf16239bddb978140ed9

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! Screenshot 2024-04-12 173718

Last edited:

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, can someone help me understand how this happens? 48 weeks ago this promising update proclaimed that "final assembly had begun." Hard product was photographed and other pictures showed hands-on work being done on the components.

48 weeks. 48. weeks. What on earth has happened between now and then?

A financial dispute must have arisen, batch one still in production.

final assembly in production had begun, now final assembly is done off site at the customers location.

June shipment for batch 1 will be the next forecast from them.

just waiting on Todd from TOR with my confirmed shipping date-- I really cant take this BS anymore

B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

final assembly in production had begun, now final assembly is done off site at the customers location.

just waiting on Todd from TOR with my confirmed shipping date-- I really cant take this BS anymore
I’m not sure that really explains it. According to that post, they had hands on their product 48 weeks ago and they actively depicted themselves conducting the “final assembly.” Not offsite.

it’s worth noting that at this point, 11 months ago, it had not yet been discovered that these tops were being made overseas. The implication all along was that this was a made in USA product. So how many tops did they have in their possession 48 weeks ago and what happened to them? Or was that entire post a ruse?

I honestly can’t wrap my head around it.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not sure that really explains it. According to that post, they had hands on their product 48 weeks ago and they actively depicted themselves conducting the “final assembly.” Not offsite.

it’s worth noting that at this point, 11 months ago, it had not yet been discovered that these tops were being made overseas. The implication all along was that this was a made in USA product. So how many tops did they have in their possession 48 weeks ago and what happened to them? Or was that entire post a ruse?

absolutely correct, unfortunately we will never know

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it’s worth noting that at this point, 11 months ago, it had not yet been discovered that these tops were being made overseas. The implication all along was that this was a made in USA product. So how many tops did they have in their possession 48 weeks ago and what happened to them? Or was that entire post ADV MOD Top a ruse?

Yes.

Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good. Lawd…

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did everyone get the email? I got it but I was pretty early with a day 1 res. Opted out of the hardtop early and got delivery 11/21 so I would expect to be at the front.

Curious if people are gonna order and resell. Seems like a hassle with not too much upside.
Heck, I sold my hardtop when it started getting cold in Michigan because I was gonna store it for winter and really wanted to get a one piece or like ADV modular where it’s the 3 piece instead of 4 for easier removal by myself with toplift. Also just wanted an actual black top. I still had faith then that theyd hit the February batch 1s then and it was smooth sailing. But if they sent me the invite to by an OEM one I’d bail and just buy it back, I’d still end up up $1500 so it’d be a win regardless.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I hope I don't get banned by pointing out "they" is @ADV Fiberglass

Not sure why they' are not directly tagged more often (regardless if the comments are positive or negative).

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I don't get banned by pointing out "they" is @ADV Fiberglass

Not sure why they' are not directly tagged more often (regardless if the comments are positive or negative).
They haven’t posted here since March 1st - Not sure there’s any point in tagging them unfortunately.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as a follow up here I cancelled my ADV top on 3/1 had the money in my account the next business day. Ordered the Anderson Composite top on 2/29 from a dealer, was told ~30 weeks (late Sept/Oct) - like someone else here, I just got the call yesterday (6 weeks later) that I am in production and the top will be shipping in 2 weeks.
Sponsored